OT (LAMP) Darwin Awards 2005

Mediaman

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/18/balcony.death.ap/index.html

NORTH FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- A woman fell to her death while trying to do a handstand on the railing of a second-floor hotel balcony, sheriff's officials said.

Molly Jerman, 23, of Cape Coral died Sunday. While attempting a handstand, she toppled over and dropped to the hotel patio, according to the Lee County sheriff's department.

Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do," a police report said. Foul play is not believed to be involved, officials said.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/01/18/balcony.death.ap/index.html

NORTH FORT MYERS, Florida (AP) -- A woman fell to her death while trying to do a handstand on the railing of a second-floor hotel balcony, sheriff's officials said.

Molly Jerman, 23, of Cape Coral died Sunday. While attempting a handstand, she toppled over and dropped to the hotel patio, according to the Lee County sheriff's department.

Just before she fell, she had called out to a friend, "Watch to see what I can still do," a police report said. Foul play is not believed to be involved, officials said.

209921[/snapback]

"Watch to see what I can still do"

So, is it safe to say she overestimated her ability to still do a handstand?

I know a guy who took a digger at five stories while at a party in one of the dorms. Faulty railing, I gather. Coma for 10 weeks.

He was a real * in high school. Football/baseball/academic slacker. He was going to play for the U as a walkon.

He now has the mental capacity of a 6-year-old. I've seen him at the library and at a BBall court in town, and it's weird trying to reconcile the new person in the same body.

Actually she said, "Hold my beer and check this out."

210312[/snapback]

Bingo - I'm just glad that when I went to Myrtle Beach when I was a junior and senior in high school, no one said to me at ANY point "Steve, I bet you can't do a hand stand", as we of course stayed at cheap motels with balconies...

Then again, she was 23...