Tom Brady appreciation thread

cale

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Must be a mirage.

According to many on here, Tom Brady was past his prime, he didn't have Welker anymore, etc ...

That really isn't in question, he's past his prime. Doesn't diminish what he's done though. If I didn't hate that dirty mother !@#$ing piece of **** I'd likely say that it enhances what he's done.

He and Manning are living on their wits and drive. Don't know if there are two more driven athletes in the league.

Say what you want about Brady but he is a class act all the way. Hall of Fame shoo first ballot for sure. A true gentleman sportsman.

One of those statements is true.

Someone on the radio last night compared the Patriots over the last few years to the Yankees after the end of their run years ago. The magic is certainly gone to a certain extent. Their future is murkier, no doubt.

They still dominate during the regular season but when they get in the playoffs, the domination factor has faded.

Edited by bobobonators

Say what you want about Brady but he is a class act all the way. Hall of Fame shoo first ballot for sure. A true gentleman sportsman.

A 'gentleman sportsman'? We are not talking about the same guy, clearly. Talented, yes. HOFer, yes. Sportsman? No way.

According to many on here, Tom Brady was past his prime, he didn't have Welker anymore, etc ...

That really isn't in question, he's past his prime. Doesn't diminish what he's done though. If I didn't hate that dirty mother !@#$ing piece of **** I'd likely say that it enhances what he's done.

Ya if you go back & read the "is he in decline?" thread, the "anti-Brady" comments are mostly that he's still very good, maybe even still great, but definitely in decline. It's not an opinion exclusive to Bills fans who are just haters. Advanced stats back that up and not just from this year. He's just a dink & dunk qb now - a really good one but dink&dunk nevertheless. Checkdown Tommy imo. Missed a wide open Edelman downfield by what 8 yards? Granted he doesn't have his all-world TE who gets hurt every year & has to settle for an elite OL, tough break.

Edited by BuffOrange

A 'gentleman sportsman'? We are not talking about the same guy, clearly. Talented, yes. HOFer, yes. Sportsman? No way.

I agree with this--for those who think he's a gentleman, good sport and class act on the field, go read the Esquire interview he did 4-5 years ago in which he talks about loving to run up the score. He came across as an arrogant jerk in that interview, full stop. I'll give him credit for (a) being a great player--1st ballot HOFer and (b) some of his charity work (in particular working with the mentally handicapped), but that's it

Been a Bills fan since the AFL days and when I see Bills fans who think that Brady losing or crying is a giant negative, all I can think is how pathetic to get your rocks off on that.

If only we had had a record here in Buffalo over the last decade that was comparable to the Pats.

The Bills continue to lose and some of our fans emulate it by thinking like bitter losers.