Bonds deserves to be in hall of fame

major

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and it likely so many where well aware of it , looked the other way and crossed fingers he would not get caught, today protesting ignorance. The issue a complex one not simply black and white hero and villain. Mark Macguire coach these days, life going on just nicely thank you very much... others beat down into scoundrels . There is a great deal of wrong to be spread around,

Same with Manny Ramirez and Rafael Palmeiro.

However, I truly believe Alex Rodriguez has been using steroids his entire career.

and it likely so many where well aware of it , looked the other way and crossed fingers he would not get caught, today protesting ignorance. The issue a complex one not simply black and white hero and villain. Mark Macguire coach these days, life going on just nicely thank you very much... others beat down into scoundrels . There is a great deal of wrong to be spread around,

Mark McGuire admitted it and was able to move on. There was a lesson to be learned there. People like Clemens, Rodriguez, Sosa, Palmeiro and Ryan Braun did not learn the lesson.

Wise words.

Yep! So true Mill. Barry gets beat down because he isn't a "Mr. Loveable Guy." Well, there have been many that were surly w/the media... Ted Williams comes to mind. I am not going to get too socially invovled w/my answer, I don't want the board to turn nasty, but stuff like this really adds to the "pereception problem" many have in our society.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Mark McGuire admitted it and was able to move on. There was a lesson to be learned there. People like Clemens, Rodriguez, Sosa, Palmeiro and Ryan Braun did not learn the lesson.

not so sure he did come clean, don't think he any different that Cansenco , but framed it he just doing banned supplements. Mcguire largely speaking by comparison got a walk. .

And if MM held the records, would he admit? I am not holding my breath. He threw the others under the bus, no damage could be done to him anyway... First one outta the gate.

Tough not being Mr. Loveable Media Guy when those same sportswriter have the power to vote you in!

not so sure he did come clean, don't think he any different that Cansenco , but framed it he just doing banned supplements. Mcguire largely speaking by comparison got a walk. .

+1

And if MM held the records, would he admit? I am not holding my breath. He threw the others under the bus, no damage could be done to him anyway... First one outta the gate.

Tough not being Mr. Loveable Media Guy when those same sportswriter have the power to vote you in!

+1

I'm pretty sure McGuire knew his chances at the HOF were gone. And I believe you can admit to wrong doing/apologize without being "Mr. Loveable Media Guy."

I think he admitted it because he knew it was undeniable. Bonds' !@#$ing head grew 3 sizes. But he still denied it.

I remain pissed at McGuire for cheating and for crashing Roger Maris' party forever (reallllly pisses me off). But the people like Bonds and Clemens are far worse, because not only did they ruin the record books, they're also insulting every fan of the game by "looking them in the eye" and saying, "You're wrong. I did not do those things."

I'm pretty sure McGuire knew his chances at the HOF were gone. And I believe you can admit to wrong doing/apologize without being "Mr. Loveable Media Guy."

I think he admitted it because he knew it was undeniable. Bonds' !@#$ing head grew 3 sizes. But he still denied it.

I remain pissed at McGuire for cheating and for crashing Roger Maris' party forever (reallllly pisses me off). But the people like Bonds and Clemens are far worse, because not only did they ruin the record books, they're also insulting every fan of the game by "looking them in the eye" and saying, "You're wrong. I did not do those things."

Who's to say they didn't do bad things years ago? Like load the bats and never get caught? We worship the Steelers and Raiders of the 1970's... They did nothing more than Barry did.

It wasn't against the rules what Barry did, if he did it.

You mixing court of public opinion w/the rules... He did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to answer anything about it. Now, if baseball squared away the illegality of what was going on, then he has to answer. I understand his approach, he owes nobody an explanation.

What's the problem? Why is everybody so high & mighty, self-righteous? Bonds did not break any rules.end of story.

You can do anything you want as long as it isn't against the rules. That is not the same as ONLY doing what the rules say (in this case, that would be dumb).

They just need a special area of the HoF museum. You walk under an archway that says "Steroid users *"

Every stat will have an asterisk next to it and we can call it the asterisk room.

So will the Super Bowl?

What about goes that got caught w/corked bats? Let alone the time that they never got caught. Bonds broke no rules @ the time... No more that Ruth pounding hot dogs and beer.

Who's to say they didn't do bad things years ago? Like load the bats and never get caught? We worship the Steelers and Raiders of the 1970's... They did nothing more than Barry did.

You mixing court of public opinion w/the rules... He did nothing wrong and shouldn't have to answer anything about it. Now, if baseball squared away the illegality of what was going on, then he has to answer. I understand his approach, he owes nobody an explanation.

What's the problem? Why is everybody so high & mighty, self-righteous? Bonds did not break any rules.end of story.

You can do anything you want as long as it isn't against the rules. That is not the same as ONLY doing what the rules say (in this case, that would be dumb).

So will the Super Bowl?

What about goes that got caught w/corked bats? Let alone the time that they never got caught. Bonds broke no rules @ the time... No more that Ruth pounding hot dogs and beer.

You know what they did years ago? They drank, smoked cigarettes, did some speed and did some coke. Those aren't performance enhancers. Those don't make your body heal more quickly. Those don't make your body more durable.

My beef is the record books. I don't think steroids caused any team to win any World Series. But the individual record books are fuct forever because of these man-made monsters.

Not just HR records. Strikeouts. Hell ... even Rickey Henderson's All-Time Walks record was broken by Bonds. Henderson drew walks as an art form. Bonds got them because no one wanted to pitch to him ... because he was a cheater.

And baseball is a game full of tradition and unwritten rules. The fact that Bonds used his millions to scientifically get ahead of the rule books doesn't exonerate him. He's still a cheater who destroyed sacred records.

You know what they did years ago? They drank, smoked cigarettes, did some speed and did some coke. Those aren't performance enhancers. Those don't make your body heal more quickly. Those don't make your body more durable.

My beef is the record books. I don't think steroids caused any team to win any World Series. But the individual record books are fuct forever because of these man-made monsters.

Not just HR records. Strikeouts. Hell ... even Rickey Henderson's All-Time Walks record was broken by Bonds. Henderson drew walks as an art form. Bonds got them because no one wanted to pitch to him ... because he was a cheater.

And baseball is a game full of tradition and unwritten rules. The fact that Bonds used his millions to scientifically get ahead of the rule books doesn't exonerate him. He's still a cheater who destroyed sacred records.

I see. Fair enough. Yet, such is life. You think he gamed the system. Maybe he did. But we will never know for sure. He gets a pass, he didn't break any rules. I still think he should get in. Court of public opinion doesn't keep him out.

So will the Super Bowl?

Sorry buddy but you have no argument in this one. All I am going to say on this issue, maybe you should have told Bonds to not have done steroids... But he did so he has only himself to blame.

Sorry buddy but you have no argument in this one. All I am going to say on this issue, maybe you should have told Bonds to not have done steroids... But he did so he has only himself to blame.

And there was nothing wrong w/doing them... They weren't against the rules. So what is the problem. If the law is absent of saying how fast I can drive, why would I be punished for going 120 miles an hour? I would be doing nothing wrong legally. Personally, yes, I could hurt myself and others... But why should that choice prevent me from winning a race?

It is the moral police and do gooder who object... As usual. That isn't a personal attack either, don't take it that way!

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Steroids in baseball: Mythology rules

You read it everyday "steroids (anabolic steroids) were not banned in baseball (choose one)

• when McGwire and Sosa compiled the summer of '98
  • when Bonds hit 73 home runs
  • until 2003"

Wrong. Fay Vincent sent out a memo in 1991 with the official MLB policy (ESPN):

c_19113925.jpg

A year earlier Congress had raised penalties for possessing those and 25 other anabolics. But now the stuff violated baseball's rules, too. On June 7, 1991, commissioner Fay Vincent sent a memo to each team and the players union that stated: "The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players or personnel is strictly prohibited ... This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs ... including steroids.

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/steroids-in-bas.html

You read it everyday "steroids (anabolic steroids) were not banned in baseball (choose one)

• until 2003"

c_19113925.jpg

A year earlier Congress had raised penalties for possessing those and 25 other anabolics. But now the stuff violated baseball's rules, too. On June 7, 1991, commissioner Fay Vincent sent a memo to each team and the players union that stated: "The possession, sale or use of any illegal drug or controlled substance by Major League players or personnel is strictly prohibited ... This prohibition applies to all illegal drugs ... including steroids.

http://grg51.typepad...ids-in-bas.html

:worthy:

• until 2003"

c_19113925.jpg

http://grg51.typepad.com/steroid_nation/2007/06/steroids-in-bas.html

Thanks! Like the picture too! Your post wouldn't have been complete w/out it.

Okay, now post BB's blood test results saying he tested positive.

your last sentence cut off the last part of vincent's memo

...or prescription drugs for which the individual in possession of the drug does not have a prescription."

• until 2003"

c_19113925.jpg

http://grg51.typepad...ids-in-bas.html