Tajh Boyd

Estro

I was ALL-IN on Tajh as an NFL prospect coming out of last year. I was actually a bit surprised he didn't enter the 2013 draft. After another season, I have to admit, I have some more reservations about his game and how it'll translate in the NFL, but I'm still a believer. He'll have a lot of work as far as recognizing defenses and making better reads, much like EJ Manuel, but I think he's a much better pure passing QB than EJ. When you watch EJ it seems like you are watching a very manufactured passer, with an odd passing stroke and accuracy all over the place. Tajh Boyd, on the otherhand has a very tight compact throwing motion, and a great looking stroke. Very good accuracy, and a beautiful deep ball, that is usually right on the money. Sammy Watkins is a good receiver, and he owes a lot of his success to the beautiful deep ball that Boyd throws. It now appears Boyd will be available in the late 1st-2nd round area and I'd love for the Bills to grab him. I know they won't, but just wait and see, this kid will be a good NFL QB, and I have a bad feeling it'll be with the Jets. He's on tonight, and I look forward to watching his last college game, hopefully his next is in a Bill uniform.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Id rather see them get Aaron Murray in the 3rd or later depending on how far he falls. Murray will translate best to the NFL IMO. We dont need him to play next year, just let him build his strength in the knee and learn the system.

I like Boyd, but I'd race to the podium to take Murray with the ninth pick in the 3rd round.

A little concerning he could never beat South Carolina

He beat them this year. Shredded them too.

In 2012, there wasn't a single NCAA QB that would have been able to overcome the combination of Georgia's pisspoor play and South Carolina's defense playing LIGHTS OUT. In 2011, he played well too. His defense was brutal (45-42 loss) and let Lattimore do whatever he wanted for the second year in a row.

I was always a big Murray critic but he never choked in a SC/UGA game. the rest of the team was always the let down. I would love him in the 3rd.

Id rather see them get Aaron Murray in the 3rd or later depending on how far he falls. Murray will translate best to the NFL IMO. We dont need him to play next year, just let him build his strength in the knee and learn the system.

Murray or Mettenberg i think and maybe McCarron.

Boyd just is lacking something i think. Murray looked really good at times while playing with a bunch of different receivers due to injuries.

I have never had a lot of love for Murray and i am a Dawg fan. Murray is worth a 3rd rounder.

This discussion reminds me of last year.

Everyone has their favorites every year.

Last year there were lots of people who liked each of the following QBs (in no particular order): Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Nassib, Barkley, Glennon, Zac Dyert, Landry Jones, Matt Scott, etc.

Without really knowing, I sense that a lot of the names being bandied about right now will not have significant careers in the NFL.

I liked Tajh Boyd last year and I was intrigued by Matt Scott.

EJ was my top QB last year though.

Last year there were lots of people who liked each of the following QBs (in no particular order): Tyler Wilson, Tyler Bray, Nassib, Barkley, Glennon, Zac Dyert, Landry Jones, Matt Scott, etc.

Without really knowing, I sense that a lot of the names being bandied about right now will not have significant careers in the NFL.

The only ones that I think go early are Bridgewater and Manziel, Bortles and Hundley (if they come out). I think guys like Derek Carr are the kinds of guys that slip.

I liked Tajh Boyd last year and I was intrigued by Matt Scott.

EJ was my top QB last year though.

Very true. It's easy to talk these guys up when there is little else to talk about.

That said, I've been following Boyd and Murray for awhile and I would be happy to see either in a Bills uniform so long as they aren't 1st round picks for us.

Honestly not a fan of Murray. He doesn't exude leadership, in my opinion. Georgia seems to lose a lot of big games. I like Boyd. As for McCarron, any QB who is sacked 10 times all year can look good. We all saw how he handled being under pressure last night. Not a fan.

Honestly not a fan of Murray. He doesn't exude leadership, in my opinion. Georgia seems to lose a lot of big games. I like Boyd. As for McCarron, any QB who is sacked 10 times all year can look good. We all saw how he handled being under pressure last night. Not a fan.

I don't mean I be a naysayer but I have seen a ton of Murray living in SEC country and think the exact opposite. I am not sure that he has all of the tools but I love the way that he plays in big games. He has guts.