Most disappointing losses in last 14 years

Pitta

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Remember the season opener at home against the Broncos? The Kevin Everett game? The Broncos had about 11 seconds, with no time outs, to rush a field goal unit onto the field, which they did, and of course nailed it. That was a rough game, left me speechless in the first row of the upper deck.

Even though it's close, last week's KC game might get an honorable mention, too. That pick six was absurd, especially considering the team marched down the field with Stevie completely wide open, burned the corner back. Talk about a gift -- you got burned in coverage by your man, but here's a TD for your failure. Think about: that drive was about as brilliant a masterpiece as one could hope for, and it ended with the other team getting 7 points.

I have vivid memories of all the games you've mentioned, except the Jets season opener. I blocked that one out; have no recollection.

But in terms of sheer improbability, the Dallas MNF game -- there was nothing like it. I remember after TO was ruled out of bounds on the two point conversion -- "oh, there is no way they'll get the onside kick." Then the onside kick, then the field goal, (time out) and then next field goal again. what was it 54 yards? What a ridiculous series of events.

Edited by MarkKelso'sHelmet

I agree with all who said the Monday night game against NE when McKelvin fumbled the kick off. It is a classic example of one guy putting his own interests above the team. Considering the history and then Jauron defending the decision it was a moment where all feelings mixed together....anger, frustration, sadness, bewilderment, depression and the complete desecration of hope and belief.

Why?

I agree with all who said the Monday night game against NE when McKelvin fumbled the kick off. It is a classic example of one guy putting his own interests above the team. Considering the history and then Jauron defending the decision it was a moment where all feelings mixed together....anger, frustration, sadness, bewilderment, depression and the complete desecration of hope and belief.

Why?

Dude you're picking at that scar too hard.

All McKelvin had to do was sit on the ball.

Why! Why? Why???!!!

1. Drove 5 hrs from Vegas to Phoenix and watch the 4-0 Bills get drubbed 41-17. Trent Edwards knocked out of the game in the first quarter and never the same after that. I remember an Ahole Cardinals fan busting my chops "way to go Buffalo" on the way out of the stadium and i replied, "congrats on beating our 1st round backup quarterback." Longggggg 5 hour drive home that night.

2. Weekend vacation with wife in San Diego, November 2005 to see the 4-4 Bills take on the Chargers. I remember looking over at another Bills fan gargle down his beer in the third quarter and look me straight in the eye, " This could get ugly." Bills lose 48-10 and the start of a 4 game losing streak. I was was born into being a Bills fan but my poor wife didn't ask for this but married it!

I have been lucky enough to attend the following games-

2012 Home Opener Bills drub the Chiefs 35-17

2011 Home Opener 4th down win over Raiders 38-35

1991 Bills at the Coliseum, Raiders payback game after the 1990 AFC Championship Blowout in Buffalo. Norwood hits a field goal to win it in over time. I remember slinking out of the stadium and subtly high fiving whispering bills fans hoping not to get knifed!

1997 At the Ralph, Bills second biggest comeback in history vs Colts 37-35. Colts up 26-0 and Bills roar back with Todd Collins at QB. Colts miss a 2 point conversion and the rest is history. I still have family members who deny leaving early but I know better!

One more good Bills memory to share. Watching the 1992 Bills vs Oilers playoffs game at my sisters apartment. Get a call at halftime from my future brother in law at a Houston playoff party to rub in the Oilers 28-3 lead. I told everyone at my sisters place, "it ain't over!" I remember smiling ear to ear when the game ended. The Houston party goers were lucky that caller ID was in its infancy.

Reading the other posts is disheartening but "good things come to those who wait".

"Hope is a good thing."

I will cry like a baby when we finally win it all! Go Bills!!

6-3 loss to Cleveland in 2009. Made more embarrassing by the fact that it was a beautiful October day. There was no good reason for either team to be so bad. But it was the worst football game I have ever witnessed at any level.

6-3 loss to Cleveland in 2009. Made more embarrassing by the fact that it was a beautiful October day. There was no good reason for either team to be so bad. But it was the worst football game I have ever witnessed at any level.

i'd even take it further: to me, it was the worst sporting event i'd ever witnessed, at any level. I've enjoyed division three women's soccer games more than that game, and i love the NFL. that was a horrifying display by both teams: Dick Jauron's team against Eric Magini's. The Jauron years still haunt me, those teams took all the fun out of football.