Stevie Johnson: stay or go

The Big Cat

Another hash to settle  

222 members have voted

1. 1. Should the Bills sever ties with Stevie? (cut/trade)

• Yes
    • No

A "no" vote means to keep SJ, as in "don't trade him." Are you sure you voted the way you intended?

Good catch. I did vote yes but when I came later to comment I said no. I want SJ gone after this year. If we can't trade him, cut him.

I don't think we create such a big hole for guys who drop catches/fumble in crunch time. We've got plenty of others. Chandler and TJ come to mind. Chandler vs Falcons and TJ vs Clowns and Chiefs. Oh, I almost forgot, Hulk Hogan vs Bungles.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nope. Not the case for me at all. We've seen him produce, he's obviously capable of it. I, however, am on record saying he needs to go to a place where he can sink into a support role and not be a leader. He'll never be that in Buffalo, but if he finds it elsewhere, I fully expect him to be productive, as you say.

Boom.

I think you're tracking soldier

Gaileys Bills has some lessons to be learned , working with what he had , for our current staff maybe ?

He did use CJ and Stevie rather well . And Joe D is one of my favorite coaches .

Now if only Fitz coulda thrown that long ball....

Oh hindsight is a funny thing.

so how about we give Marrone and his flunkies a couple seasons to figure out what they have and start making better use of them ?

Gaileys Bills has some lessons to be learned , working with what he had , for our current staff maybe ?

He did use CJ and Stevie rather well . And Joe D is one of my favorite coaches .

Now if only Fitz coulda thrown that long ball....

Oh hindsight is a funny thing.

so how about we give Marrone and his flunkies a couple seasons to figure out what they have and start making better use of them ?

Exactly. I don't want to hijack the thread however the Stevie thing has been beat to death over the last couple of years. I don't know if Marrone is the answer but I'm certain that he should be given more than 13 games and an inherited roster to prove himself. I want to think he's the guy but I'm reserving judgment. This board is so quick to judge. If it were up to us, we'd have traded Mario and Fred, given up on Dareus, Mckelvin, A Williams and Spiller. We'd have released K Williams and Stevie. We'd bench Byrd for the rest of the season and Jeff Tuel would be our starting QB. Point being that this board doesn't know #%^* when it comes to running a football team. It's okay to have our opinions but some people get so passionate about being right that it becomes laughable. We should just sit back and try to enjoy Bills football without slitting our wrists.

Exactly. I don't want to hijack the thread however the Stevie thing has been beat to death over the last couple of years. I don't know if Marrone is the answer but I'm certain that he should be given more than 13 games and an inherited roster to prove himself. I want to think he's the guy but I'm reserving judgment. This board is so quick to judge. If it were up to us, we'd have traded Mario and Fred, given up on Dareus, Mckelvin, A Williams and Spiller. We'd have released K Williams and Stevie. We'd bench Byrd for the rest of the season and Jeff Tuel would be our starting QB. Point being that this board doesn't know #%^* when it comes to running a football team. It's okay to have our opinions but some people get so passionate about being right that it becomes laughable. We should just sit back and try to enjoy Bills football without slitting our wrists.

well i suppose so.

I still yell at the TV whether it's a good play or bad . And i yell at stevie for not catching it and EJ for not throwing to him when he is wide open .

Now

back to the regularly scheduled Judgementalists : )

Stevie is an interesting guy. Loved by most fans but a somewhat polarizing figure among the fans as well.

Tough situation today, playing with the recent death of his mother. So props to him for hanigng with his team.

My opinion matters not but I can see the new regime moving on after this season.

I don't think you understood. The 2014 cap room that we would have if we put the Fitz money into the 2013 year would be exactly the same as how we have done it by putting it in the 2014 year.

I know, but the Bills could have saved cap space for 2015, and so on... I think carryover lasts until at least 2016. I doubt they're spending near the cap next year so get the $10M out of the way this year.

For all the negatives with Stevie, we never could question that he'll do whatever it takes to get on the field.

I know, but the Bills could have saved cap space for 2015, and so on... I think carryover lasts until at least 2016. I doubt they're spending near the cap next year so get the $10M out of the way this year.

For all the negatives with Stevie, we never could question that he'll do whatever it takes to get on the field.

No, that's not how it works.

I'll draw a fictional example.....simplified.

Team A has 25M cap room in 2013.

They have a scheduled 20M cap room in 2014.

They have a dead cap hit from a player of 10M that they can either put in 2013 or 2014.

If they put the 10M into 2013.....that will leave 15M in cap room which they can roll over into 2014.....which makes the 2014 cap 35M(20M + 15M).

If they put the 10M into 2014.....that will leave 25M in cap room which they can roll over into 2014.....which makes the 2014 cap 35M(20M + 25M - 10M).

It does not matter in regards to the 2015 cap as the cap room in 2014 is going to be 35M regardless of when the dead money was accounted for.