Do the Pats's care about next week?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This seems definitive: http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24385378/afc-scenarios-for-week-17

NEW ENGLAND PATRIOTS

New England can clinch a first-round bye with:

1) NE win or tie

2) CIN loss or tie + IND loss or tie

New England can clinch home-field advantage throughout the AFC playoffs with:

1) NE win + DEN loss

A win and they are 1 of the top 2 seeds, get a bye.

kj

Wonder how they hold up against Cinci and Indy in tie breakers specifically because if Indy and Cinci both win and NE loses, they all have the same record, and they would have all won their division. So the question would be, if That happens, could NE lose all home playoff games against Den, Indy, and Cinci? That would be a tough road schedule for them.

Wonder how they hold up against Cinci and Indy in tie breakers specifically because if Indy and Cinci both win and NE loses, they all have the same record, and they would have all won their division. So the question would be, if That happens, could NE lose all home playoff games against Den, Indy, and Cinci? That would be a tough road schedule for them.

They lose the tie-breaker to both Indy (Divisional record) and Cinci (head-to-head)

They lose the tie-breaker to both Indy (Divisional record) and Cinci (head-to-head)

well, that sucks. Thanks for doing that math. I wasn't going to go far enough to figure it out.

Would still be nice to screw them out of a bye and home field in Denver.

well, that sucks. Thanks for doing that math. I wasn't going to go far enough to figure it out.

Would still be nice to screw them out of a bye and home field in Denver.

I'm confused...if NE loses and the others all win, NE finished 4th overall, and would have to travel to play any of Indy, Cinci, or Denver...why does that suck?

I'm confused...if NE loses and the others all win, NE finished 4th overall, and would have to travel to play any of Indy, Cinci, or Denver...why does that suck?

oh. I read it wrong. I thought you were saying that NE has the tiebreakers over Indy and Cinci. That's awesome then. Couldn't be any better than beating up Marsha next week and eliminating them from having almost any shot at home playoff games.

I want it to mean a lot and I want the Bils to go in there and thrash them anyway! I want them to beat the **** out of Brady when the game has significant meaning.

Time to send a message.

:thumbsup: I am not confident they're there yet, but I would love to see it happen!

in a 3 way tie doesnt it go to conference record or something? i know the tie scenarios are different for 2 vs 3 but i dont recall the 3

oh. I read it wrong. I thought you were saying that NE has the tiebreakers over Indy and Cinci. That's awesome then. Couldn't be any better than beating up Marsha next week and eliminating them from having almost any shot at home playoff games.

division winners automatically get one. but from there itd be on the road unless they met the other wildcard in the AFCCG

I want it to mean a lot and I want the Bils to go in there and thrash them anyway! I want them to beat the **** out of Brady when the game has significant meaning.

Time to send a message.

I agree with you wholeheartedly. On the other hand, every time the Bills have had a chance to "send a message" in the past decade, they've fallen flat on their collective faces.

They very much do.

The question is... do the Bills care?

We'll find out. :)

I get the feeling they do. They just beat a team with everything to play for. Knocked their starting QB out of the game, and generally pushed them all over the field. So I think they will bring it. The only problem I could see is that they will be so keyed up that they get sloppy, which Brady will exploit into a blowout. So hopefully they'll play heads-up, clog Marsha's passing lanes, and squeak one out.