32 Observations, week 10

thewildrabbit

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: When E.J. Manuel is not blitzed, he has an Accuracy Percentage of 70.3%. When he is blitzed, that drops to 54.5%. That’s a difference of 15.7% which is the second-largest difference in the league.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/12/32-observations-week-10-2/

Interesting read about the AFC East. Wonder if the Bills coaches will work on getting EJ ready for all those Jets blitzes coming this week?

AFC East

Buffalo Bills: When E.J. Manuel is not blitzed, he has an Accuracy Percentage of 70.3%. When he is blitzed, that drops to 54.5%. That’s a difference of 15.7% which is the second-largest difference in the league.

https://www.profootb...ions-week-10-2/

Interesting read about the AFC East. Wonder if the Bills coaches will work on getting EJ ready for all those Jets blitzes coming this week?

All this tells me is that we have a rookie QB. Next.

AFC East

https://www.profootb...ions-week-10-2/

That's a bit of a tease stat. Who has the largest difference in the league is my question.

Minnesota Vikings: When Christian Ponder is not blitzed, he had an above average Accuracy Percentage of 76.9%. When he is blitzed, his Accuracy Percentage drops down to 58.8%. That is a difference of 18.1% which is by far the largest in the league.

Minnesota Vikings: When Christian Ponder is not blitzed, he had an above average Accuracy Percentage of 76.9%. When he is blitzed, his Accuracy Percentage drops down to 58.8%. That is a difference of 18.1% which is by far the largest in the league.

Also similar idea here:

San Francisco 49ers: When Colin Kaepernick is not under pressure, he has an Accuracy Percentage of 74.7%. When he is under pressure, he has an Accuracy Percentage of 47.0%. That is a difference of 27.6%, which is the largest in the league.

This stat might be skewed. For example, against the steelers, supposedly they didn't blitz at all, just dropping a ton of guys into coverage. this led to EJ checking down a lot. So maybe he had a higher completion percentage, but the plays were for like 3 yards.

My sentiments exactly. My personal opinion is that his 70% completion percentage is probably bolstered a bit by his high number of checkdown throws. I'm no statistician but I'd be hard pressed to believe many of those completed passes are of the intermediate variety.

This stat might be skewed. For example, against the steelers, supposedly they didn't blitz at all, just dropping a ton of guys into coverage. this led to EJ checking down a lot. So maybe he had a higher completion percentage, but the plays were for like 3 yards.

EJ only attempted 2 deep passing plays all game, one to Stevie deep left, one to Goodwin deep right, and both went incomplete. Stevie Johnson was targeted 10 times and caught only 3 for 48. Graham was targeted 4 times and caught one pass. 7th round pick TE Chris Gragg was the Bills leading receiver with 4 catches.

Plus, the Steelers scouted out EJ pretty well and all those short passes he likes to throw went nowhere.

The Bills are in serious trouble if EJ is already feeling phantom sackers.

AFC East

https://www.profootballfocus.com/blog/2013/11/12/32-observations-week-10-2/

EJ can't handle the blitz which is even more apparent when they are on the road

yea, without some sort of YPA number attached to it, solely looking at completion percentage can be a tough one.

I want these numbers on Cam Newton. He is very similar in his tendancies to throw an errant ball when blitzed or moving out of the pocket.

Embrace Cam already ... Do it for your proud state of NC..

he's a megastud....can't wait til the panthers add a good wideout as Steve smiff is a little long in the tooth but still an animal.