Refs took Falcons by the hand

Tu-Toned

And walked them right into the end zone for the tie. I know that we are not supposed

to cry over spilt milk, but this bovine hasn't stopped leaking in years. Move them to

Toronto, maybe they will stop picking on them up there. Atlanta was not winning that

game without the refs assistance.

Marketing, scheduling, rules and bogus and inconsistent application of such. One step

above WWF, and a small one at that. I am picking a new sport, I watch, but am absolutely

starting to hate the NFL. The only difference, is how I watch it, I watch now as if I am viewing

one of the final episodes of dancing with the stars, or one of those bogus reality shows.

I guess that the NFL doesn't care if people start to look at their offering as a scam with predictable

and scripted outcomes. You can say all that you want about parity, but the teams have all been

drafting the same way for years now, and this type of parity, with almost every game going to the

wire or overtime, just doesn't jive with me.

You can run at least five more beer commercials with overtime. The rest of you can believe what you

will, but I have enough swampland in Florida already.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

if you think its rigged, why watch at all? why take the time to discuss it here?

Ok, I knew that some sa would state that I think the games are rigged or fixed.

No they are not rigged or fixed, just heavily manipulated. Btw, I will discuss what

I want to where and when I want to. Didn't think that I needed your permission.

I will check with you next time.

How do you explain the fumbles? Refs with remote control footballs?

Game should have been over way before the fumbles, but it is people like you that

help to keep that curtain closed on the bs NFL.

Ba bah bah. Move a long little sheepy.

Ahhhh my faith in some Bills fans whining about bad calls is restored.

It's Monday, so it's a bit early for this. Usually after gut-wrenching defeats, it goes like this:

1) Sunday. General outrage and depression (4 or 5 "I'm done" threads)

2) Monday. Discuss firing of coaches and release of key players

3) Tuesday. Blame officials

4) Wednesday. Some sanity returns due to All-22 analysis

5) Thursday. Re-start playoff probability formulas

6) Friday. Onto the next game

So you think that they were good calls?

The PI in the end zone was a good call. He grabbed the receiver by the collar in plain view for gods sake. Even the Pats* probably wouldn't get away with that one much less a bad team like the Bills.

The other "phantom" call some are complaining about near the end I honestly don't remember and would have to look again.

It's Monday, so it's a bit early for this. Usually after gut-wrenching defeats, it goes like this:

1) Sunday. General outrage and depression (4 or 5 "I'm done" threads)

2) Monday. Discuss firing of coaches and release of key players

3) Tuesday. Blame officials

4) Wednesday. Some sanity returns due to All-22 analysis

5) Thursday. Re-start playoff probability formulas

6) Friday. Onto the next game

So you are saying Bills fans here are over achieving this week? ;)

Edited by CodeMonkey

So you are saying Bills fans here are over achieving this week? ;)

I am not sure about that, because that would mean sanity might return by tomorrow. Very doubtful. It just means more of an extended bemoaning of the officials. I also haven't yet seen a "fire crossman" or "fire hackett" thread yet, so we are a little behind on that one.

I'm not sure I'm willing to concede that the league is fixed. I think there are pushes to guide for certain things to happen, but I wouldn't go as far as saying it's a fixed league. I'll hang up and listen.

You sir have restored my faith in humanity, didn't think there was anybody out there left

with some common sense, thank you!

Ok, I knew that some sa would state that I think the games are rigged or fixed.

No they are not rigged or fixed, just heavily manipulated. Btw, I will discuss what

I want to where and when I want to. Didn't think that I needed your permission.

I will check with you next time.

remind me where i said you needed my permission - i simply asked why you spend so much time on it if you dont think theres integrity in the game and the team you want to see win is more washington generals than harlem globetrotters in your view.

a selection from your post:

One step above WWF, and a small one at that. I am picking a new sport, I watch, but am absolutely

starting to hate the NFL. The only difference, is how I watch it, I watch now as if I am viewing

one of the final episodes of dancing with the stars, or one of those bogus reality shows.

I guess that the NFL doesn't care if people start to look at their offering as a scam with predictable

and scripted outcomes.

so why watch it? why come here and debate?

Edited by NoSaint

You sir have restored my faith in humanity, didn't think there was anybody out there left

with some common sense, thank you!

I think it's the same in any major sport though. there are teams that all professional leagues want to win. It's just what they deem a good business model. For example, in the NHL, does the league want the Florida Panthers in the playoffs or the Maple Leafs? It's an obvious answer and it's what the league deems as best case scenario for them. I don't think there is a big difference from the NFL to any of the other major sports.

There was a pivotal 4th quarter call on Aaron Williams for illegal contact. A quick replay showed that he did not come close to touching a player. Bizarre. But it's a quid pro quo. Another defeat means a better draft pick.