Stevie Johnson's Mom

aussiew

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was not happy when we didn't keep Evans. Was the same with Peerless and Lynch. Didn't like that we let a lot of guys go but if we lose SJ13 I will probably be the most upset over him. Not only for the fact that we would create another need/hole but the fact that this guy produces. I am not happy with the year he is having but he has caught 23% of the total receiving yardage of this team. Which, well, that's a lot with you look at how we play and the number of players who have caught passes. Especially considering that he has missed 9+ qtrs of football.

And I will add this. Too often we see players judged for what they can't do. The best coaches use players for what they can't do. We know SJ13 has had issues with the clutch and dropping passes. He can still get open, get YAC and motivate his team. A good coach will enable those qualities to contribute to his team.

I was not happy when we didn't keep Evans. Was the same with Peerless and Lynch. Didn't like that we let a lot of guys go but if we lose SJ13 I will probably be the most upset over him. Not only for the fact that we would create another need/hole but the fact that this guy produces. I am not happy with the year he is having but he has caught 23% of the total receiving yardage of this team. Which, well, that's a lot with you look at how we play and the number of players who have caught passes. Especially considering that he has missed 9+ qtrs of football.

And I will add this. Too often we see players judged for what they can't do. The best coaches use players for what they can't do. We know SJ13 has had issues with the clutch and dropping passes. He can still get open, get YAC and motivate his team. A good coach will enable those qualities to contribute to his team.

Well said. Also, he's a leader in the lockerroom despite what some fans seem to think. The only ones who knew about his mother were Marrone and SJ. People seem to think that Woods having a good game means SJ is expendable. Part of the reason Woods had a good game is because of the coverage SJ draws.

Well said. Also, he's a leader in the lockerroom (1) despite what some fans seem to think. The only ones who knew about his mother were Marrone and SJ. People seem to think that Woods having a good game means SJ is expendable. Part of the reason Woods had a good game is because of the coverage SJ draws (2).

You mention two things speaking in absolutes that are far from it.

@ChrisBrownBills

Team rallying behind Stevie

Bills WR Stevie Johnson made the decision Sunday to play against Jacksonville, despite getting the news of his mother’s unexpected passing the day before. Keeping that news to himself until after the game has earned him added respect in Buffalo’s locker room from teammates that are ready to prop him up at this difficult time.

Team captain Fred Jackson, in his weekly appearance on Bills flagship station WGR Sportsradio 550 said they’re ready to help Johnson through this difficult time in any way that they can.

“I know I just speak for all my teammates when I say we really appreciate him for doing what he did (Sunday),” said Jackson. ”That’s got to be one of the hardest things in the world to do trying to move past the death of your mother. We really do appreciate him for coming out and sticking with us. All we can do is ask him what he needs from us.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

RIP to SJ's mom. thoughts and prayers with his family. I couldn't even imagine. I know over the years I've questioned things SJ has done here in Buffalo, but I'll never question his heart and loyalty to this city and this team. God Bless.

i'm sure there are other players in the NFL that choose to play and be with their team when life altering events happen, but this is one of those situations that makes a man completely transparent. if you don't think that stevie johnson, for all his past antics and on-field play, for all his fun loving personality quirks and all his tweets and rants...if you don't see how much he loves his teammates, and even his fans, like they are his family, then you, sir or madame, are a true grinch.