Bucs losing to Bills would be big blow?

Rockinon

After reading this, I realized that that this is a team that is on the verge of falling apart. The perspective is that the Bills are a bad team that the Bucs should handle or their season is toast. With that kind of reasoning, they have all ready lost. Sorry, Bucs fans.

Reading this.

There's no such thing as a 'big blow' to a team already in last place, which describes both these teams. This is the kind of game where neither result would be considered an upset.

The Bucs according to this article, are one loss away from a fired coach and a complete overhaul. The Bills on the other hand appear to be a team on the rise.

I thought Schiano was as good as fired after his handling of Freeman situation, although he's looking pretty smart now.

I agree, looked like a sure thing earlier this season but the Bucs have actually improved with Glennon at QB

Glennon’s counterpart today is Buffalo rookie quarterback EJ Manuel, who has shown promise of his own. Manuel played for Florida State, which lost to Glennon and N.C. State last season, despite a 16-0 lead. Iron Mike led the Wolfpack back. He better do the same for the Bucs.

Interesting. I don't think Glennon had to face a defense like ours while playing Florida State. Not to knock Glennon. He has been pretty promising for Tampa, but he is still a rookie. You can bet, Pettine will be bring the pressure. Then again, all season I have been optimistic for wins. So, what do I know. A solid Bills win will spell trouble for Tampa.

From the Bills' perspective, I just hope the team doesn't start off with another early lead only to let it slip away. That is the theme the Bills need to squash. I've seen the offense and defense go all conservative with a lead. That's OK if it is a big lead. Most games however, the Bills usually only have a small lead and they need to have that killer instinct to put games away. I haven't seen that from this team yet.

There's no such thing as a 'big blow' to a team already in last place, which describes both these teams. This is the kind of game where neither result would be considered an upset.

It is amazing to see the image of the Bills as patsies lingering to this day. To the rest of the league, losing to the Bills is like getting beat up by a 12 yr old girl. This franchise better turn it around pretty soon. These images stick with people a long time.

Does that really count for journalism these days

I studied journalism for a while in school and learned that true journalists are objective, and because sports reporters insert their opinions when covering a story, they are not journalists. That said, I do agree with you.

When I read that "article," I had to remind myself that I hadn't stumbled across some fan's drunken blog post.

Does that really count for journalism these days

When you're writing a column, you're not inhabiting the role of journalist. You're being asked to provide commentary or informed opinion. Just be clear about the distinction. He's not writing a game wrap like Wawrow does.

I think the writer sounds kind of douchey, but the main point -- that Schiano's job is in jeopardy the more he loses -- stands, and it's worthy of discussion in a column.

As for journalism, sports reporters, in general, have to be storytellers, who convey the emotional ride of the game and the sport as much as the facts. Facts and stats alone don't make for interesting reading. Discussion of what led to different decisions and how the game unfolded can be. You can do it without editorializing - it's just that most don't.

The perspective is the Bills are are a horrible franchise and losing to a team that is circled on your schedule as an automatic win is horrible. I think every team that plays Buffalo expects a W, look no further than how the Steelers played against our guys, the Bills emblem provides a boost in confidence to the teams they play.