BCS CHAMPIONSHIP

Bronc24

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You tell me. You're the one with the expert analysis on his only bad game of the year. Where were you when he destroyed every other team he played this year? Biding your time for him to look bad so you can prove you knew it all along?

Winston can still go on to have a great game tonight.

What changes with anything I said earlier?

"bad mechanics and footwork"

Never saw you say that before. Is this the first FSU game you've ever watched and you're just spitballing coincidentally with Winston's worst game?

"Wouldn't trust him to start over EJ"

After one bad game ever? One bad game in his freshman, Heisman winning season? That's why, that's the most foolish thing I have ever heard.

I stick by my comment the freshman is going to choke in the clutch. Its nothing against him I just feel like it is a lot of pressure for a kid so young, but if he proves me wrong good for him (he is doing better this half).

If I were an Alabama fan, not sure exactly why, but it would really piss me off to see my headcoach, Nick Saban analyzing the championship game...you know, the one his team was supposed to win? How much money is enough for some of these guys? Don't know why, but it just strikes me as very weak...like the cuckold husband...

Bothered me on sportscenter earlier this week - during the game I'd be pretty annoyed as a bama fan. He loses, parlays it into a raise then gets a fat payday analyzing the team that beat him -- I'll give saban credit for being an evil genius of sorts.

Never saw you say that before. Is this the first FSU game you've ever watched and you're just spitballing coincidentally with Winston's worst game?

After one bad game ever? One bad game in his freshman, Heisman winning season? That's why, that's the most foolish thing I have ever heard.

Firechan as we have seen in the recent winners of the Heisman they do not translate well to the NFL. A great player in college doesn't always make a great NFL player. I think most of us are looking at him as a future NFL player and how the pressure and his game translates. This is a big game people want to see him step up or fail.

You tell me. You're the one with the expert analysis on his only bad game of the year. Where were you when he destroyed every other team he played this year? Biding your time for him to look bad so you can prove you knew it all along?

This is the first time Wnston has faced an SEC team. There is a reason SEC teams have won the last seven national championships

Firechan as we have seen in the recent winners of the Heisman they do not translate well to the NFL. A great player in college doesn't always make a great NFL player. I think most of us are looking at him as a future NFL player and how the pressure and his game translates. This is a big game people want to see him step up or fail.

I agree, but to be overly critical to Winston while also praising EJ is so laughably foolish I don't even believe it happened.

I agree, but to be overly critical to Winston while also praising EJ is so laughably foolish I don't even believe it happened.

In my 7 post (now 8) I have never praised EJ. I will say it is tough and unfair to judge a player after one year and I feel he should get a second chance. Look at Brett Favre's first year was not very good

What is there to analyze - it does not take any analysis to see it takes forever for the ball to get out of Winston's throwing hand. A lot of bills fans do not watch a lot of college until the pre draft videos come out.

Again, what part of anything I said isn't true about his mechanics and progressions? Because I haven't been active on this forum much this year preaching these things makes them false?

And yes, as a pro prospect he looks just as raw as EJ did in certain aspects. I didn't feel entirely comfortable with EJ starting right away and don't feel like Winston could come out right now and be any better as a pro. Fortunately for Winston, he has another year, minimum, to further develop.

I was praising EJ?

For saying I wouldn't trust a raw pro prospect starting any more than another raw pro prospect?

Edited by Bangarang

Again, what part of anything I said isn't true about his mechanics and progressions? Because I haven't been active on this forum much this year preaching these things makes them false?

And yes, as a pro prospect he looks just as raw as EJ did in certain aspects. I didn't feel entirely comfortable with EJ starting right away and don't feel like Winston could come out right now and be any better as a pro. Fortunately for Winston, he has another year, minimum, to further develop.

I was praising EJ?

For saying I wouldn't trust a raw pro prospect starting any more than another raw pro prospect?

Point, set, match.

Who was rarely heard from as a rookie? T'eo is a starter for one of the 8 teams left in the playoffs so you must mean someone else.

Hmmmm...had or exceeded 4 solo tackles 4 times all season, zero sacks, zero interceptions. Nope, pretty sure I meant Te'o.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.