Vick against the Pats

1billsfan

That would be a fun Superbowl to watch. The simple reason being is that of course Belicheck would put a spy on Vick, but what the fun part would be is seeing Vick elude the spy time and time again. Mike Vick's scrambling reminds me of that old schoolyard game called "kill the guy". Where everyone tried to take down the guy with the ball. Vick's turbo superfast, a lot faster than the Pats linebackers no doubt.

We called it "cream the carrier" but lord it was violent. I was around 10 the first time I played and some high school guy nailed me in the back and I landed face first on the ground. My collarbone hit a metal pole that had been nailed in to the ground and was stick out about an inch. Oh lord did that hurt, that bone still gives me aches....

But, Vick has to get past the LB core of Philly first. That game two years ago was dictated by the defense of Philly. Vick couldn't get anything going and the CB's and LB's of Philly are a heck of a lot better than the Rams.

but what the fun part would be is seeing Vick elude the spy time and time again. Mike Vick's scrambling reminds me of that old schoolyard game called "kill the guy". Where everyone tried to take down the guy with the ball.

209889[/snapback]

are you referring to the age old classic "smear the queer"?

You can't hit what you can't catch.

209923[/snapback]

You CAN catch Michael Vick. You CAN stop Michael Vick. And given the opportunity, the Patriots will show you how. Have you seen him try to throw the ball beyond five yards? He looks like Stevie Wonder with his accuracy.

Vick excels in a weak division that isn't smart enough to shut him down. Patriots would kill him.

Vick excels in a weak division that isn't smart enough to shut him down. Patriots would kill him.

209939[/snapback]

He's plays in the division that has sent the last two SB teams from the NFC. And the defense of the TB Bucs and Carolina Panthers are both very good. TB has shut him down in their meetings. The number one reason? Derrick Brooks.

While Bruschi and Vrabel are good...they are no Derrick Brooks. If the Pats play the Falcons I'd play 2 LB's, 4 lineman, 5 DB's almost every set. Spy Harrison on Vick.

I love the arguement about Vick's accuracy after watching him time and time again thread the needle to Crumpler. Too bad Price/White/Jenkins aren't better recievers.

You CAN catch Michael Vick. You CAN stop Michael Vick. And given the opportunity, the Patriots will show you how. Have you seen him try to throw the ball beyond five yards? He looks like Stevie Wonder with his accuracy.

209939[/snapback]

I think the Patriots would still win, but you're wrong that they would kill Vick. The Patriots are too old now. They will beat you with schemes and intelligence, not brute force. On the filp side, Vick's speed could kill the Patriots. I hope this is the Superbowl matchup because the Eagles are deadwood floating if it comes down to them and the Pats.

He's plays in the division that has sent the last two SB teams from the NFC. And the defense of the TB Bucs and Carolina Panthers are both very good. TB has shut him down in their meetings. The number one reason? Derrick Brooks.

While Bruschi and Vrabel are good...they are no Derrick Brooks. If the Pats play the Falcons I'd play 2 LB's, 4 lineman, 5 DB's almost every set. Spy Harrison on Vick.

I love the arguement about Vick's accuracy after watching him time and time again thread the needle to Crumpler. Too bad Price/White/Jenkins aren't better recievers.

209950[/snapback]

Thanks for the correction. I truly meant conference, not division. But like I said...shutting him down can be done because he's one person. Unlike trying to shut down the Patriots, where shutting down one person does you no good.

if the falcons make it past philly, they prolly would easiyl get shut down by the pats...for those of you that think vick is unstoppable, have you noticed how vick is Monte Kiffin's (the buccs D-coordinator) B word...

i'm usually wrong with my predictions, but i think we will see a pats-falcons super bowl. how can anyone possibly pick against new england at this point? i don't think pissburgh's home field means anything, and despite the record they still have a rookie at QB going up against the gameplan master. then you add "say it don't spray it" cowher's tight sphincter and marty schottenheimer-like playoff gameplans...the pats win this one by a TD.

as for atlanta-philly: the falcons are actually set up well for cold, nasty weather. they run the ball extremely well, which is the weakness of philly's D. they have a "triple threat" of vick, dunn, and duckett. they have more playmakers than the eagles do, and the defenses are essentially a draw. atlanta's special teams are very good as well. if owens were playing, i'd take the eagles in a close one. without him, the balance shifts to the falcons.

vick v. belichick will be fun. that's the game i hope to see.