Free Agency

HSerotte

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Were Lawson and Branch signed before June 1? I think they were, but not sure.

i am pretty sure they were, though i am not sure exactly when the hughes for sheppard trade happened. and the lewis for (crap, i forgot that linebacker's name...drafted a round before moats...anyway, that guy) happened right before the last preseason game.

fun question: if chan was coach, does lewis ever play?

fun question 2: if marrone were coach last year, does t. jackson play?

Edited by swnybillsfan

He'd certainly add some fire to this team; and he'll probably be available for a reasonable price. I know there would be a very vocal minority that would be outraged, but I'd be okay with it.

Also, I believe Michael Oher is a UFA at the end of the year and Ravens have shown they're not afraid to let a guy walk and I think they have Pitta to deal with too. Of course, if Oher hits the market I predict it'll be about 3.5 minutes before the Foreskins sign him.

:thumbsup:

Also like Dsteb's post

and I think Vehldeer would be an awesome addition at Tackle

I have no problem with Henne. I live in J-ville. I've seen plenty of him. I wouldn't mind him on the team.

I have several problems with Henne:

1) He is not legitimate competition as a starting quarterback in my opinion any more than Kolb is/was

2) There is a real chance that he would get to play if he came to Buffalo even if he is a backup - that scares me

3) I think he really, really, really sucks. Did I emphasize the word "really" enough? Yes it is just my opinion. I have not doubt that some people like him although I will not understand why.

Wait...one more thing....

If we could somehow clone Henne and make him the starting quarterback of every team in the AFC East except the Bills, I have no doubt Buffalo would win the division next year. No doubt at all. And I feel that way no matter which one of the current quarterbacks on the Bills roster would be our quarterback for the season.

Edited by PolishDave

I would absolutely love Kuhn from GB if they let him go, a perfect fit. Good blocker, runner and has decent hands. Would be a great FB for the Bills.

Love this idea. An RB or skilled FB. I really liked the three headed monster of Woodhead, Brown, and Mathews or the Pats with Ridley, Vereen, and Blount. If a multipurpose back is available get him.

Edited by Marshawn's 20 bucks

Henne's at least as good a player as Kevin Kolb.

I don't think that is saying much about Henne.

Why would you want to add another quarterback to this roster who was not at least as good as EJ Manuel?

I am not as high on EJ or optimistic about him as most people probably are on this board. Yet, I am convinced EJ is already a better quarterback than Chad Henne. So adding Chad to this roster would be a major waste in my opinion. And God help us if Henne had to start for any reason.

My main opinion of Henne is based on the way I have seen him play in games. But his stats going back for years pretty much back up my take on him I think.

Just look back a few years and see where he ranks consistently. It is scary. Consistently near the bottom year after year. This is why teams don't want to keep him. http://espn.go.com/nfl/qbr

1) He is not legitimate competition as a starting quarterback in my opinion any more than Kolb is/was

2) There is a real chance that he would get to play if he came to Buffalo even if he is a backup - that scares me

3) I think he really, really, really sucks. Did I emphasize the word "really" enough? Yes it is just my opinion. I have not doubt that some people like him although I will not understand why.

If we could somehow clone Henne and make him the starting quarterback of every team in the AFC East except the Bills, I have no doubt Buffalo would win the division next year. No doubt at all. And I feel that way no matter which one of the current quarterbacks on the Bills roster would be our quarterback for the season.

take it easy richard.

Didn't Henne sweep us whilst with the Fins?