The 5 Stages of Buffalo Bills Grief over the last 14 years.

1B4IDie

Personally I have gone through the 5 stages of Grief in my relationship with this pitiful franchise over the last 14 years and I thought I would share my personal catharsis to maybe help my fellow fans with their own grief.

1. Denial - The Music City FORWARD LATERAL

2. Anger - Fire Jauron/(insert name of coach here)!!!!

3. Bargaining - I used to buy a new Jersey every year. In 2009 I said I would not by a stitch of Bills merchandise until they finish with a winning record. (I'm stuck with a Thurman Thomas jersey since the rest of the players have all washed out)

4. Depression - I considered switching and becoming a Houston Texans fan (Logic - As an expansion team I wouldn't be missing out on too much of the previous history. However I realized Houston was located in Texas and was forced back to the Bills).

5. Acceptance - The Buffalo Bills are the Washington Generals of the NFL. The role of the Buffalo Bills is to try real hard and provide the comedy foil when they fail. This has been proven by a preponderance of evidence. Including, not one, but TWO - "Wooooops! You can have the ball" moments in critical times on Sunday.

Finding new and interesting ways to lose is what the Buffalo Bills do best. If you can stand back and appreciate how difficult it is to play as many close games and make as many individual, self-inflicted mistakes as the Bills have made it is quite amazing.

Here are some examples if you need proof:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/164092-list-of-washington-general-moments-by-the-buffalo-bills/

There are many more examples.

I'm all out of hope for next year. I only expect close games and amazing screw ups in 2014 and beyond.

(Whistling sweet Georgia Brown)

There sure is no denying that it looks like we will finish last in the AFC East for a 6th straight year. I think that is more impressive than actually making the playoffs. If only it was that easy to just forget about the Bills but alas we all have probably been raised as fans and its so ingrained that there really is nothing you can do. Hopefully with a new owner, that will by some chance keep the team in Buffalo, they will actually put competent people in the front office and the team will eventually show it on the field.

There sure is no denying that it looks like we will finish last in the AFC East for a 6th straight year. I think that is more impressive than actually making the playoffs. If only it was that easy to just forget about the Bills but alas we all have probably been raised as fans and its so ingrained that there really is nothing you can do. Hopefully with a new owner, that will by some chance keep the team in Buffalo, they will actually put competent people in the front office and the team will eventually show it on the field.

Is that correct? We've been last in the division the past five years?

Unbelievable. I didn't think it was that bad.

My only fix to this is having Ralph sell the team.

He has been an Missing in Action owner the past 15 seasons, based on age and health.

It is somewhat morbid to explain, but I really think on this guy's deathbed he sells the team to the Kelly Group.

Another 5 stages of grief has been the NFL as a whole. The popularity of the game is in limbo.

The NFL has been getting strange of late.

The officiating has sucked for years.

We tend to forget fines for legal hits, cheating/video taping opponents, injuries are at an all time high and how every team the past several seasons have had an average 14.3 players put on IR. (Based on preseason and regular season)

Roger Goodell's reign is not popular among fans and players and has been in decline since he started.

No team wants to play in London.

The Bills players have been vocal about playing Toronto.

18 game seasons and the fact nobody wants it--except for the non-profit NFL heads--who want to make more money for the league

Edited by KollegeStudnet

Personally I have gone through the 5 stages of Grief in my relationship with this pitiful franchise over the last 14 years and I thought I would share my personal catharsis to maybe help my fellow fans with their own grief.

1. Denial - The Music City FORWARD LATERAL

2. Anger - Fire Jauron/(insert name of coach here)!!!!

3. Bargaining - I used to buy a new Jersey every year. In 2009 I said I would not by a stitch of Bills merchandise until they finish with a winning record. (I'm stuck with a Thurman Thomas jersey since the rest of the players have all washed out)

4. Depression - I considered switching and becoming a Houston Texans fan (Logic - As an expansion team I wouldn't be missing out on too much of the previous history. However I realized Houston was located in Texas and was forced back to the Bills).

5. Acceptance - The Buffalo Bills are the Washington Generals of the NFL. The role of the Buffalo Bills is to try real hard and provide the comedy foil when they fail. This has been proven by a preponderance of evidence. Including, not one, but TWO - "Wooooops! You can have the ball" moments in critical times on Sunday.

Finding new and interesting ways to lose is what the Buffalo Bills do best. If you can stand back and appreciate how difficult it is to play as many close games and make as many individual, self-inflicted mistakes as the Bills have made it is quite amazing.

Here are some examples if you need proof:

http://forums.twobil...-buffalo-bills/

There are many more examples.

I'm all out of hope for next year. I only expect close games and amazing screw ups in 2014 and beyond.

(Whistling sweet Georgia Brown)

I am at disgust and hatred, that's somewhere around 36 on your list.... when you get there you know you've had it.

I am at disgust and hatred, that's somewhere around 36 on your list.... when you get there you know you've had it.

You can't hate when you accept the team for what it is.

Sorry my friend you're still much earlier on the stages of grief, it sounds like you're still in the second phase.

I can't get angry anymore because I accept them to be in a nail bitter then with a 30 secs left and a 5 point lead the ball will be tipped at the line of scrimmage by the Bills defense, bounce of the helmet of Bills defender 20 feet in the air, get tipped again in a jump ball situation and then land in the hands of a wide open opponent receiver that takes it into the end zone.

Then this board will say PlayerX is horrible because he should have knocked the ball down. Then others will defend PlayerX and talk about his potential. Then still others say the coaching should have prepared them to knock down the ball.

This is bound to happen with this clown team.

I won't be angry or upset anymore then I would be upset with a squirrel trying to get a nut. Screwing up is in the nature of the Buffalo Bills it is what they do best.

Edited by Why So Serious?

Sorry my friend you're still much earlier on the stages of grief, it sounds like you're still in the second phase.

I can't get angry anymore because I accept them to be in a nail bitter then with a 30 secs left and a 5 point lead the ball will be tipped at the line of scrimmage by the Bills defense, bounce of the helmet of Bills defender 20 feet in the air, get tipped again in a jump ball situation and then land in the hands of a wide open opponent receiver that takes it into the end zone.

Then this board will say PlayerX is horrible because he should have knocked the ball down. Then others will defend PlayerX and talk about his potential. Then still others say the coaching should have prepared them to knock down the ball.

I won't be angry or upset anymore then I would be upset with a squirrel trying to get a nut. Screwing up is in the nature of the Buffalo Bills it is what they do best.

I know a thing or 2 about clowns....

My only fix to this is having Ralph sell the team.

He has been an Missing in Action owner the past 15 seasons, based on age and health.

RW's been anything but an absentee owner. He fired Wade Phillips and subsequently sued him for breach of contract because Wade wouldn't out-right fire Ronnie Jones. That move there probably made it a lot harder to attract top management to this organization.

RW ran the team into the 21st century like it was 1970. And it's little wonder the team cannot find front office people who want to work there, which undoubtedly helps continue their record tying streak of 14 consecutive playoff-less seasons.

Somehow I have already succumbed to the 5 steps and I'm back to step 1. I refuse to believe we are a last place team. I feel like we can play any team in the NFL at the Ralph and beat them. We just have to fix the mistakes and learn how to win the close games. The talent is there. I have high hopes for next season. Or maybe I am just being naive and I haven't learned my lesson yet...

When Stevie tipped the ball to the Bucs defender, I thought of this post.