Breaking News per wben.com BYE

Empire Sports Network,

I knew you well. While our relationship distanced the last few years I was always looking forward to a possible rekindling of the flame.

Your last years I watched you suffer and this is for the best. For some reason I had hope that you would make a turnaround, but your downward spiral was terminal. That has been seen today.

I'll miss you old friend. RIP.

This is horrible news on many levels.

It is not only bad for us sports fans (especially those of us that live out of town) who love Empire, it is horrible on a personal level.

I know some of the people that worked there. I feel very bad for them. They did NOT deserve this.

I guess I can now cancel my sportspack package on DirectTV.  I'll miss being able to see those local Buffalo commercials. 

Looks like Howard Simon made the right decision to move to WGR before it was too late.

211528[/snapback]

Yup since you get your local sport network for free on DTV service without sports package. At first I thought no worry I have golf channel as well but I watch the golf channel very little anyways not worth the 10$ a month. Oh well good bye empire I will miss the time you had decent programming not of late of course.

It's weird in this day and age of media saturation that the typical out of town Buffalo sports fan (like myself) has seen a major decline in our ability to remain "in touch". Empire was a major lifeline on the dish when they had Fan TV, simulcasts... and at least the Empire Sports report by itself kept me in the loop. Now we can't even get sports talk radio on the internet?!? My only access to Buffalo sports is the newspaper and websites like this. kinda sucks. I want More, I NEED more!!

Empire hasn't been good in years. There is nothing left to miss. I can't even remember the last time I watched it. Rangers games on MSG are blacked out in Buffalo so that would be no problem. Instead of showing the "Best Damn Sports Show" they could just show the Sabres game. They could end up on YES as well. Or they could go back to like it was in the old days on International Cable. They would show the game on one of the message channels they have. It would come on right before the game started and would go off right after the game ended. The one thing that sucks is someone recently offered to buy Empire for $17 million and return it to the way it used to be. Adelphia turned the offer down because they saved more money by just folding it. NOW THE GOOD NEWS.................

Replacing the Empire Sports Network on Adelphia Cable Systems.................

THE NFL NETWORK. There will be a free preview on Adelphia Channel 13 starting next week from 7-10pm through the Super Bowl and then it will be on where Empire used to be full time.

Yup since you get your local sport network for free on DTV service without sports package.  At first I thought no worry I have golf channel as well but I watch the golf channel very little anyways not worth the 10$ a month.    Oh well good bye empire I will miss the time you had decent programming not of late of course.

211544[/snapback]

I cancelled by sports pkg on DTV a week ago since Empire sucked at this point anyway. I still get the Golf channel, I guess its not part of the sports pkg but the total choice pkg.

It's weird in this day and age of media saturation that the typical out of town Buffalo sports fan (like myself) has seen a major decline in our ability to remain "in touch".  Empire was a major lifeline on the dish when they had Fan TV, simulcasts... and at least the Empire Sports report by itself kept me in the loop.  Now we can't even get sports talk radio on the internet?!?  My only access to Buffalo sports is the newspaper and websites like this.  kinda sucks.  I want More, I NEED more!!

211565[/snapback]

Yeah man, it's like so 1992 or something. Welcome back to the stoneage.

WGR is reporting that Empire is going to show reruns of previous Empire show until March when they switch to the NFL network.  Why does anyone want to see reruns for the next two months.  Put the NFL network on ASAP.  If this is true...... <_< fug you Adelphia!

211727[/snapback]

By then Adelphia will be bought out by somebody. They just reopen bidding for the company. I wonder if cox or roadrunner carries the NFL network...

Empire hasn't been good in years. There is nothing left to miss. I can't even remember the last time I watched it.

How would you know if you didn't watch it? The 'ESR' & 'Empire Presents' were still good. <_<