Woods injury may be key

Hplarrm

Woods will be missed, but not that much. This game will be about establishing the run, anyway. I think our other WRs are more than capable of filling the void. Everyone likes to look at WR injuries and worry about it, but there are a lot of ways to pass. Don't forget Fred and CJ can catch too. We have weapons...lots of them.

I hope EJ has been practicing the long ball to Goodwin. We need to take some shots deep to spread the field for the running game and that has been EJ's weakness

This. Goodwin is a real deep threat and EJ needs to improve that deep ball.

Woods has the goods underneath but Goodwin should really up our passing game IMO

well, at least we will stop hearing give "Easley a chance."

that is only going to stop if he sucks, on the other hand, if he shows promise...

good post.

This will let Stevie and EJ gain some chemistry. Plus dont forget about Chandler (if he can hang on to the catch) and CJ out the backfield, get the ball to him in space., Chan was good at that and its missing from this offence.

while not a dynamic, home run threat, fred jackson is also very good out of the backfield. good hands and i love how freddy finishes runs with a head of steam.

also, last couple games seemed to have more screen passes than the first few.

Edited by swnybillsfan

No offense to woods, but CJ and Freddy are the offense and its not close

Having Chris Hogan and Marcus Easley as our #1 and #2 receivers would be far more devastating to our offense than having Tashard Choice and a street F.A. (like Ronnie Wingo) as our top running backs.

Unfortunately, I think the coaching staffs reaction to the Woods injury will be to continue with their inexplicable love affair with TJ Graham. I believe he will get more snaps in Woods' absence, and continued futility will result. Speed is nice, but not that effective when combined with questionable hands, inability/unwillingness to fight for the football, and fumbling. Easley has proven his worth on special teams, and is cut from a different physical cloth than the rest of the Bills receiving corps. Give him some consistent snaps to show his worth, not just the odd play here and there. He may end up being more of a matchup problem than Graham due to his physical stature. Graham's speed is probably respected by opposing D's, but they seem to understand that he isn't much of a threat to actually complete the catch and a good hit will probably separate him from the ball.

We'll see what TJ does with a better caliber QB

that is only going to stop if he sucks, on the other hand, if he shows promise...

Well, I hope he comes out and shows more then promise. I would love to have 4 or 5 pro bowl WR's on this team. I don't care if it is Easley, Graham, Goodwin, Johnson and Woods, or Hogan, Easley, Justin Armour, whoever...I just want some good play.

Better QB won't give TJG better hands, more heart, or toughness. Goodwin is simply a much better Graham.

Better QB won't give TJG better hands, more toughness or heart. Goodwin is simply a much better Graham.

Sorry, screwed up that quote box.

Better QB won't give TJG better hands, more toughness or heart. Goodwin is simply a much better Graham.

Sorry, screwed up that quote box.

Heart... that's funny. You mean like when he chased down the player 99 yards on the INT? Or earlier in the season when he ran down the guy after the INT? Or that he hasn't been injured in his career? Yes, Goodwin has shown better hands. But, your point is so far off that I will not bother responding to it again.

TJ Graham being the whipping boy is just laughable.

Heart... that's funny. You mean like when he chased down the player 99 yards on the INT? Or earlier in the season when he ran down the guy after the INT? Or that he hasn't been injured in his career? Yes, Goodwin has shown better hands. But, your point is so far off that I will not bother responding to it again.

TJ Graham being the whipping boy is just laughable.

Response or not, he hasn't shown the heart/toughness to fight for footballs in traffic or take big hits without dropping passes/fumbling. Yeah, I like the response to seeing a takeaway, but we all know he can run fast. I just don't think the guy is a football player. My opinion may be different than yours, but I'm no fan of TJG. Goodwin has shown much more in his limited appearances to date.