Who wants to apologize to Nate Hackett??

my apologies, and i did read the rest of the post, which is why I took a soft approach to explaining my position...it wasn't that I was all up-in-arms about saying someone needed to apologize to Hackett, but again, I missed the general tenor of your post, which is my fault...well, that, and Monday morning being what it is...either way, I didn't take it as you intended and apparently my rant came off as just that - a rant, which it was not...my bad

nice...

Not a problem BigBuff. You observed what most of us have been saying: Give Nate some time. This was a nice change and hopefully he will get better each week.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I wasn't calling for an apology...I was being sarcastic. Damn, this is getting tiresome.

Sarcasm is best left to the professionals. Most do not do it well. And sarcasm has a vocal element which does not translate well to text. While your post's title may have been sarcasm, your post did not translate well that way

Edited by simpleman

Sarcasm is lost on about 80% of the people on here. It's actually alarming.

There are a lot of stupid posts that are 100% serious.

Makes it hard to tell when someone is being sarcastic.

I...think you don't know what the read option means.

I think I do.

OK, you don't have to apologize - I borrowed that from the Byrd thread - but give Hackett some credit:

1) He opened the playbook up for EJ with reverse, fake reverse, screen and long ball;

b) He was on the sideline (coaxed by Marrone) but looked engaged;

III) Goaline call to Frank "the Tank" Summers (rather than forced throws);

d) Even though the run game was stuffed, he consistently ran the ball with EJ under center. This allowed for better play action (rather than running out of shotgun all day)

Fifth) He devised a game plan without his #1 and #2 WR's.

6) He has flashes of brilliance. After gaining 30+ yds to Graham, he calls a 40 yd go route to Goodwin (where he may have gone to a run, run, pass series a few weeks ago)

I suppose Nate is getting better each week just like all these first year guys.

Ohhhh, and props to JR in Pittsburgh and you other guys who picked us to dominate the Jets. I would have never guessed it would happen.

When we signed Hackett, I was disappointed, as were plenty of people on this board. I think we all expected Marrone to live up to that first presser promise of finding "experienced" coordinators.

That being said, I understood he's young, in his first year of real experience in the NFL, and needed a long leash. I think he's been a mixed bag through 11 games, but the hope here is he's learning from his mistakes.

What truly boggles my mind is why can't we get a freaking coordinator to put both our running backs on the field at the same time the last decade? Whether its Henry and McGahee, Marshawn or Jackson, Jackson or Spiller - we honestly can't find a few plays a game where these guys are on the field together? One could argue that our top two running backs on the depth chart (take your pick of any year the past decade) are the best players on our offense. It seems every time we get a new head coach/offensive coordinator, they always talk about this and it never materialises.

So far, I've liked the games when we've played with a heavier package mixed in with hour usual shotgun formations. Having Summers in there, along with putting EJ under center for play actions. I feel like we've used that mix more in games we've won, while the games we've lost we've basically sat in shotgun all day with the "half assed option" play calls (dunno what to call it, other than half assed...). Wonder what our actual formation statistics are.

I said all along Hackett was doing a pretty solid job. It is not his fault the players can't execute a solid game plan. Yesterday the players executed the game plan & the results were good.

Agreed. The Offense Still needs some players especially on OL

OK, I was ready to tar and feather the man after the last two weeks. I don't know what it was, and why he waited until this week to go all out, but down on the sideline Hackett seemed to help EJ's confidence. I want to see it more.

:thumbsup:

EJ made Hackett look great this week. But, to his credit Hackett did run the ball much more then in previous games 38 rushes vs 28 passes. The Bills were able to score 20 points and that allowed the defense to blitz Geno like crazy.

Still, it has to be a major concern when you average only 1.8 yards per rush all game. Spiller was 13 rushes for 6 yards :doh: Hackett needs to get this kid in space to allow him to break free with his speed or use him as a WR. I would think running the spread offense and hand off out of the shotgun like Gailey used to do might work.

(3rd QTR, at 5:07)1st and 10 on the Bills 17 yard line. EJ to TJ for 40 yards to the NY Jets 43. EJ to Goodwin for 43 yards TD. :worthy: 2 passes from the Bills 17 yard line to a TD. :w00t:

hackett is the worst part of this team, just because he called a good game finally doesn't make me want to apologize. spiller looks terrible under him. EJ threw a bunch of outs again. even the other whopping three games we won...they were all too close mainly due to hackett being a moron. So again? I am to apologize to him for a 4-7 record? I hope he gets fired still.

our o line is fine. don't blame personnel, we are actually pretty stacked right now.

You need to apologize...it's the right thing to do.