Sports radio arrogance in NE

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just like they did before Queen Brady. Lived in NH from 85 to 10. You could not find a Pats* fan prior to Brady's arrival. We used to get tickets at Sullivan on game day when the Bills played. The bandwagon fans will be GONE when their fortunes turn.

Edited by Rivermont Mike

I say it to all my pats friends here in Boston. All they do is talk about quarterbacks because if the clear advantage they have. They are all up in arms about things like flaccos contract, mannings superbowls just because their guy plays better than flacco for less and has more than manning

As you said, they will all be gone once 12 retires.. I'm not sure what they'll talk about on game days

No doubt Brady will be well protected by the Referees as usual. So stand by for a few 15 yard "Roughing the Passer"penalties. But if we are going to get flagged we might as well Rough the Passer good and proper so that Brady remembers it for next year. Hit him hard and often boys.

The "something to play for" motivation is overstated.

Professionals in all sports play for money. There are very few players in the NFL that can afford to show themselves on film not playing hard.

If you look around the league teams like Atlanta, Washington, Tampa Bay, and Jacksonville are all still "playing hard."

The Bills will not be lacking motivation on Sunday.

The real arrogance will be on the field. Brady will be passing late into the 4th quarter with a 20 point lead. Belicheck likes to play with fire and one of these times he's going to get burned. It would be a shame if Brady were to get injured and miss the postseason... :)

No doubt Brady will be well protected by the Referees as usual. So stand by for a few 15 yard "Roughing the Passer"penalties. But if we are going to get flagged we might as well Rough the Passer good and proper so that Brady remembers it for next year. Hit him hard and often boys.

Don't forget a couple BS PI calls, too. Can't have Nickell show up Marcia and 'Cheat.

I hate the favoritism that Tom Brady gets from the referees as much as the next guy. He appears to get the calls every time he's even so much as touched and defenders seem to have to stay 5 feet off his receivers or risk pass interference calls. That said, whether you want to call it arrogance or ignorance doesn't really matter. Take me back to the Jim Kelly era Bills and I would tell you that they were going to win every road game and every home game before it started AND it wasn't going to even be close. Winning brings this to a teams fans and media. I'll root for the Bills of course, but not going to expect them to win at that stadium. Hasn't happened in 14 years.

if our D gets to Brady early and often, Belichick may decide to run Mallett out there - even if it's a close game. better to lose home field throughout, than your offense.

If home field is on the line, there is no chance BB pulls Brady. He doesn't do that.

Worth every flag, after a while the hits will take there toll.

Brady has amongst the fewest roughing the passer calls per drop back in the league. Fitz had more..

View PostDragonborn10, on 24 December 2013 - 10:50 AM, said:

The game will be over by half time. They will blow us out. I'm just hoping no one gets hurt.

And agree - the Patriots are Brady. He is the greatest QB of all time and the Bills had to play him twice a year for over a decade. In two years both Brad and Bill will be gone.

what is the basis for your opinion?

Tom Brady 21-2 against the Bills. Enough said

I consider the Patsies the "teacher's pet" of the NFL. They can do no wrong in the NFL's eyes. Even if they get caught cheating, they just get a slap on the wrist. Any other "bully" that tries to pick on them on the playground gets penalized.

Brady has amongst the fewest roughing the passer calls per drop back in the league. Fitz had more..

Because defenders are worried about the consequences.

NE sports people arrogant? say it aint so.

We'll see how they act once Queen Brady is gone.

let's pray though don't somehow pull off a Green Bay or Indy and replace the legend with another one. That would suck. I want 10/15 years of struggle during the post Brady years.

If Belichick is smart, and unfortunately he usually is, he won't even let Brady see the field on Sunday, and if he does it'll be to hand off a lot...which, not to put too fine a point on it or anything, has worked pretty well against our D this year.

This. The Pats tend to beat the Bills on the ground, not with Brady throwing the ball. "43's the Mike" was the buzzword last year, and then they ran right up the middle for five to seven yards on every play. This year it will be the same thing but with a different number.