If you haven't read Johnny Coli's Blog...

oh my lord.. THANK YOU for pointing this out.. I'm only half way through the second post and I'm crying over here...

!!!

Great stuff so far...

"I could tell Joe V stole the nips and drank on the job, because I often watched him do it, which removed any doubt I had that he stole nips and drank them on the job. I never told anyone because ratting out drunks wasn’t in my job description"

oh man... too funny.

sorry to bump this so soon again, but I just read the whole thing and you should all take 10 minutes and do the same... (start at the bottom)... wow... a co-worker just asked me what the hell i was laughing about... I'm not sure I should print it out, but I might have to!

:devil:

Bravo Johnny Coli!

LMFAO...I love the one about the trucker who asks EJ whether or not he can park in bay 2.

212277[/snapback]

i think my favorite is the initial description of EJ with his arms in his pants up to his elbows... I have worked with "special" kids, and that was the perfect description..

That, and the breaking of bottles... oh, and "I never told anyone because ratting out drunks wasn’t in my job description"..

Keep em comin' Johnny

Johnny Coli definitely has some writing talent, but the story is just not for me. But I can appreciate his writing skill all the same.

Of the few that post to their blog on a routine basis, I've enjoyed Millbank's the most. I'm not comparing writing styles, because Millbank's blog is just a series of random thoughts, but he's got some terrific links, such as Issac Asimov's article on our national anthem, Russell H. Conwell's The History of Fifty-seven Cents lecture, Martin Luther King's Drum Major sermon, and Frank Deford's article on Bill Russell. All terrific reads.

EJ had the uncanny ability to guess, in great detail, what you had for lunch if you breathed into his face. This was no ordinary parlor trick, as he could accurately tell you, and whoever else was standing around, what you had eaten right down to the condiments.

:devil::lol::lol: