Duck Dynasty!

Tiberius

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Leave it to the Daily Beast's Dean Obeidallah to lay out a false dilemma supposedly facing the National Collegiate Athletic Association while simultaneously resurrecting at the end of 2013 a left-wing bogeyman that is so 2012.

"The NCAA is facing a momentous decision in 2014: Will it stop partnering with Chick-fil-A—or revise its bylaws so it can support discrimination against gay Americans?" Obeidallah asked in the open of his December 27 post "The NCAA’s Big Gay Choice: Chick-fil-A or Equality?"

Later in his piece, after citing federal and state court rulings on same-sex marriage cases, Obeidallah huffed that Chick-Fil-A management had "chosen the Bible over the U.S. Constitution" on the matter of same-sex marriage.

What Obeidallah failed to do was make his case that NCAA bylines require the organization to only do business with entities which have a pro-same-sex marriage stand.

{snip}

It's abundantly clear that the Obeidallah's interest is in generating a controversy where one doesn't exist in order to shame the NCAA into dumping Chick-Fil-A, but you have to wonder if ol' Dean is living under a rock the past few weeks.

Chick-Fil-A is wildly popular in middle America, as is Duck Dynasty and the Robertson family. Obeidallah may not have been paying attention, but the A&E network and Cracker Barrel have both gone through the public-relations wringer for their respective actions related to the Robertson/GQ interview. It is patently ridiculous to think the suits at the NCAA would be itching to wage an unpopular battle with public opinion if they ditched Chick-Fil-A just because of the company president's religious views.

Here's a new year's resolution for Obeidallah: get out (of your liberal bubble) more in 2014.

Edited by B-Man

Religious views?? Ummmm...the bible says a lot of really stupid things, why these people pick on the homosexual part to cling to instead of say Divorce or adultry just shows they are using religion to excuse their hate

Robertson told GQ. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God.

Edited by Gary M

Robertson told GQ. "Don't be deceived. Neither the adulterers, the idolaters, the male prostitutes, the homosexual offenders, the greedy, the drunkards, the slanderers, the swindlers-they won't inherit the kingdom of God.

You are wasting your time Gary.

Here is real intolerance:

Wilson Cruz, national spokesperson for GLAAD, issued a brief statement Friday night in response to news that Phil Robertson would no longer be suspended from “Duck Dynasty.”

Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists. If dialogue with Phil is not part of next steps then A&E has chosen profits over African American and gay people – especially its employees and viewers.

Full of strawmen and spin...........

What Robertson had said to GQ was, “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

Religious views?? Ummmm...the bible says a lot of really stupid things, why these people pick on the homosexual part to cling to instead of say Divorce or adultry just shows they are using religion to excuse their hate

I'd be looking over my shoulder if i were you.

post-9928-0-20411900-1388250126_thumb.jpg

You are wasting your time Gary.

Here is real intolerance:

Full of strawmen and spin...........

What Robertson had said to GQ was, “We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?”

which is fine by me because as an athiest libertarian who supports all people I support redneck bigots, too.

ha. There is no God. I give his nonexistent fairytale butt 24 hours to prove me wrong. Strike me down. Kill me

And when he can't. I will announce myself as God.

‘Duck Dynasty’ Reversal Shows GLAAD Has an Expiration Date

A few years ago, I couldn’t imagine a network disregarding GLAAD’s recommendations

FTA:

If our goal is to progress beyond defamation against LGBT persons, then that means GLAAD has a sell-by date. To put it in a different, albeit cheekier way: Defamation is good for GLAAD’s business. To bankrupt our society of LGBT defamation would certainly put GLAAD out of work. It’s hard for me to imagine I’m the only one who’s wondered about this. In fact, GLAAD’s recent name-change only confirms that their leadership has been reexamining and revising their purposes moving forward. Again, I’m not suggesting our world doesn’t need GLAAD: There certainly is a place for them. But A&E’s latest reversal should make us question what exactly that place is.

There’s a famous quote (most likely apocryphal) often attributed to Mother Teresa that I think applies to both the Duck Dynasty/GLAAD fiasco and the greater political context which frames it. After declining an invitation to an anti-war rally, she is said to have explained, “If you have a pro-peace rally, invite me.” Whatever the true origin of the quote, the idea is that rallying against war is pointless, but doing the difficult work of promoting peace is a better way to effect lasting and seismic changes.

In the same way, speaking out against defamation is a noble thing to do. But gracing our conversation and behavior with the compassion that is sometimes lacking from our loudest political battles – that is more than noble. It’s kind.

Lol, ok, sure. Bible is full of moronic crap. And if greed is a sin, isn't that an indictment of the rich? Does the duck dude hate rich people?

Didn't A&E run a duck marathon the other night? Some censorship!

I bet your white power website was all over that

Lol, ok, sure. Bible is full of moronic crap. And if greed is a sin, isn't that an indictment of the rich? Does the duck dude hate rich people?

Didn't A&E run a duck marathon the other night? Some censorship!

I bet your white power website was all over that

Keep it up.

Lol, ok, sure. Bible is full of moronic crap. And if greed is a sin, isn't that an indictment of the rich?

No. "Wealth" and "avarice" are clearly distinguishable concepts to anyone possessed of a pulse.

Does the duck dude hate rich people?

Who gives a flying !@#$?

GLAAD tolerance bullies slammed for campaign of lies against ‘Duck Dynasty’ star

487bfe317e48af63eef7df11107c6f47_normal.pngLarry Elder @larryelder Follow

GLAAD lost because it falsely accused Robertson of "praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists." Did GLAAD read same GQ?

9:26 AM - 28 Dec 2013

The radical thugs at GLAAD read the same GQ interview you did, Mr. Elder. But honesty won’t cut it when the goal is to demonize people of faith like “Duck Dynasty” star Phil Robertson.

As Twitchy reported, GLAAD released a statement condemning A&E for lifting Robertson’s suspension. Here’s what the GLAAD bullies told their loyal silencing mob about Robertson “praising Jim Crow laws”:

Phil Robertson should look African American and gay people in the eyes and hear about the hurtful impact of praising Jim Crow laws and comparing gay people to terrorists.

Which, of course, is a load of crap.

0c386ef4bf46cd3591c788b54615b6cb_normal.jpegLee Stranahan @Stranahan Follow

Can someone on the left show me where Phil Robertson praised Jim Crow laws, as GLAAD states he did? And by "states" I mean "lies."

11:11 PM - 27 Dec 2013

This is what Robertson told GQ about his personal experience growing up alongside black people in Louisiana.

I never, with my eyes, saw the mistreatment of any black person. Not once. Where we lived was all farmers. The blacks worked for the farmers. I hoed cotton with them. I’m with the blacks, because we’re white trash. We’re going across the field…. They’re singing and happy. I never heard one of them, one black person, say, ‘I tell you what: These doggone white people’—not a word!… Pre-entitlement, pre-welfare, you say: Were they happy? They were godly; they were happy; no one was singing the blues.

And here’s Robertson on leaving the judgment of sin to God:

We never, ever judge someone on who’s going to heaven, hell. That’s the Almighty’s job. We just love ’em, give ’em the good news about Jesus—whether they’re homosexuals, drunks, terrorists. We let God sort ’em out later, you see what I’m saying?

And “comparing gay people to terrorists”? Oh, that’s rich coming from leftists. Where was the tolerance mob every time a lefty celeb or politician actually called Tea Party supporters “terrorists” or “T-hadists”?