Would the Bills trade up to get Watkins?

kelvin benjamin reminds me more of aj green. green ran a 4.5 at the combine...benjamin is projected about the same. He has the sames ups that green has as well. evans seems a little slower but again has that crazy vertical. watkins reminds me of desean jackson combined with torrey smith smoothness.

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

kelvin benjamin reminds me more of aj green. green ran a 4.5 at the combine...benjamin is projected about the same. He has the sames ups that green has as well. evans seems a little slower but again has that crazy vertical. watkins reminds me of desean jackson combined with torrey smith smoothness.

I was not sure what to make of Benjamin's performance on Monday night. He dropped some passes right in his hands when he had the clear size advantage over the DB. terrible. He had one great catch towrd the end and then obviously the game winning TD. He is intriguing to say the least, but maye still raw. He had a lot of drops last year and really improved to this year. Being that he is a RS Soph he might just keep getting better if he stayed but Ibet he comes out. He may not go until 2nd rd though because of this. The coverage he had all year in the ACC and then from those shrimp Auburn DBs is not going to be anything like he sees in the NFL so he should have been more dominant, IMO, to be a 1st round pick as a WR.

I was not sure what to make of Benjamin's performance on Monday night. He dropped some passes right in his hands when he had the clear size advantage over the DB. terrible. He had one great catch towrd the end and then obviously the game winning TD. He is intriguing to say the least, but maye still raw. He had a lot of drops last year and really improved to this year. Being that he is a RS Soph he might just keep getting better if he stayed but Ibet he comes out. He may not go until 2nd rd though because of this. The coverage he had all year in the ACC and then from those shrimp Auburn DBs is not going to be anything like he sees in the NFL so he should have been more dominant, IMO, to be a 1st round pick as a WR.

Read an article just now that Benjamin is leaning towards coming out...

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the two big WR's, Benjamin and Mike Evans...From everything I can gather Evans is clearly the favored prospect of the two...at least at this point of the evaluation process...I like both of them for the Bills need at WR...But with Benjamin there may be the opportunity to trade down a few spots and still land him...Right now Evans looks to be ranked in the 10-15 area, while Benjamin is a late 1st-early 2nd...Of course a lot can change over the next few months...But I'm loving the fact that the Bills may have a chance to get a big, match-up nightmare receiver in the 1st round... B-)

@caplannfl

Some draft notes: 1 exec said that only potential issue for WR Sammy Watkins is height. Some may have issue for #1 WR being less than 6-1.

I can see a team like Cleveland taking him. Already have Gordon who is 6'4". Can you imagine having both of these guys? Would make even the browns QBs look good.

I can see a team like Cleveland taking him. Already have Gordon who is 6'4". Can you imagine having both of these guys? Would make even the browns QBs look good.

They could certainly do something like that and then take their QB with the Colts pick. They may be able to do something like Watkins and Carr. They already have a good defense. If they did that AND the QB that they get can play they will be tough.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

With all the QBs likely to go in the first eight picks (four or five, by my count), Watkins, Evans, or Lee (or possibly all of the above), not to mention Ebron, will fall to the Bills at 9. Watkins would be my first choice, but I don't see how they could go wrong picking any of them. I will be very surprised if the Bills go defense here and it seems even less likely that they will pick a QB or O lineman in this slot. Bills might be willing to move down, but I don't see many teams wanting to move up since top QB prospects will already be off the board.

Edited by mannc

With all the QBs likely to go in the first eight picks (four or five, by my count) Watkins, Evans, or Lee (or possibly all of the above), not to mention Ebron, will the Bills at 9. Watkins would be my first choice, but I don't see how they could go wrong picking any of them. I will be very surprised if the Bills go defense here and it seems even less likely that they will pick a QB or O lineman in this slot. Bills might be willing to move down, but I don't see many teams wanting to move up since top QB prospects will already be off the board.

I also think they will go WR. That would be high for a TE but will depend on the combine. If not, I think they will trade down if they can.

Someone is gonna give up a lot for Rams pick. Would be shocked if Cleveland doesn't take QB with 1st pick. Surprised people are discounting an offensive lineman with our 1st pick. Could see our 1st round pick coming down to Watkins or Robinson from Auburn.

Robinson looked awesome in the title game!

Read an article just now that Benjamin is leaning towards coming out...

It's going to be interesting to see what happens with the two big WR's, Benjamin and Mike Evans...From everything I can gather Evans is clearly the favored prospect of the two...at least at this point of the evaluation process...I like both of them for the Bills need at WR...But with Benjamin there may be the opportunity to trade down a few spots and still land him...Right now Evans looks to be ranked in the 10-15 area, while Benjamin is a late 1st-early 2nd...Of course a lot can change over the next few months...But I'm loving the fact that the Bills may have a chance to get a big, match-up nightmare receiver in the 1st round... B-)

He caught the winning pass in the BCS title game. So its going to be hard to top that in 2014.

The positive is Winston will be there so unless Benjamin gets injured he likely will only improve his draft stock. Being the Big Man (literally) on campus at Florida State for a whole year when your only concern is, take easy courses that you stay academically eligible and don't get into serious trouble is a once in a lifetime opportunity that cannot be replaced. The money will be there for him.

But they always say if you have a first round grade and are draft eligible then declare. However this may be a special case. He is 24 by the 2014 draft so he may not want his age to then become a negative in the 2015 draft.

If he comes out it would be great for the Bills.

Sammy Watkins is putting on a WR clinic tonight against a solid Ohio State secondary. There's no way he makes it to #9.

I'd love to see him on the Bills, he's a true #1 WR and would be incredible opposite Woods. Think there's any chance the Bills would go and get him?

Hell, send Byrd to the Rams for their #2!

No. the Bills will never trade up. ever.

unless its a corner . then they might .

But seriously , I would Be VERY pleased to have Watkins on the team.

no trades up this year . trade down

I agree, with the Rams as the likely dance partner to get ahead of the Jags.

I read somewhere the Raiders have some interest EDIT maybe it was the Browns

I also think they will go WR. That would be high for a TE but will depend on the combine. If not, I think they will trade down if they can.

this sounds about right to me . Chandler contract might be a tipping point . But an Ebron or the other guy would be mighty sweet for Manuel Edited by 3rdand12

I don't think the Bills should consider moving up - where they're at in the draft will ENSURE they'll get their shot at either: Barr / Mack, Evans / Watkins, or Lewan / Mathews, not to mention possibly Manziel / Bortles, and certainly Ebron / Seferian-Jenkins. Instead of sacrificing picks, they sit to be able to get a tackle, WR, OLB, or TE that will definitely boost their overall competitiveness. I'd target a QB in RD 2 - someone like Boyd - and then spend the rest of the draft solidifying the LB corps and O-line. My point - the Bills are in a great spot at 9.