Colts Elevate Da'Rick Rogers to the Active Roster

26CornerBlitz

I'm not sure what you find so ridiculous or confusing. A team that hasn't been able to reach the lofty goal of finishing .500 in the last 10 years and is trying to build for the future cut bait early on a highly talented prospect that potentially could have gone a long way to making this team competetive. Sure, there's no guarantee he would have worked out, and maybe sending him packing was the right move, but maybe it wasn't. Certainly there are plausible explanations as to why this was done, but to tell fans not to second guess the new rookie coach but to instead swear blind allegiance to him like he's Jesus Christ, and then get upset when someone disagrees is far more ridiculous than this thread IMO.

Please, show me where I said we need to blindly follow coach Marrone. I'm simply saying that these things happen all the time. No one knows how it's going to turn out. You all talk about Rodgers being so much better than Hogan, based on what? Potential? Lol. Potential doesn't win games!

If Rodgers becomes the second coming for Jerry Rice, it still does not mean the coaching staff were wrong, he just didn't fit for reasons we have no idea about. Are you a coach for the Bills? Are you on the inside and know something we don't? What makes this so rediculous is that this stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Players with "potential" are deemed not comparable and go elsewhere. Either they do nothing and fade away, or they become serviceable and have a solid career, or maybe they become superstars. So when he makes a single play in a game, Rodgers apologizers jump at it like you have because you want to be soooo right. Sad thing is, even if he does blow it up, no one will give credit to you because, you didn't have any info, you just got lucky. That's it and that's all. It's in he past, he's not on this team, get over it. Or keep beating a dead horse, I'm done talking about it.

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please, show me where I said we need to blindly follow coach Marrone. I'm simply saying that these things happen all the time. No one knows how it's going to turn out. You all talk about Rodgers being so much better than Hogan, based on what? Potential? Lol. Potential doesn't win games!

If Rodgers becomes the second coming for Jerry Rice, it still does not mean the coaching staff were wrong, he just didn't fit for reasons we have no idea about. Are you a coach for the Bills? Are you on the inside and know something we don't? What makes this so rediculous is that this stuff happens all the time in the NFL. Players with "potential" are deemed not comparable and go elsewhere. Either they do nothing and fade away, or they become serviceable and have a solid career, or maybe they become superstars. So when he makes a single play in a game, Rodgers apologizers jump at it like you have because you want to be soooo right. Sad thing is, even if he does blow it up, no one will give credit to you because, you didn't have any info, you just got lucky. That's it and that's all. It's in he past, he's not on this team, get over it. Or keep beating a dead horse, I'm done talking about it.

Uh. No offense, but I think it does.

Uh. No offense, but I think it does.

Ugh I just can't stay away. This is the problem with America today. Your response it just a microcosm of those in America who wants someone to be responsible of everything. There HAS to be someone to be a scapegoat and take the fault. How about the good things? Robey? Hughes? There's good and there's bad. We're sitting here talking about a guy who's done NOTHING so far in the NFL, and you can't see how ridiculous this conversation is?

Edited by HamSandwhich

Ugh I just can't stay away. This is the problem with America today. Your response it just a microcosm of those in America who wants someone to be responsible of everything. There HAS to be someone to be a scapegoat and take the fault. How about the good things? Robey? Hughes? There's good and there's bad. We're sitting here talking about a guy who's done NOTHING so far in the NFL, and you can't see how ridiculous this conversation is?

There usually is someone responsible for everything. The problem with America is that people don't realize that they themselves are responsible.

I'd rather Marrone decide he made a mistake and vow to make better decisions then not take any blame at all.

Why is this so difficult for u guys to understand, Rogers could of easily been put on the practice squad. His job was taken by Streeter not Hogan even though he is also garbage. The Bills should of given Rogers more time to develop, this kid was playing division 3 football the previous yr. He needed time to learn and develop. But he also showed lots of flashes during ota's and training camp. He connected on a ton of deep balls with Ej. The Bills made a big mistake not keeping.this kid

You don't get "put" on the practice squad. You choose to sign with a team that places you on the practice squad after clearing waivers. Big difference. The player is in the driver's seat and free to sign with any team. Why would Rogers sign back with the Bills after they clearly hesitated in their belief in him? Furthermore, why would he sign back with the Bills when he could catch passes from Andrew Luck?

If the team makes smart moves and wins they get credit. If they make stupid moves and lose they get blame. I said earlier, what happens next year (and to be fair, the year after next) will shed a lot of light on the wisdom of this staff.

There usually is someone responsible for everything. The problem with America is that people don't realize that they themselves are responsible.

I'd rather Marrone decide he made a mistake and vow to make better decisions then not take any blame at all.

This too

Yes, the problem with the "entitled" generation is that they are not responsible to themselves. It's a sad way to go through life. They don't think anything they do is their fault, but must be others causing negative results of their actions. I'll be willing to bet that Marrone doesn't have this "entitled" view of the world. On the flip side, the problem with America is also that people want someone to be blamed for EVERYTHING. This has been going on for a long time. People put on death row, or given the death penalty and years after death finding out (by DNA testing) they were wrongfully accused. People need to blame someone, and even if its not that persons fault, they feel better knowing someone got the wrath of what ever law they broke.

Same thing here, people want heads right away. They want someone to blame. Why should Marrone and their staff have to answer for cutting an UDFA who didn't fit in their plans? A player who has done NOTHING in the NFL so far to justify you calling them out, as a matter of fact? What is the point of this thread and going back and forth about a moot point. It does not matter if he blows up and becomes the next super star. That does not make them wrong for cutting him for not fitting.

I get it, I understand. Years of futility causes a lot of bad feelings and bickering. I'll ask you, what does Marrone and his staff have to do with the prior years of futility? How can one bring that up as a real argument as to why they missed on Rodgers? It's laughable!

FWIW...A friend of mine is a scout for the Kansas City Chiefs, a kid I played high school ball with. He said that Da'Rick Rogers was the equivalent to Vontaze Burfict. Every team wanted to take a chance, but it came down to who would be patient enough to see the experiment through...

"Taking chances on developing players like these, are what separates the good coaches and teams, from the rest."

I have always said the Bills will not be any good until they start drafting football players, instead of choir boys...Kiko Alonso was a good start. I sure hope they would not pass on a Jadaveon Clowney or Austin Seferian-Jenkins, simply because of some minor incidents in college.

Yes, the problem with the "entitled" generation is that they are not responsible to themselves. It's a sad way to go through life. They don't think anything they do is their fault, but must be others causing negative results of their actions. I'll be willing to bet that Marrone doesn't have this "entitled" view of the world. On the flip side, the problem with America is also that people want someone to be blamed for EVERYTHING. This has been going on for a long time. People put on death row, or given the death penalty and years after death finding out (by DNA testing) they were wrongfully accused. People need to blame someone, and even if its not that persons fault, they feel better knowing someone got the wrath of what ever law they broke.

Same thing here, people want heads right away. They want someone to blame. Why should Marrone and their staff have to answer for cutting an UDFA who didn't fit in their plans? A player who has done NOTHING in the NFL so far to justify you calling them out, as a matter of fact? What is the point of this thread and going back and forth about a moot point. It does not matter if he blows up and becomes the next super star. That does not make them wrong for cutting him for not fitting.

I get it, I understand. Years of futility causes a lot of bad feelings and bickering. I'll ask you, what does Marrone and his staff have to do with the prior years of futility? How can one bring that up as a real argument as to why they missed on Rodgers? It's laughable!

I agree with both of your observations of American society. Spot on!

As far as Rogers though, I just think the FO effed that one up. I said that the day he got cut. The catch he made in yesterday's playoff game is why I thought they needed to take a chance.

I still have confidence in Marrone and Co. Like what they are doing. They just screwed this one up big time. IMHO of course.

If Rogers fizzles out and does nothing next year or ever for that matter, was it still a terrible decision to cut him? Nope. I'd say it was great scouting. We'll see if he can turn his one playoff catch into something special.

Edited by KikoSeeBallKikoGetBall

If Rogers fizzles out and does nothing next year or ever for that matter, was it still a terrible decision to cut him? Nope. I'd say it was great scouting. We'll see if he can turn his one playoff catch into something special.

This thread will hit 80 pages when he makes big catches in the remaining playoff games and the board will crash upon him being named Superbowl MVP.

Can't wait.

GO BILLS!!!

It was nice to see DaRick out muscle the defender and haul in a nice 46 yard bomb in the playoff game against the Chiefs. That was a big play that set up a touchdown and helped the Colts win a great comeback game. The kid has to be happier than a pig in doo doo that the Bills let him go. He got a chance to hook on with a playoff team and now he gets the opportunity to play in the postseason That's something he would never get the opportunity to do with Buffalo. We all know about 14 years and still counting.

If you watched this kid in training camp you could see he had the talent and it would only be a matter of time before he excelled. To think the Bills kept Hogan instead of Rogers is enough to make you puke. It's mistakes like these that keep the Bills in last place year after year after year after year. They have been in last place in like forever.

:wallbash::oops:

Edited by littlelouie

Uhwhut?

Now the rest of this makes some sense.

This is my vow to never look past page 40.

Ridiculousness everywhere.

The legend of Da'rick. Cry about RussWilson, Foles, or even Ty Hilton.

(Iverson practice voice). We talking bout udfa w 1 catch?

We are better than this.

Imma make a pact with you on this one.