Terry Mcauliffe Wins Virginia

Tiberius

The left is very good at calling people names and getting it to stick. The Tea Party platforms I've seen usually explicitly denounce any social agenda. Even you got sucked in to calling Tea Party members tea baggers. I agree though, I would advise any candidate to not claim he likes balls in his face.

Liberals, preaching and demanding tolerance to all. Except anyone who doesn't agree with them

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What makes you think the Tea Party wants to ruin the credit of the country?

ask the chamber of commerce http://www.washingto...f484_story.html. and this: http://www.forbes.com/sites/dougschoen/2013/11/06/a-win-for-the-republican-establishment-in-alabamas-1st-congressional-district/ they funded the alabama establishment candidate that ran and won against the tea party candidate. after their success they vow to do more of the same to support the "governing" republicans (their term). oh, and btw, is christie welcomed back with open arms now/? they're gonna need a bigger tent.

The left is very good at calling people names and getting it to stick.

now that's the pot calling the kettle black. you do listen to far right radio, don't you? they're very easy to imitate. unfortunately it's a tactic that works far to well. Edited by birdog1960

Fair or not, the tea bagger brand is tarnished. The left has successfully drawn an association in the minds of the masses between Tea baggers and the most uptight, stuffy, socially conservative segments of the Republican party. If I were advising a R candidate I'd tell him to keep the stated tea bagger agenda, but drop the moniker.

They also successfully linked the religious nuts.

Virginia is a whacky state. Western Virginia is more akin to Eastern Tennessee or Southeastern Kentucky, or Western North Carolina. Recreate the states and you'll have all that Appalachia as one little state - like that one map showed.

They also successfully linked the religious nuts.

Virginia is a whacky state. Western Virginia is more akin to Eastern Tennessee or Southeastern Kentucky, or Western North Carolina. Recreate the states and you'll have all that Appalachia as one little state - like that one map showed.

mostly. you're forgetting roanoke,knoxville, asheville,boone, louisville etc. it's still pretty conservative overall but slowly changing...damn yankees!

ask the chamber of commerce http://www.washingto...f484_story.html. and this: http://www.forbes.co...ional-district/ they funded the alabama establishment candidate that ran and won against the tea party candidate. after their success they vow to do more of the same to support the "governing" republicans (their term). oh, and btw, is christie welcomed back with open arms now/? they're gonna need a bigger tent.

now that's the pot calling the kettle black. you do listen to far right radio, don't you? they're very easy to imitate. unfortunately it's a tactic that works far to well.

From the guy who delights in calling Tea Party members "tea baggers".

mostly. you're forgetting roanoke,knoxville, asheville,boone, louisville etc. it's still pretty conservative overall but slowly changing...damn yankees!

You are not joking. I meet older couples, usually older women (55+) who have no problem telling me their opinions about how things are going. You can meet a lot of them here. You can see them at Walmart looking stuck up and snooty or at Williams-Sonoma just "browsing." They'll hold the contempt for their community in check when in public but when you speak to them you will quickly see their narrow minded ill temperament for Joe Six Pack, Johnny Reb, and all those sweet southern stereo types. They'll tell you how those folks just do not understand how unfortunate they are because they've been kept down. They won't understand how much they are missing and how much they've been oppressed.

These women drive me crazy. One of my neighbors is this type and was/is mad I am fighting the DOT on the whole bridge. Saying I am the type that is standing in the way of development and the betterment of this country.

You are not joking. I meet older couples, usually older women (55+) who have no problem telling me their opinions about how things are going. You can meet a lot of them here. You can see them at Walmart looking stuck up and snooty or at Williams-Sonoma just "browsing." They'll hold the contempt for their community in check when in public but when you speak to them you will quickly see their narrow minded ill temperament for Joe Six Pack, Johnny Reb, and all those sweet southern stereo types. They'll tell you how those folks just do not understand how unfortunate they are because they've been kept down. They won't understand how much they are missing and how much they've been oppressed.

These women drive me crazy. One of my neighbors is this type and was/is mad I am fighting the DOT on the whole bridge. Saying I am the type that is standing in the way of development and the betterment of this country.

are you certain they're all liberals, though? birkenstocks are a dead giveaway.

are you certain they're all liberals, though? birkenstocks are a dead giveaway.

The neighbor had Obama signs in her yard the last two elections. She flat out told me that "Republicans are going to damn well lead you down the wrong path and lie right to your face to get you to follow them." She had no idea my political alliances, either.

The ladies that are liberal? Yes, it's very easy to see. My girlfriends mother is a Democrat (her father a Republican). She did real estate on the side but mostly lived off her husband who was a high earner directing the marketing operations of a very large bank based out of NC. She is as racist and judgmental of a B word as you will find, too.

Trust me, once you know how to notice them you'll figure it out real quick on who is who...

Fair or not, the tea bagger brand is tarnished. The left has successfully drawn an association in the minds of the masses between Tea baggers and the most uptight, stuffy, socially conservative segments of the Republican party. If I were advising a R candidate I'd tell him to keep the stated tea bagger agenda, but drop the moniker.

I think that was mostly true until Obamacare started falling apart. The countless calls to repeal Obamacare seemed crazy until the shutdown ended and everyone saw what an unbelievable failure Obamacare is...and how right the Tea Party was about it.

Notice you don't see stories about that nutjob Ted Cruz anymore, right?

Why?

Because he's strictly known now as the crazy guy who said Obamacare was a monstrous failure.

Take a minute and read this article from Stephen Kruiser. He nails it, and this is what people are starting to see.

This New York Times article almost deserves a sentence by sentence examination but let's just grab a couple of chunks and look at them.

After the budget standoff ended in crushing defeat last week and the political damage reports began to pile up for Republicans, one longtime party leader after another stepped forward to chastise their less seasoned,
-inspired colleagues who drove the losing strategy.

“Let’s face it: it was not a good maneuver,” Senator Orrin G. Hatch of Utah, the senior Senate Republican and supporter of the deal that ended the showdown, said on Thursday in an interview from his Capitol Hill office. “And that’s when you’ve got to have the adults running the thing.”

Hatch is indeed "seasoned". Four hundred and thirty seven years old and serving his fiftieth term (okay maybe only his seventh) in the Senate, Hatch can not only win elections but will more than likely survive the zombie apocalypse.

By the way, Hatch was first elected to the Senate largely by campaigning on the premise that his three term incumbent opponent had been in Washington too long. You can't make this stuff up.

The adults Hatch mentions are the same grown-up election winners who brought the Republican party to the point where it was helpless to stop the passage of Obamacare.

These same adults also spent the last debt ceiling showdown whining about Ted Cruz rather than discussing the ticking time bomb of debt that will one day blow up this economy. These adults actually sped up the countdown timer on the bomb.

But, hey, winning elections and stuff.

Oh, the "political damage" from the "crushing defeat" was so overwhelming for the GOP that less than three weeks later President Obama's job approval hit an all-time low.

Is Demography Political Destiny?

Yesterday’s Virginia election showed, once again, that marriage matters when it comes to voting, and — judging by exit polls — as much as more heralded factors — gender, age, and education — for instance. In fact, in CNN’s exit poll, marital status was a better predictor of voting in Virginia’s race than was gender, age, and education. McAuliffe bested Cuccinelli by nine percentage points among women, but he bested Cuccinelli by a staggering 33 percentage points among unmarrieds. And Cuccinelli bested McAuliffe by seven percentage points among the marrieds. So the next time you hear about a “gender gap” in voting think instead about a “marriage gap” in voting. Because marriage is more closely correlated with partisan trends in voting than are many of the factors that garner more press attention, such as gender.

The connection between marriage and voting was nicely drawn today by Mollie Hemingway, who wrote, “The more we move away from a marriage culture, the more we move to a government culture.” This comment mystified a number of her readers, including New York Times writer John Schwartz, who called it a “non-sequitur.”

But as both Ross Douthat and Paul Krugman have pointed out, people — especially parents — who are unmarried are more likely to be susceptible to the vagaries of life. That is, they do not have as much economic, social, and emotional support from a dedicated partner; consequently, as Douthat and Krugman both contend, they are probably more likely to rely on public policies to help navigate life. If they are right, one reason that unmarried Americans are now much more likely to vote Democratic than their married fellow citizens is that they think the Democratic party is more likely to give them the economic and practical support and security they need to flourish.

All this suggests that the nation’s ongoing retreat from marriage, more than its shifting racial and ethnic composition, could have big implications for the voting habits of Americans in the coming decades.

Edited by B-Man

The left is very good at calling people names and getting it to stick. The Tea Party platforms I've seen usually explicitly denounce any social agenda. Even you got sucked in to calling Tea Party members tea baggers. I agree though, I would advise any candidate to not claim he likes balls in his face.

sucked in? I took it back.

I think that was mostly true until Obamacare started falling apart. The countless calls to repeal Obamacare seemed crazy until the shutdown ended and everyone saw what an unbelievable failure Obamacare is...and how right the Tea Party was about it.

Notice you don't see stories about that nutjob Ted Cruz anymore, right?

Why?

Because he's strictly known now as the crazy guy who said Obamacare was a monstrous failure.

Take a minute and read this article from Stephen Kruiser. He nails it, and this is what people are starting to see.

I want this to be right. I know some people are noticing but I think most are not paying much attention. I feel better about the Bills chances of playoffs than I do the political outlook of the country.

The neighbor had Obama signs in her yard the last two elections. She flat out told me that "Republicans are going to damn well lead you down the wrong path and lie right to your face to get you to follow them." She had no idea my political alliances, either.

The ladies that are liberal? Yes, it's very easy to see. My girlfriends mother is a Democrat (her father a Republican). She did real estate on the side but mostly lived off her husband who was a high earner directing the marketing operations of a very large bank based out of NC. She is as racist and judgmental of a B word as you will find, too.

Trust me, once you know how to notice them you'll figure it out real quick on who is who...

over 51% of the american electorate vote for obama in 2012. do you believe them all to be liberals?

over 51% of the american electorate vote for obama in 2012. do you believe them all to be liberals?

no just fundamentally flawed in their rationality and ability to make an informed decision. Not that Romney was the answer. The answer was none of the above. Most people can't make a decision for the better to save their life. That is why we are a fat, uneducated, ignorant, star !@#$ing and intollerent country. The world is not all that better. Or worse. Responsibility has been removed from this world.

The Tea Party wasn't right about anything you fool. They didn't see or complain about a coming computer glich they were just bitching and moaning about the expansion of health care. Purely partisan bitching. And how would have ruining the full faith and credit of thse United States have helped or made this better? You clowns got lucky SOMETHING went went. Enjoy the fact that your fellow citizens are having trouble getting health care insurance while you can. Even blind a--holes find something sometimes.

The Tea Party wasn't right about anything you fool. They didn't see or complain about a coming computer glich they were just bitching and moaning about the expansion of health care. Purely partisan bitching. And how would have ruining the full faith and credit of thse United States have helped or made this better? You clowns got lucky SOMETHING went went. Enjoy the fact that your fellow citizens are having trouble getting health care insurance while you can. Even blind a--holes find something sometimes.

Do you type with your nose?

And when you suggest we should enjoy watching fellow citizens have trouble getting health care, is that kind of like how you laugh about Americans being left for dead in Benghazi by the WH...or how you enjoy millions upon millions LOSING their health care? Hard to tell with you progs. You seem so eager to embrace misery for all.

you say something like this and call someone else a fool at the same time? do you not yet realize that it was easier to get health care BEFORE this idiotic law was enacted? purely partisan bitching??? what the hell do you call every syllable that stutters its way out of that vacuous head of yours? you should consider putting that helmet back on and picking up your crayons again.