Which NFL teams have started the most qb's, 1999 to today?

Kemp2Warlick

Deadspin@Deadspin22m

Which NFL teams have started the most quarterbacks, 1999 to today? http://deadsp.in/0EKPQi5

The Bills have had 13 different starters, they say, since 1999. Without looking, I can only come up with 12. Who is number 13? Did Craig Nall ever actually start a game for us? Or Travis Brown...as I recall, Brown went in on the first series of a game, when the starter (Trent?) got hurt on the first play of the game...so technically, not a start.

Rob Johnson

Doug Flutie

Alex Van Pelt

Drew Bledsoe

J.P.Losman

Kelly Holcomb

Trent Edwards

Brian Brohm

Ryan Fitzpatrick

E.J. Manueul

Thaddeus Lewis

Jeff Tuel

Brad Smith started three games at QB for us wtf?

Must be when we opened in the wildcat and they counted those as "starts"

Sorry, guess I was typing as you posted....that is bogus...I certainly don't recall any of those "starts" by Brad Smith.

Edited by Buftex

I wonder which QB in that time period started a game for the most different teams? I can think of a few people with 3 (McNabb, Warner, Bledsoe, etc...). Now that Inthink about it, Fitz is at 4 teams. I bet someone like Trent Green, Kyle Orton or Brad Johnson had more. Anyone care to venture a guess (no cheating)? If I had I guess, Brad Johnson would be my guess.

Edited by Kirby Jackson

I wonder which QB in that time period started a game for the most different teams? I can think of a few people with 3 (McNabb, Warner, Bledsoe, etc...). Now that Inthink about it, Fitz is at 4 teams. I bet someone like Trent Green, Kyle Orton or Brad Johnson had more. Anyone care to venture a guess (no cheating)? If I had I guess, Brad Johnson would be my guess.

Jeff Garica bounced around a lot too...49ers, Browns,Eagles, Bucs, Lions, Raiders, Texans... pretty certain he never started for the Raiders or Texans, but I think he started at least a handful of games for the other 5 teams.

Edited by Buftex

I suspect they just looked at stats, and not details. Fitzpatrick started 16 games that year, which makes it impossible for Brad Smith to start 5 at QB. However, I do believe he started games at WR

This might explain the stats because no way did he ever start at QB. He barely saw many wildcat plays.

The Bears are up there. Through their rivalry w/the Packers the last couple of decades... The Pack have started something like 3 QB's (mostly Farve & Rodgers of course) and the Bears are in the +20 range. Of course the last game for The Packers against the Bears moved that total to a whopping 4!

Deadspin@Deadspin22m

Which NFL teams have started the most quarterbacks, 1999 to today? http://deadsp.in/0EKPQi5

Wow... Just saw this, cool & thanks! I was pretty close w/my post above! Bears #3rd tops @ starting the most Qb's.

This might explain the stats because no way did he ever start at QB. He barely saw many wildcat plays.

I'm pretty sure that the issue is that Brad Smith started 5 games at WR due to injury, but the Bills never stopped officially listing him as a QB on their roster. So it screwed up Pro Football Reference and they list 2 starting QBs for those 5 games. Deadspin got confused because Smith is listed *above* Fitzy in 3 of the 5. I was going to post this in the comment thread below to help clear things up, but didn't want to sign up for a Kinja account.

http://regressing.deadspin.com/im-confused-by-brad-smith-having-a-1-2-record-as-a-star-1468430597

They have a basic handle on it, but I think they're still missing the piece that the Bills listed Smith as a QB on their roster even though he was starting at WR. Also I think the author doesn't want to take the time to update his fancy graphic, hahaha.