Kelly 86 vs. Manuel 13

dezertbill

If you are a true stat believer then you must be a hardcore left winged democrat and a hardcore right winged republican at the same time because one look at politics will tell you just how effective stats can be at twisting the truth.

In sports, stats are constantly used to conveniently help make a false statement appear true. The fact of the matter is that the really important stats aren't even measured. You could have the best QB in the league trying to force passes to receivers who can't get open and can't catch. He will have poor stats even though he is a terrific quarterback. You can have a below average quarterback throwing passes to an exceptionally talented bunch of receivers and have it make him look like an elite quarterback. Just look at Chicago.

The stats that matter the most aren't the stats that people track and report and mention in forums like this one. The stats mentioned in forums like this one are more like smoke screens used to blur the truth and twist it in the posters favor.

At least this repudiation of the statistical method was original. If you're going to be a wing-nut, aim higher, like this gentleman here.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I think Losman and Edwards looked like they had more potential during their first years as QB. EJ just doesn't look like he has much to offer. He checks down more than Edwards, and he doesn't have a deep ball like Losman. I suppose the marketing guru Brandon felt like the Bills had to draft a QB this past year to sell some tickets. Fans were pretty tired of Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's just too bad that it was a bad draft class for quarterbacks...typical Bills luck.

That is flat out crazy. Losman was maybe the worst QB I have ever seen his first year as a starter and that was his 2nd year with a team that just went 9-7. Edwards was better but he threw more INts than TDs and never had a game where he helped us scored 31 points and lose. some of you are very fickle.

I think Losman and Edwards looked like they had more potential during their first years as QB. EJ just doesn't look like he has much to offer. He checks down more than Edwards, and he doesn't have a deep ball like Losman. I suppose the marketing guru Brandon felt like the Bills had to draft a QB this past year to sell some tickets. Fans were pretty tired of Ryan Fitzpatrick. It's just too bad that it was a bad draft class for quarterbacks...typical Bills luck.

This sums it up. The Bills pretty much pigeon holed themselves into taking a QB. The problem is it was one of the worst years to draft a QB in the first round. None of the QB's graded out for a first round pick. Now I know this is not an exact science with the projecting of grades but the warning signs are there with Manuel. A poster above says it best. There is not one thing that manuel does that is particularly good. Is not accurate, can't seem to throw the medium range ball, is not a great scrambler, does not progress in his reads well, has slow eyes. I mean the warning signs are there for him being a big time bust. I am not ready to give up on the kid but I will sya this, if there is a QB on the board that the Bills brass truly believes in when there first round pick comes up I hope they have the foresight & the guts to pull the trigger. At the very least bring in a capable veteran. Noway should Manuel be handed the job with no competition the way he has played this year.

That is flat out crazy. Losman was maybe the worst QB I have ever seen his first year as a starter and that was his 2nd year with a team that just went 9-7. Edwards was better but he threw more INts than TDs and never had a game where he helped us scored 31 points and lose. some of you are very fickle.

I do agree with this. Losman's first year starting when he played games @ Tampa & home to Atlanta where I don't think he even threw for 100 yards in either game might of been the 2 worst games I have ever seen a QB play. Losman was flat out horrible that first year he started.

This sums it up. The Bills pretty much pigeon holed themselves into taking a QB. The problem is it was one of the worst years to draft a QB in the first round. None of the QB's graded out for a first round pick. Now I know this is not an exact science with the projecting of grades but the warning signs are there with Manuel. A poster above says it best. There is not one thing that manuel does that is particularly good. Is not accurate, can't seem to throw the medium range ball, is not a great scrambler, does not progress in his reads well, has slow eyes. I mean the warning signs are there for him being a big time bust. I am not ready to give up on the kid but I will sya this, if there is a QB on the board that the Bills brass truly believes in when there first round pick comes up I hope they have the foresight & the guts to pull the trigger. At the very least bring in a capable veteran. Noway should Manuel be handed the job with no competition the way he has played this year.

I do agree with this. Losman's first year starting when he played games @ Tampa & home to Atlanta where I don't think he even threw for 100 yards in either game might of been the 2 worst games I have ever seen a QB play. Losman was flat out horrible that first year he started.

For some reason, people try to over state things to prove their points. In 9 games, he threw for 200 yards once. He threw for under 150 yards 4 times. The team didn't score over 30 points once in his starts. http://www.nfl.com/player/j.p.losman/2506099/gamelogs?season=2005

To claim Losman was better than EJ is a flat out lie.