crowds..

Sorry about the quotations. Wrong word grouping marks.

And yes. It sounds like the exact same thing.

" It sounds like the exact same thing". These post are written, not spoken. So I can't fathom how a post "sounds". The written words were pretty clear, and the words state that the notion that the Bills fans are great is a myth, is not remotely the same as "Bills fans suck". How does that sound?

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You mean like the crowds we had in the playoff years of the 1990s. Like the great Houston come back game ? The playoff game that was blacked out in Buffalo because the great Buffalo fans could not sell out the game. Like the multitude of great Buffalo fans that gave up on the team and left that game early. It's a complete myth that Buffalo has great fans; even with our Super Bowl teams we had low season ticket sales and trouble filling seats. That's the reality.

Bitter much?

This topic is giving me severe headaches.

The "Buffalos fans aren't as good as we all think" and the "Were the best fans ever" can all agree on one thing and it can't be argued. The fact that the Bills do a pretty good job of selling out games even to this point and that's without making the playoffs for 14 years. With the size of the market, the miserable weather in December, and our lack of putting a decent product in the field is not arguable. Yet we continue to sell out all but maybe 2 games a year. Not to mention that the crowd even though it's not completely full, is always much more lively than other cities teams that pack their houses.

There's no proof to say were the best fans, and there's no proof to say were the worst either. Honestly, who the F%#K cares? Do you enjoy the team? Do yiu watch the games? Do you go to games? If you answered no to anymore than 1 of those, you most likely shouldn't be wasting your time in this topic or on this site. Just enjoy your day wherever you live.

" It sounds like the exact same thing". These post are written, not spoken. So I can't fathom how a post "sounds". The written words were pretty clear, and the words state that the notion that the Bills fans are great is a myth, is not remotely the same as "Bills fans suck". How does that sound?

Like you're really emotionally invested in an opinion you're wrong on. Have a good night.

This topic is giving me severe headaches.

The "Buffalos fans aren't as good as we all think" and the "Were the best fans ever" can all agree on one thing and it can't be argued. The fact that the Bills do a pretty good job of selling out games even to this point and that's without making the playoffs for 14 years. With the size of the market, the miserable weather in December, and our lack of putting a decent product in the field is not arguable. Yet we continue to sell out all but maybe 2 games a year. Not to mention that the crowd even though it's not completely full, is always much more lively than other cities teams that pack their houses.

There's no proof to say were the best fans, and there's no proof to say were the worst either. Honestly, who the F%#K cares? Do you enjoy the team? Do yiu watch the games? Do you go to games? If you answered no to anymore than 1 of those, you most likely shouldn't be wasting your time in this topic or on this site. Just enjoy your day wherever you live.

i think you should pick the topics.. i put this out to see how people felt about the weekend and the crowds as seen on t v.. why not get a life "rags"? the point of this site is to talk about , i would think, FOOTBALL.. Take your miserable outlook elsewhere. Edited by dwight in philly

i think you should pick the topics.. i put this out to see how people felt about the weekend and the crowds as seen on t v.. why not get a life there?? the point of this site is to talk about , i would think, FOOTBALL.. Take your miserable outlook elsewhere.

Dude... I think you misunderstood mrags' take on the topic. Like totally misunderstood him..

i think you should pick the topics.. i put this out to see how people felt about the weekend and the crowds as seen on t v.. why not get a life "rags"? the point of this site is to talk about , i would think, FOOTBALL.. Take your miserable outlook elsewhere.

Wow Dwight. I think you misconstrued.

Mrags is a longtime season ticket holder, he sits down near the field, and he makes tons of noise. He's as dyed-in-wool Bills fan as you'll meet.

But in his post he actually cuts slack to those fans who are less enthusiastic than he is and says the debate is a moot point, just enjoy the team.

I don't know where you're getting a miserable attitude from.

Thanks Dave and SJBF. I was actually trying as politely and quietly as possible to put my snark remarks at some of the posters in this topic that think we don't have great fans. I've been given warning points and banned so many times I've got to secretly argue with people.

I was agreeing with you Philly, FWIW. Enjoy your night and have a beer.

Wow Dwight. I think you misconstrued.

Mrags is a longtime season ticket holder, he sits down near the field, and he makes tons of noise. He's as dyed-in-wool Bills fan as you'll meet.

But in his post he actually cuts slack to those fans who are less enthusiastic than he is and says the debate is a moot point, just enjoy the team.

I don't know where you're getting a miserable attitude from.

my point was i just think the bills crowd is special, cant figure out why people would find fault .. or try to dispute that .. why disparage the fans to make a caustic point.. its really tedious on here .. lots just want to jump all over people's a$$ for anything that does not fit their niche'.. i can see why people jump ship on here.. between the accuracy police and the "comedians" it becomes a chore on here. btw, i got two warning point mrags , dont know why, but i will have that beer! Edited by dwight in philly

my point was i just think the bills crowd is special, cant figure out why people would find fault .. or try to dispute that .. why disparage the fans to make a caustic point.. its really tedious on here .. lots just want to jump all over people's a$$ for anything that does not fit their niche'.. i can see why people jump ship on here.. between the accuracy police and the "comedians" it becomes a chore on here. btw, i got two warning point mrags , dont know why, but i will have that beer!

Hey dude....we all go through that here. This is the nature of internet forums. It is much harder to get your point across properly in writing than it would be if you talked face to face with somebody. It is easy to misunderstand what someone is trying to say and it is easy to be misunderstood yourself.

I hate when that happens too. Sometimes I see people type things on here that make me want to slap them. And then I realize that I probably have typed things in here that make people want to slap me. Its all good man. It is a forum. This is how they are.

So I think I will join you in having a beer too. But I'm having a shot of Krupnik to go with it.

Hey dude....we all go through that here. This is the nature of internet forums. It is much harder to get your point across properly in writing than it would be if you talked face to face with somebody. It is easy to misunderstand what someone is trying to say and it is easy to be misunderstood yourself.

I hate when that happens too. Sometimes I see people type things on here that make me want to slap them. And then I realize that I probably have typed things in here that make people want to slap me. Its all good man. It is a forum. This is how they are.

So I think I will join you in having a beer too. But I'm having a shot of Krupnik to go with it.

:thumbsup:

As I said Philly. I agreed with you completely. I haven't been to even half of the NFL venues out there but I can say out of the games that I've been to, no where is even remotely close to The Ralph. I haven't disparaged the fans in any way. I was simply trying to argue with the crowd that was saying "were nothing special". Honestly, most of them haven't even been to Bills games in over 20 years and can't even remember. The information that they claim to base their arguments on is skewed. I've been to every single home game (with the exception of 1) since 2006 and I can say without a doubt I've seen some of the best crowds ever at the Ralph. In the last 5-6 years alone, I've witnessed some amazing games and axing crowds. People like Vegas, who most likely hasn't been to any of these games (assuming because he lives in Vegas) would have no idea how crazy the crowd was against Dallas, or the Pats comeback, or the Raiders come back the week before. Or the Raiders game the year before that. The Jets game this year. The Let it Snow game against Miami. The Indianapolis game played in so much snow you couldn't see past midfield. The Chargers power outage game. The Broncos game where we destroyed Tebow.

Some people have no idea. Some will never get it. You can't base these arguments from looking up on wiki what the attendance numbers were. Not can they base an argument based off how the crowds sound on TV. Your either there, or your not. The ones that are there really know what the deal is. The ones that aren't, well.... They can just keep thinking and believing what they want.

I was under the belief that my original post would quietly explain some of that without having to go through everything word for word.

Just try not jumping all over people before you think about what your doing. As I said, I was on your side from the start.

I can say out of the games that I've been to, no where is even remotely close to The Ralph. I haven't disparaged the fans in any way. I was simply trying to argue with the crowd that was saying "were nothing special". Honestly, most of them haven't even been to Bills games in over 20 years and can't even remember. The information that they claim to base their arguments on is skewed. I've been to every single home game (with the exception of 1) since 2006 and I can say without a doubt I've seen some of the best crowds ever at the Ralph. In the last 5-6 years alone, I've witnessed some amazing games and axing crowds. People like Vegas, who most likely hasn't been to any of these games (assuming because he lives in Vegas) would have no idea how crazy the crowd was against Dallas, or the Pats comeback, or the Raiders come back the week before. Or the Raiders game the year before that. The Jets game this year. The Let it Snow game against Miami. The Indianapolis game played in so much snow you couldn't see past midfield. The Chargers power outage game. The Broncos game where we destroyed Tebow.

Thanks for bringing up those great game memories.

I took a good friend of mine to that Patriots game where we beat them. It was his first Bills game ever. He was like "Holy Chit Dude!" He could not believe how a crowd could go so ape nuts. I laugh thinking about that. What a first game experience huh? The guy was in complete awe of how awesome a game experience can be in the Ralph. There really is nothing like it.

A lot of people who live in Western NY and have never attended a game will say that they have better seats at home and don't want to deal with the hassles of going to a game. But if some of those people went to a game like the ones you mentioned as their first game experience, a high percentage of those people would instantly fall in love with the live game experience. It is truly remarkable. And for the life of me I can't understand why other teams in other stadiums don't extract as much fun out of the games and go as ape nuts as Bills fans do. I think they are missing out on a truly wonderful part of life.

As I said Philly. I agreed with you completely. I haven't been to even half of the NFL venues out there but I can say out of the games that I've been to, no where is even remotely close to The Ralph. I haven't disparaged the fans in any way. I was simply trying to argue with the crowd that was saying "were nothing special". Honestly, most of them haven't even been to Bills games in over 20 years and can't even remember. The information that they claim to base their arguments on is skewed. I've been to every single home game (with the exception of 1) since 2006 and I can say without a doubt I've seen some of the best crowds ever at the Ralph. In the last 5-6 years alone, I've witnessed some amazing games and axing crowds. People like Vegas, who most likely hasn't been to any of these games (assuming because he lives in Vegas) would have no idea how crazy the crowd was against Dallas, or the Pats comeback, or the Raiders come back the week before. Or the Raiders game the year before that. The Jets game this year. The Let it Snow game against Miami. The Indianapolis game played in so much snow you couldn't see past midfield. The Chargers power outage game. The Broncos game where we destroyed Tebow.

Some people have no idea. Some will never get it. You can't base these arguments from looking up on wiki what the attendance numbers were. Not can they base an argument based off how the crowds sound on TV. Your either there, or your not. The ones that are there really know what the deal is. The ones that aren't, well.... They can just keep thinking and believing what they want.

I was under the belief that my original post would quietly explain some of that without having to go through everything word for word.

Just try not jumping all over people before you think about what your doing. As I said, I was on your side from the start.

ok.. fair enough, im probably guilty (more than anyone) of getting a red a$$ on here , i do get your point and agree completely! i do apologize, guess im a bit frustrated and jealous of watching the playoffs year after year and wondering "what if" .. how would the ralph be? .. anyway both home teams lost today.. so maybe its different now, seeing we havent seen the playoffs as im sure you are obviously aware.. has football changed that much since 1999? maybe home field isnt what it used to be.. ..

This perfectly sums up the whole argument. I took a friend (a Miami fan, sorry) to a preseason game this year. He had never seen an NFL game in person before. I sit in a jumbotron corner of the 200s. Not the best seats. He told me last week that he was thinking about buying season tickets next year. A MIAMI FAN. All from a preseason game. I don't care how awesome your home theater is, there is nothing that compares with putting your cheeks on the bleachers.

maybe home field isnt what it used to be.. ..

Those teams that won today were just better than the home teams.