Buffalo-area State Assemblyman resigns - sex harassment claims

http://www.buffalone...claims-20140112

Of course, being that is is New York State, he still does get his $53,000 annual tax-free pension.

FYI - Texas legislators are unpaid positions.

I am not sure if that is completely true...they don't make a lot, but I believe they do get paid a very minimal salary, along with a daily salary (about $100-150) for each day they are in session.

To be fair, he is taking a reduction from his salary of $79,500/year + per diem as a member of the Assembly (as a part-time job), to take his pension of $51,000 or so.

The poor man can only suffer so much before it becomes cruel.

I am not sure if that is completely true...they don't make a lot, but I believe they do get paid a very minimal salary, along with a daily salary (about $100-150) for each day they are in session.

but here in Austin, $150.00 per day barely covers the cost of parking. :)

Funny, they don't mention party affiliation until half way through the article. How many people do you think read that far?

In the 15th paragraph they refer to the Democratic speaker, so I guess we can infer party from that clue.

Now, back to the Laneclosuregate!

wow, I'm actually surprised. Bout the only difference I can tell between D and R in these criminal accusations are that:

1. Repubs tend to resign IMMEDIATELY, before the investigation comes out.

2. Democrats NEVER resign, even when the evidence is overwhelming. They hold on like grim death.