Would the Bills trade up to get Watkins?

Some of you think because the Bills missed on Hardy that they shouldn't draft another big receiver. Watkins may be better than Evans, but he wouldn't be better for the Bills given their less than accurate QB. It's not like they have Luck. If they did, then I could see picking Watkins. But they don't.

I don't even think they should pick any WR 1st, I'd rather get a LB. But if they do, it should be a big WR or top TE, something they don't currently have.

So they should take a worse WR because they have a bad QB? How about taking the best talent at positions of need?

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Some of you think because the Bills missed on Hardy that they shouldn't draft another big receiver. Watkins may be better than Evans, but he wouldn't be better for the Bills given their less than accurate QB. It's not like they have Luck. If they did, then I could see picking Watkins. But they don't.

I don't even think they should pick any WR 1st, I'd rather get a LB. But if they do, it should be a big WR or top TE, something they don't currently have.

I agree with that thought process. I just wanted to put out that Manuel was more accurate than Luck was as a rookie.

I agree with that thought process. I just wanted to put out that Manuel was more accurate than Luck was as a rookie.

That's great - if EJ can throw for 8000 yards and lead his team to the playoffs in Year Two, I'm sure we'll all be psyched. Or is that where the comparisons stop?

That's great - if EJ can throw for 8000 yards and lead his team to the playoffs in Year Two, I'm sure we'll all be psyched. Or is that where the comparisons stop?

Pretty much. Given that EJ has only played 10 NFL games, however, how can you be so vehemently sure that he won't lead the Bills to the playoffs in year 2?

You have a crystal ball?

So, lets get EJ a big target because he can't hit small targets? An interesting theory. But what if EJ's accuracy improves as does most every QB in his 2nd and 3rd year, and Watkins turns out to be so much better than that tall smuck that Johnny Football made famous. Could happen. 2nd and 3rd year improvements by players is something a lot of fans fail to anticipate and having Watkins, Marquise Goodwin, and T.J. Graham lose in an opponant's secondary is a delightful thought. Speed does kill. We can always draft a basket ball center in the 7th.

Still, I want those O-line holes filled.

As per bleacher report, Hundley to return to UCLA. One less possible QB that could have been drafted ahead of the 9 slot.

So, lets get EJ a big target because he can't hit small targets? An interesting theory. But what if EJ's accuracy improves as does most every QB in his 2nd and 3rd year, and Watkins turns out to be so much better than that tall smuck that Johnny Football made famous. Could happen. 2nd and 3rd year improvements by players is something a lot of fans fail to anticipate and having Watkins, Marquise Goodwin, and T.J. Graham lose in an opponant's secondary is a delightful thought. Speed does kill. We can always draft a basket ball center in the 7th.

Still, I want those O-line holes filled.

The accuracy improvement is also an interesting theory. One of the knocks on Ryan Tannehill as a rookie was his accuracy, and his numbers did go up slightly in his second year, but those improved numbers were behind, for example, Ryan Fitzpatrick this year.

My search found an article that may be interesting or not.

http://www.sportsonearth.com/article/64557588/

That's a very interesting article.

Thanks for posting.

In fairness to Talleywhacker, his offensive line was horrible and his receivers were average at best.

The amazing thing about Andrew Luck is that he has transcended the marginal talent around him.

Kapernick and Russell Wilson are very lucky to have landed on talent-stacked teams.

Luck had no such luck. It was amazing to see him initially hurt by the loss of Reggie Wayne and then work through that to develop a rapport with Brazill and Rogers.

Luck appears to be one of those very rare QBs who truly makes those around him better.

Back on topic, Watkins is one of several players I'd love at #9.

The accuracy improvement is also an interesting theory. One of the knocks on Ryan Tannehill as a rookie was his accuracy, and his numbers did go up slightly in his second year, but those improved numbers were behind, for example, Ryan Fitzpatrick this year.

That is a really good article. I'm going to read that guy more often.

Pretty great article. Especially "Mike Glennon stares down Vincent Jackson like he's Sofia Vergara in a cocktail dress"

Seems to think EJ can be "it" if he gets that accuracy up a little.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

http://www.sportsone...ticle/64557588/

Great article - deserves its own thread or to be attached to an EJ thread since it is buried in a Watkins thread. I am going to paste in one of 457 existing EJ threads, lol.

Great article - deserves its own thread or to be attached to an EJ thread since it is buried in a Watkins thread. I am going to paste in one of 457 existing EJ threads, lol.

No start another one. We need another EJ thread. Nobody has voiced a recent opinion about him yet. Maybe fans changed their minds since yesterday.

Extremely impressed by Watkins last night. If Austin from WVU went #8 last year, we'd be lucky to get Watkins at #9, who seems like a much bigger and polished version of Austin. I'd be all for Watkins at #9, best TE available in 2nd, then move back up into the 2nd to get best available QB like Boyd.

Simulated this for you. It works except for the moving back up part.

1 9 Buffalo Sammy Watkins WRF Clemson

2 41 Buffalo Eric Ebron TE North Carolina

3 73 Buffalo Anthony Steen OG A.J. McCarron QB or Seantrel Henderson ROT Miami

4 105 Buffalo Lache Seastrunk RBF Baylor or Jimmy Garoppolo QB Eastern Illinois

5 137 Buffalo Zach Mettenberger QB LSU or Karlos Williams RBF Florida State