crowds..

maybe it my buffalo bias, but i thought the crowds in cinncy ,philly, and indy were not like bills playoff crowds, any type of bills crowds. maybe they have changed the crowd noise feed, but i always compare a bills crowd to the game im watching, was not impressed with any of them.. seattle has the stadium structure advantage, but anyway, i just do not see the bills not having that crowd willing them to win.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe it my buffalo bias, but i thought the crowds in cinncy ,philly, and indy were not like bills playoff crowds, any type of bills crowds. maybe they have changed the crowd noise feed, but i always compare a bills crowd to the game im watching, was not impressed with any of them.. seattle has the stadium structure advantage, but anyway, i just do not see the bills not having that crowd willing them to win.

You mean like the crowds we had in the playoff years of the 1990s. Like the great Houston come back game ? The playoff game that was blacked out in Buffalo because the great Buffalo fans could not sell out the game. Like the multitude of great Buffalo fans that gave up on the team and left that game early. It's a complete myth that Buffalo has great fans; even with our Super Bowl teams we had low season ticket sales and trouble filling seats. That's the reality.

It's a complete myth that Buffalo has great fans;

If you say so. Smallest market, one of the largest stadiums (11th), sell out most games even though we've been terrible for over a decade. Yeah. We suck as fans.

You mean like the crowds we had in the playoff years of the 1990s. Like the great Houston come back game ? The playoff game that was blacked out in Buffalo because the great Buffalo fans could not sell out the game. Like the multitude of great Buffalo fans that gave up on the team and left that game early. It's a complete myth that Buffalo has great fans; even with our Super Bowl teams we had low season ticket sales and trouble filling seats. That's the reality.

Well we did have an 80K+ capacity then and any game then would sellout in today's stadiums.

Anyways. Its well documented that in Buffalo there is a working class element to the crowd/college atmosphere that is lacking in most NFL venues.

I dont think we have the best fans or anything, but the atmosphere in RWS is up there among the best when the game means something. A home playoff game at this point would be crazy IMO.

edit: Green Bay seems like the only crowd to really come across on TV so far

Edited by May Day 10

were you ther or did you listen in the radio?

I beg to differ...Indy fans in the second half yesterday were very loud! What do you expect when a team is killing you in the first half? And how about yesterdays borefest, 7-6 at half and then Saints taking the lead for most of the 2nd half. What are fans supposed to do? Cartwheels. And today, Cincy was terrible for the whole game!

Well said. Love the myth of the great Buffalo fan base. I was at the

Sat home playoff game, a blackout against Jax, the place was a morgue.

The crowd can will a team to win??

If you say so. Smallest market, one of the largest stadiums (11th), sell out most games even though we've been terrible for over a decade. Yeah. We suck as fans.

Well, second smallest market. But your point is well taken.

People are voting with their wallets. NFL is in for a wake-up call. People dont go to games like they used to. The NFL is under attack from players, lawyers, referees and now the fans. No way in hell am I gonna blow a whole day, 300 bucks, traffic jams and a rip-off parking fee from a local to go to a game. The product simply isnt worth it anymore. In any city.

The crowd can will a team to win??

Well, second smallest market. But your point is well taken.

:) I deserve that after nitpicking words with you earlier in another thread.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

My point exactly. Multiple playoff games blacked out. Lousy season ticket sales for a team that went to the Super Bowl. And so many fans who did not want them to go to the 3rd or 4th Super Bowl because they did not want to lose another one. Yea - great fans indeed

ok then! are you available to come to a party to liven up the crowd?you seem like a fun positve person.. Edited by dwight in philly

I'm pretty sure we hold the single-season attendance record in the NFL (set in 1991). I think I just read that somewhere. I'm not sure where the "trouble filling seats" comes from. Attendance was always fantastic during the Super Bowl years and we had one of the biggest stadiums in the league.