Mock Draft - 3.0 Updated 3/16/14 (Major Changes) on PG. 4

H2o

Atlanta has Julio Jones/Roddy White and Minnesota Greg Jennings/Cordarrelle Patterson. Matt Ryan just lost Tony Gonzales and the Vikings could use help anywhere on that defense. Just trying to look at things from a need/rationalization standpoint. :thumbsup:

Well, Atlanta needs OL, LB and CB too. All much more important than TE IMO. I can't see Minnesota passing on Bridgewater for Ha-Ha. He's not even the best safety in the draft. I'd take Pryor or ward over him in a heartbeat. Justin Gilbert makes more sense as well. Munnerlyn is ok but best fit as a nickelback. I'd take justin Gilbert over Dix as well and pair him with Xavier Rhodes. Not a bad draft overall, but I don't think the shocking picks have much of a chance of happening.

I did this draft on fanspeak using the Walter Football database. It's and amazing draft and I would take it in a heartbeat.

1. Gregg Robinson (feel free to sub Mathews or Lewan) OT one of them will be there.

2. M Bryant WR

3. Keith McGill CB (Big enough to be a big Safety)

4. Trevor Reilly DE

5. Andre Williams RB

6. Crocket Gilmore TE

7. A Jackson ILB

I would take this draft in a heart beat. There are very few reaches the most notable being Bryant (rated the 47th BPA).

Which is it, Heartbeat or Heart Beat?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EVERYTHING depends on the QBs if they go as early as some say ,we are going to get a premier type player,

excluding the QB its pretty obvious who the top few are, after that it get kinda mixed as far as rating who going when.

im hoping for a run at QB

weather its MACK,WATKINS, MATTHEWS or ROBINSON we cant lose, but if the qbs, sit who knows.

things to hope for

.A.... baby davis makes his rd 1 pick someone no one exspects ,in other words ,they screw up the pick again!

B....teams fall in love with the QBS..taking MANZIEL,CARR,BRIDGEWATER and BORTLES.

C....ONE of the three DBS ..DIX , GILBERT OR DENNARD slide into the top 8..

.D...CLOWNEY SLIPS OR WE TRADE UP FOR HIM...! dare to dream..

who falls ? who knows? IM guessing we get Matthews .

Edited by tombstone56

EVERYTHING depends on the QBs if they go as early as some say ,we are going to get a premier type player,

excluding the QB its pretty obvious who the top few are, after that it get kinda mixed as far as rating who going when.

im hoping for a run at QB

weather its MACK,WATKINS, MATTHEWS or ROBINSON we cant lose, but if the qbs, sit who knows.

things to hope for

.A.... baby davis makes his rd 1 pick someone no one exspects ,in other words ,they screw up the pick again!

B....teams fall in love with the QBS..taking MANZIEL,CARR,BRIDGEWATER and BORTLES.

C....ONE of the three DBS ..DIX , GILBERT OR DENNARD slide into the top 8..

.D...CLOWNEY SLIPS OR WE TRADE UP FOR HIM...! dare to dream..

It's interesting...

I've thought for a while now that the 3 QB's (Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater) will end up going in the top 8 somehow, someway....But I'll admit there is at least a decent chance one of them slides out...Then I was looking at some Mock Drafts on CBS.com...And granted these guys are not scouts...But they do talk to people around the league...It's literally their job to do so...And 2 of the 5 mock Drafts they have posted have David Carr going to Minnesota to make FOUR QB's in the top 8 picks!!! FOUR!!! Then I'm watching "Path To The Draft" the other night and Charles Davis, who I really respect at this time of year because he knows a lot of NFL people and talks to a ton of FO guys, says that Carr may go higher than anticipated...He hinted that there is some buzz about Carr being in the mix towards the top of the Draft, and that some teams may prefer him to at least one of the top 3 QB's...

So anyway...It would seem to be a REAL long-shot...But there is at least some buzz...If that happens the Bills are in the drivers seat for sure... :thumbsup:

The Houston Chronicle reports Teddy Bridgewater was "less accurate than expected" during Monday's Louisville Pro Day, as "several" of his passes were "clearly off target" and his ball "often fluttered."

The workout was held indoors. Bridgewater (6'2/208) also weighed in six pounds lighter than his Combine measurement and proceeded to make numerous underthrows and overthrows. Per the Chronicle, "more than ten" of Bridgewater's 65 Pro Day throws were "either misses or drops." Conceded Bridgewater afterwards, "it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be." Added NFL Network's Kurt Warner, "I think he missed a few more throws than you expect at a Pro Day." Bridgewater ran a 4.78 forty-yard dash. He threw without gloves after donning them throughout his high school and college careers. Bridgewater's draft stock has seemingly been falling since the end of the college season.

http://blog.chron.co..._medium=twitter

Another reason Teddy Bridgewater will possibly drop in the draft for all of the doubters. These are scripted workouts. Not saying this overrides game film or level of play in such, but the top QB's generally show well in their Pro Day workouts.

Edited by H2o

3rd crack at it this year. Changes all over.

1. Houston Texans - Jadeveon Clowney / DE / South Carolina - Yes, I do believe that things are shifting in Houston. I have had Johnny Football here since the first version, but I now am thinking the Texans will take Clowney. The combo of he on one side and Watt on the other will make opposing QB's lose sleep for years to come. I also think that the Texans will get their QB at the top of the 2nd Round or possibly slide back into the first if a guy they really like drops. Just a hunch, but I think Houston is where Jimmy Garoppolo ends up in the 2nd. (previously Johnny Manziel)

2. St. Louis Rams - Greg Robinson / OT / Auburn - Robinson is widely regarded as the best OT prospect in the draft by a majority of the football community. Sam Bradford has to be kept upright in the pocket. Jake Long is coming off of injury and the OL really isn't that spectacular with a healthy Jake Long. This is an investment to give Bradford one last shot at success in St. Louis. (previously Khalil Mack)

3. Jacksonville Jaguars - Blake Bortles / QB / UCF - This is the "anti-Tebow" in state option. A Florida guy tabbed as the future QB to turn around a Florida team. This will help the Jags sell tickets and it helps that the guy is already better than their former "Franchise QB", Blaine Gabbert (since shipped to San Francisco). Bortles has the talent to succeed, but the Jags will have to do a great job getting the pieces around him to be successful. I also think that they will ease Bortles in as the starting QB since they re-signed Chad Henne if Bortles proves to not be ready through the preseason. (No change)

4. Cleveland Browns - Johnny Manziel / QB / Texas A&M - When was the last time Cleveland truly had an exciting football player, someone that people just watched to see what they would do next? Outside of the Derek Anderson fluke year, when was the last time Cleveland truly had a potential Franchise QB? They have a pretty good thing going in Cleveland right now with the Pettine hire and the FA acquisitions they have made. They also have one of the best young WR's in the game in Josh Gordon. The release of both Weeden and Campbell tells me that they are going all in on a QB in Round 1. With Manziel not being selected by the Texans and the owner's infatuation with Johnny Football this is the easiest projection one could possibly make. (previously Sammy Watkins)

5. Oakland Raiders - Jake Matthews / OT / Texas A&M - What a debacle of an offseason it has been for Oakland. They had THE MOST cap space out of any team in the NFL, but still lost out on Jared Veldheer and the new Davis in charge nixed the deal for Saffold. They brought back the often injured Darren McFadden when it was obvious that both parties needed to go their separate ways. They did however get Austin Howard from the Jets, Tarell Brown, Lamarr Woodley, and Justin Tuck. Matthews comes from one of the best lineages in modern football history and is as versitile as they come. He will be the blindside protector for whoever is the QB in Oakland in 2014. The only way this pick changes is if Oakland signs Donald Penn @ some point, then this would easily be Sammy Watkins. I think he signs elsewhere. (previously Greg Robinson)

6. Atlanta Falcons - Eric Ebron / TE / UNC - SURPRISE!!! Atlanta takes the best offensive weapon on the board that is not a WR, as they already have Roddy White and Julio Jones. Ebron is going to be a nightmare for LB's to try to keep up with and Safeties to try to out muscle. Ebron can also line up outside with the WR's to create mismatches. Matt Ryan NEEDS a TE to be successful in this league and he lost the best the NFL has ever seen at the end of last season. I cannot justify a Watkins selection here even though I still have him on the board, but this one is very simple to rationalize. (previously a trade up for Clowney)

7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers - Khalil Mack / LB / Buffalo - What does Lovie Smith know? Defense. He knows that Mack is the best LB and possibly the best player in this draft. The guy has a motor that doesn't stop, he is strong, he is fast, he is instinctive in every situation, and now he is a member of the Buccaneers. Lovie Smith, the football gods have smiled upon you this day. (previously Anthony Barr)

8. Minnesota Vikings - Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix / S / Alabama - Minnesota needs help all over, but they signed Captain Munnerlyn and Derek Cox @ CB to go along with Xavier Rhodes whom they drafted last year. Harrison Smith looks like a good pick from a couple years ago at the FS position and now Clinton-Dix will be his running mate on the other side @ SS. (previously Justin Gilbert)

9. Buffalo Bills - Sammy Watkins / WR / Clemson - Could this have worked out any better? If Oakland would've landed their LT in FA we wouldn't be talking about this. Sometimes it is better to be lucky than good. Watkins is probably the best offensive weapon in the draft. He can take it the distance any time he gets his hands on the football. He is very good at high-pointing the ball and making the catch. He has great awareness of where he is at on the field as well for catches along the lines. There is nothing this guy does that is not to like. THIS is our #1 WR. (previously Mike Evans)

10. Detroit Lions - Justin Gilbert / CB / Oklahoma St. - The signing of Golden Tate in FA gives Detroit some room to address a real weak spot on their defense. This move just makes too much sense to be wrong. Gilbert is seen as the top CB prospect and this surely helps to fill a void for Detroit. (previously Marqise Lee)

11. Tennessee Titans - Mike Evans / WR / Texas A&M - Mike Evans is a little bit bigger version of Michael Floyd, whom Whisenhunt drafted in Arizona. Jake Locker needs weapons and the drafting of Evans could help a bit to mask his issues with inaccuracy. Evans can basically pluck the ball from anywhere Locker would throw. He will be a nice compliment to Kendall Wright. (previously Eric Ebron)

12. New York Giants - Timmy Jernigan / DT / Florida St. - The Giants lost Linval Joseph in FA and Jernigan will be selected to plug the hole left by such a move. The Giants have fallen off rather quickly after their last SB victory. Look for Tom Coughlin to be under the microscope again this year in NY. (no change)

13. St. Louis Rams - Calvin Pryor / S / Louisville - The Rams weakest point on defense is the S position. Pryor is one of those guys who is vesitile enough to cover and play the run. Probably the hardest hitting DB in this draft, one of those who make WR's suddenly grow aligator arms. A Fisher type of player if I have ever seen one. (previously Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix)

14. Chicago Bears - Anthony Barr / LB / UCLA - Urlacher is long gone, Briggs isn't getting any younger, and the rest of the LB group is just meh. Barr can line up at LB or rush the passer off the edge in obvious passing situations. The defense has to improve and this will go a long way in that regard. (previously Jake Matthews)

15. Pittsburgh Steelers - CJ Mosley / LB / Alabama - Mosley will replace Foote and start along side of Timmons in the middle for Pittsburgh. (no change)

16. Dallas Cowboys - Aaron Donald / DT / Pittsburgh - What in the h-e-double hockey sticks is Jerry Jones doing in Dallas? Wow, just wow. Donald is another guy who showed out at the combine. He would be an immediate starter on Dallas' weak defensive interior. Need = fit in this instance. (no change)

17. Baltimore Ravens - Taylor Lewan / OT / Michigan - Well, to my surprise, the re-signed Eugene Monroe. They did move on from Michael Oher as I thought they would though. The line is going to have to be rebuilt if they want to get anything out of their investment in Joe Flacco. Lewan is a great pick for them here. (no change)

18. New York Jets - Marqise Lee / WR / USC - The Jets have not been very shy in their interest of USC's top WR. They were able to get Decker in FA, but the cupboard is still fairly bare in NY. If they want Geno to succeed they must give him people to throw the ball to. Lee makes all the sense in the world going here. (previously Darqueze Dennard)

19. Miami Dolphins - Zack Martin / OT / Notre Dame - Miami landed Branden Albert in FA and that is a good start for the rebuild of that absolutely horrible OL. Martin will be another key peice of that rebuild. He offers some flexibility as he can play OT or OG and likely both at a high quality level. (No Change)

20. Arizona Cardinals - Scott Chrihton / DE / Oregon St. - Crichton's main focus will be to attack the QB from the OLB spot, but will flip to DE in Nickel/Dime packages. He is on the rise after a solid Pro Day workout where he was put through a battery of LB drills and looked fluid in all his movements. He will be a disruptive force coming off the edge for the Cardinals. (previously Stephon Tuitt)

21. Green Bay Packers - Stephon Tuitt / DE / Notre Dame - This pick will help to solidify that defensive front even more. Tuitt will be an immediate upgrade and starter. He reminds me a lot of a young Richard Seymour and has the ability to slide to the inside in Nickel/Dime situations. He will undoubtedly benefit from playing along side the likes of Clay Matthews and Julius Peppers. It won't be pretty for opposing QB's. (previously Jace Amaro)

22. Philadelphia Eagles - Darqueze Dennard / CB / Michigan St. - This is perfect for Philly. The secondary was a major weakness last season for this team. Dennard is an excellent press/man CB who guards well and isn't afraid to stick his head in there against the run. I think he could end up being the Eagles best CB by season's end, hands down. (previously Calvin Pryor)

23. Kansas City Chiefs - Jace Amaro / TE / Texas Tech - Alex Smith loves a TE like fat kid loves cake. Amaro would almost immediately become his favorite target, probably even more so than Dwayne Bowe. Not to mention it could pull some of the over the top Safety help off of Bowe to free him up more. Makes sense to me. (previously Kareem Martin)

24. Cincinnati Bengals - Kony Ealy / DE / Missouri - The loss of Michael Johnson will undoubtedly be felt, but Ealy is a solid young prospect with good potential. Don't be surprised if he beats out Margus Hunt and starts on openeing day. (previously Kelvin Benjamin).

25. San Diego Chargers - Louis Nix III / DT / Notre Dame - The Chargers lack that run stuffer in the middle of the DL. Cam Thomas was signed away in FA by the Steelers this past week making this even more of a need. Nix's season was hampered by a meniscus problem, but he was fixed up by the best surgeon in the biz (James Andrews) and has been given a clean bill of health. At 6'3" and 340lbs he would immediately fit right in with the starting unit and his homeboy Manti Te'o. (previously Cyril Richardson)

26. Cleveland Browns - Brandin Cooks / WR / Oregon St. - They already have Josh Gordon, Jordan Cameron, and drafted Johnny Manziel @ #4. This will go right along with getting their QB more weapons to be successful. Cooks had a monster year for Oregon St. and has followed it up with a monster showing in the pre-draft process. He ran a 4.33 40-yard dash, a 36" vertical, a 10' broad jump, and has good sized hands. He is quick in and out of his breaks as well. He rides this wave all the way into the 1st to Cleveland @ #26. (previosly Derek Carr)

27. New Orleans Saints - Kyle Fuller / CB / Virginia Tech - The Saints have one of the most potent offenses in the NFL, but the defense is lacking especially in the secondary. They signed Jairus Byrd, but need more help than just he and Vaccaro. Fuller had a solid year and showed well when facing the better competition, but injuries slowed him down towards the end of the season. He really helped his stock with a good performance at the combine and lands with the needy Saints here.(previosly Antonio Richardson)

28. Carolina Panthers - Odell Beckham Jr. / WR / LSU. - Cam needs more weapons on offense and Beckham is a target who can be just that. They just cut Steve Smith and lost Brandon Lafell in FA. Tedd Ginn is no longer with the team either. Cam can't throw the ball to Greg Olsen every time. I look for Carolina to take a step back next year because they haven't helped Cam AT ALL. (previously Allen Robinson)

29. New England Patriots - Troy Niklas / TE / Notre Dame - NE loves their two TE sets and Gronk has been the poster boy for injury prone the last couple of seasons. This is another BIG target over the middle for Tommy Boy with some athleticism. Niklas sneaks into the 1st Round here. (previously Ra'Shede Hageman)

30. San Francisco 49ers - Bradley Roby / CB / Ohio St. - The 49ers main weakness is their secondary. Couple that with the fact they lost Tarell Brown to the Raiders and Carlos Rogers will not be returning. I like Roby as a player. They say he fell off a bit this past season, but when I watched him(only 2 or 3 times) I saw a guy who covered well and was not afraid to stick his head in there against the run. He had an excellent showing at the combine and I think he is San Francisco's choice here. (previously Kyle Fuller)

31. Denver Broncos - Xavier Su'a-Filo / OG / UCLA - Denver has gone all in on a SB run in 2014. They lost Decker, but I think he was more a product of the QB throwing him the ball anyway. No big deal. They lost Zane Beadles in FA to the Jaguars and I think this pick makes the most sense at this point considering who is on the board. Su'a-Filo had an excellent combine and is even drawing comparisons to perenial All-Pro Steve Hutchinson. This is a great pick, especially from a value standpoint for the Broncos. (previous pick Bradley Roby)

32. Seattle Seahawks - Brandon Thomas / OT / Clemson - The defense is basically intact, but the OL and WR group could use some work. Thomas showed really well at the combine in all the workouts and that was coming off a solid season. He possesses excellent strength, good enough feet, and great length for the position. He will step in at RT and replace the wildly inconsistent Breno Giacomini. Hopefully Wilson won't have to run for his life so much next year. (previous pick Gabe Jackson)

I don't really see much that can happen to change this version of my mock, minus Oakland getting a LT before the draft (which I feel is highly unlikely). Roast away my friends. :thumbsup:

The Atlanta pick makes a lot of sense! The TE position was a very important cog in their offense and with the loss of Gonzalez they need a replacement. I'm surprised you don't have Teddy Bridgewater going to Minnesota, let alone the first round. Hoping like hell that Khalil Mack fall to the Bills, if not trade out of 9 and acquire more picks. A dynamic pass rusher like Dee Ford, if medically sound, would be ideal late in the first.

The Houston Chronicle reports Teddy Bridgewater was "less accurate than expected" during Monday's Louisville Pro Day, as "several" of his passes were "clearly off target" and his ball "often fluttered."

The workout was held indoors. Bridgewater (6'2/208) also weighed in six pounds lighter than his Combine measurement and proceeded to make numerous underthrows and overthrows. Per the Chronicle, "more than ten" of Bridgewater's 65 Pro Day throws were "either misses or drops." Conceded Bridgewater afterwards, "it was nowhere near where I wanted it to be." Added NFL Network's Kurt Warner, "I think he missed a few more throws than you expect at a Pro Day." Bridgewater ran a 4.78 forty-yard dash. He threw without gloves after donning them throughout his high school and college careers. Bridgewater's draft stock has seemingly been falling since the end of the college season.

http://blog.chron.co..._medium=twitter

Another reason Teddy Bridgewater will possibly drop in the draft for all of the doubters. These are scripted workouts. Not saying this overrides game film or level of play in such, but the top QB's generally show well in their Pro Day workouts.

Like Mayock and Charles Davis pointed out this evening the workouts are just a piece of the puzzle...And the truth is both of them, and a bunch of teams, have Bridgewater the #1 QB in this Draft...He struggled with some things today that he normally does very well on the field...So it sounds to me like nerves got the best of Bridgewater today...It happens...Happened to him at the wrong time...

Do I think this will make him slide? No...And here's why...Mayock said the best PW he's ever...EVER seen from a QB was Jamarcus Russell...That's how much these things really matter in the scheme of things...The film is what is going to get Teddy Drafted in the Top 8...Not the PW...The PW could have got him Drafted #1 though...That's what the PW is really for...If you dazzle you can further elevate...That's all...I would still be shocked to see Bridgewater fall out of the Top 8...He's been a chosen one for two years now...The film is very flattering for him overall... B-)

Edited by KOKBILLS

Well, Atlanta needs OL, LB and CB too. All much more important than TE IMO. I can't see Minnesota passing on Bridgewater for Ha-Ha. He's not even the best safety in the draft. I'd take Pryor or ward over him in a heartbeat. Justin Gilbert makes more sense as well. Munnerlyn is ok but best fit as a nickelback. I'd take justin Gilbert over Dix as well and pair him with Xavier Rhodes. Not a bad draft overall, but I don't think the shocking picks have much of a chance of happening.

Which is it, Heartbeat or Heart Beat?

I think he was going for The Heartbeat of America. Retired Chevy worker my guess.

Like Mayock and Charles Davis pointed out this evening the workouts are just a piece of the puzzle...And the truth is both of them, and a bunch of teams, have Bridgewater the #1 QB in this Draft...He struggled with some things today that he normally does very well on the field...So it sounds to me like nerves got the best of Bridgewater today...It happens...Happened to him at the wrong time...

Do I think this will make him slide? No...And here's why...Mayock said the best PW he's ever...EVER seen from a QB was Jamarcus Russell...That's how much these things really matter in the scheme of things...The film is what is going to get Teddy Drafted in the Top 8...Not the PW...The PW could have got him Drafted #1 though...That's what the PW is really for...If you dazzle you can further elevate...That's all...I would still be shocked to see Bridgewater fall out of the Top 8...He's been a chosen one for two years now...The film is very flattering for him overall... B-)

I do believe another thing that may cause a slide is his weight. Word is he was playing last at under 190lbs last year by the end of the season. He was 212lbs at the combine and was reportedly at 202lbs yesterday, less than a month later. If he can't keep the weight on and play at a decent size he will get broken in the NFL.