What a great weekend of NFL action

Pneumonic

Been at this a very long time but that may have been the most entertaining weekend of NFL I have watched in some time.

Another thing .... this weekend also solidified my strong belief that .... come playoff time .... you win as your QB plays and that in-game adjustments are crucial to playing the following week.

I saw a lot of running backs that refuse to be tackled and move the pile. I think the Bills need to seriously address that position. You don't necessarily have to draft a running back (and definitely not in the first three rounds) but nonetheless,that is a position of need for the Bills imho.

I saw a lot of running backs that refuse to be tackled and move the pile. I think the Bills need to seriously address that position. You don't necessarily have to draft a running back (and definitely not in the first three rounds) but nonetheless,that is a position of need for the Bills imho.

I agree. Also look at the success of the three back teams like the Chargers or Packers or Patriots. Why not add another multifaceted back or an inside pounder type.

Ur so right... Imagine what a beast Freddie would be in a playoff game.

I agree that it was a good weekend of football which I think had a lot to do with the low seeds like Packers, Saints, Chiefs and Chargers playing. Normally this weekend includes a couple stinkers so the quality of the teams playing had a lot to do with it

I said it before that I think Marrone prefers a bigger back over more dynamic back like Spiller so it won't surprise me if they draft one somewhat high

Edited by Max997

This was a great weekend. The Colts- Chiefs was a classic. Today at Lambeau was how football is to be played. Outside in the winter- a gritty game. I agree- this weeekend showed how important the QB is. All games were won by very good or - in Brees case- an elite guy. I kept thinking over and over that the Bills are far away.

To add to what's already been said, the better QBs won in all cases except in Green Bay however the best QBs also didn't have to carry their teams with their arms. They were just very efficient and relatively mistake free and in fact the ground games re-emerged in the playoffs.

Except for KC-Indy, there was a fair amount of old-style football played.

Great games all weekend IMO.

I do have a question though. I was gonna start a thread on it but it should be ok here.

When a team loses a playoff game (let's look at GB for an example) is their work responsibility over for the year?

To clarify, besides the media interviews and cleaning out locker room are they free to go? Do they come back the next day to review film? Or is it loss and get the hell out.

The same question perplexes me for all the non playoff teams after week #17.

Been at this a very long time but that may have been the most entertaining weekend of NFL I have watched in some time.

Another thing .... this weekend also solidified my strong belief that .... come playoff time .... you win as your QB plays and that in-game adjustments are crucial to playing the following week.

Definitely some great games. What pisses me off, though, is how the PI/Defensive holding rules always change once the playoffs start. They've essentially made it impossible for d-backs to stop receivers during the regular season but all of a sudden they're allowed to maul them. I know the Indy/KC game was high scoring but the other games were more like football of old. This is partly why the Pats* of 2002-2005 were able to shut down the high flying Colts so easily once playoff time came. The refs stop calling PI/Defensive holding the same way. And then you hear the announcers go, "The refs are letting them play! I think that's good for a game like this." I agree that that's how football should be called, but when you call it one way all season you can't just change it up once the playoffs begin. The NHL did the same post-lockout, starting in 06-07. Call hooks/grabbing super tight all year, then swallow the whistles once it's post season. That totally f***s teams built around the rules, like the Sabres were.

The other thing that jumped out at me is that good playoff teams play well in the clutch-- you don't really see a lot of these teams choke down the stretch with fumbles or picks. A lot of that is having great QB's, but a lot of it is having clutch skill players. Someone fumbling like TJ did in the KC game, or SJ and Chandler did in the Atlanta game-- the teams that are contending don't have players that do this very often, if ever.