Who wants to apologize to Jairus Byrd?

26CornerBlitz

.....and those same posters were also assuming a higher number of FA dollars being spent. Without that context added, one would have to be a complete moron to say "After signing all of our draft picks we only have $20M in cap space this year. That will be cutting it close."

I think he's referring to me, and I stand by my assertions wrt the cap. We were talking about the merits of eating Fitz's cap hit all at once.

If he is indeed referring to me about claiming to not have a lot of room, you are correct that it was the result of playing a variety of "What-If" games. The cap figures are freely available at a number of sites online, so there's no room to disagree on how much space is actually available, unless we are going to debate what constitutes "a little" vs "a lot."

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Earl Thomas, Jairus Byrd top list of NFL's best safeties

Every Thursday, Chris Wesseling rolls out the power rankings for one specific NFL position.

So far, we have ranked the top running backs, inside linebackers, outside linebackers, tight ends, defensive tackles and wide receivers, defensive ends, kick returners, running backs, linebacker duos and wide receiver duos in the league.

This week, we turn our attention back to the league's top safeties.

This is neither a fantasy football cheat sheet, nor is it an attempt to predict which players will finish with the best statistics this season. The premise is which safety I would want for the 2013 season. Although statistics, scouting reports and other factors such as durability were considered, the criteria is based primarily on game film from the 2012 and 2013 seasons.

Top shelf: Earl Thomas, Jairus Byrd, T.J. Ward, Devin McCourty, Eric Berry

Byrd is a true playmaker, specializing in forced fumbles and interceptions.

You know you're right. I got too wrapped up in this situation and for that I want to apologize; not to Byrd or any of you, because I don't owe you anything, but to myself, because I want to enjoy myself as much as possible and somewhere along the line I lost sight of that; for that I am sorry.

Edited by Rob's House