2014 Draft

HSerotte

Thanks Kiko.

My apologies to Nisher.

I didn't see the part about moving Lewan to right tackle.

My spaciness might have to do with having only 3 days off in the last 5 weeks (today is the 4th), and battling the flu.

Sorry again Nisher.

Thanks again Kiko for moderating.

I'd better take a nap. It would probably help.

To be fair, I'm still amused by the "you better make sure you never do that to me again..... Because I'm so chill and laid back.... So don't ever step to me or I'll stab you" sentiment in the reply.

Dareus has played really well inside this year IMO, not sure about moving him. A case could be made for a true end in the draft, someone to get to the QB while Mario occupies a couple of blockers. Dline depth is always a good idea as these rotate in and out

Agreed. We should draft guys to upgrade over Cordy Glenn and Kraig Urbik.

Maybe in the 3rd round we can draft someone to upgrade Kiko Alonso's position.

I would not underestimate the importance of bringing in another OT. I like Pears in that I think that he is adequate, but if he or of course Glenn goes down, Manuel will go down with them, as will the team. The Bills are not the Broncos who can hold up after a loss like Clady.

Now, would I want a OT in round 1? Probably not but I wouldn't rule it completely out. I want to see what happens with Gabe Jackson as well. The kid looks like a very good player at LG.

Hopefully we won't need a QB with a 1st rd pick . If we end up with a high pick, we could trade down like last year and get another 2nd. Unless a super player like a Megatron is high 1st. Way to early to tell, even about Clowney.

Now that we are almost certainly out of the playoffs, and most likely will have a top 10 pick next year, what positions or players do you think will help? I feel like the defense is 1 impact player away from being top 5 in the league, but I also think we have to get EJ some weapons and help him develop (hopefully) into our franchise QB.

I hope we draft the LB out of Buffalo that every one is talking about & also another QB b/c the jury is still out on EJ especially after last week & now what he has done this week i just don't see it ???

I would not underestimate the importance of bringing in another OT. I like Pears in that I think that he is adequate, but if he or of course Glenn goes down, Manuel will go down with them, as will the team. The Bills are not the Broncos who can hold up after a loss like Clady.

Now, would I want a OT in round 1? Probably not but I wouldn't rule it completely out. I want to see what happens with Gabe Jackson as well. The kid looks like a very good player at LG.

If EJ goes down any further than what he is all the fans here will start saying good things about Tuel again !!

I hope we draft the LB out of Buffalo that every one is talking about & also another QB b/c the jury is still out on EJ especially after last week & now what he has done this week i just don't see it ???

If EJ goes down any further than what he is all the fans here will start saying good things about Tuel again !! Even with out the loss of either of the 2 you talked about ...

To be fair, I'm still amused by the "you better make sure you never do that to me again..... Because I'm so chill and laid back.... So don't ever step to me or I'll stab you" sentiment in the reply.

Sometimes you just have to feel that way. Lol

Now that we are almost certainly out of the playoffs, and most likely will have a top 10 pick next year, what positions or players do you think will help? I feel like the defense is 1 impact player away from being top 5 in the league, but I also think we have to get EJ some weapons and help him develop (hopefully) into our franchise QB.

I want to draft a LT and move Glenn to RT.

Agreed. We should draft guys to upgrade over Cordy Glenn and Kraig Urbik.

Maybe in the 3rd round we can draft someone to upgrade Kiko Alonso's position.

Urbik sucks. I don't think you have to throw a 1st at a Guard, but anything less than a 3rd is a joke and ignoring where this team is getting killed. The Bills O-line is a joke.

The Bills are getting killed on the line of scrimmage. If they draft anything AT ALL other than front 7, TE or O-line, we will continue this discussion of what to do with the 6th-11th overall pick. You can't keep throwing resources at QB, WR and DB without find out what you have with recent pick. God, I hope they go big...

Urbik sucks. I don't think you have to throw a 1st at a Guard, but anything less than a 3rd is a joke and ignoring where this team is getting killed. The Bills O-line is a joke.

The Bills are getting killed on the line of scrimmage. If they draft anything AT ALL other than front 7, TE or O-line, we will continue this discussion of what to do with the 6th-11th overall pick. You can't keep throwing resources at QB, WR and DB without find out what you have with recent pick. God, I hope they go big...

If I remember correctly, Urbik was a third round pick of the Steelers.

At any rate, I'm not ready to names names, so here I go, in no particular order yet:

LT- so we can move Glenn to RT, if Hairston can't return.

G- serious upgrades needed on both sides

TE- Chandler hasn't shown me enough to warrant another contract

WR- 6-4 or 6-5 would be nice, and the only two we have are on the practice squad

RB- need some depth and Fred has one year (?) left on his contract

OLB- Moats and Bradham aren't receiving a lot of snaps for a reason

DL- Branch is a FA, and who knows if Carrington can return from his injury?

We have more needs than this, so I hope we can work some draft-day trades.