so we will go 10-6

KikO M G

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think 8-8 is cause for celebration with this group. What I would do to get the Cincinnati and NE games back though.

I'm with you on this one...I'd be pleased with an 8-8 record given all the injuries, etc. the Bills have had to battle through this year.

Even though the second half of the Bills schedule is much easier than the first half, winning 7 out of the next 8 games is a lot to ask.

I love how this thread shows up every season at this time. "Hear me out......"

I know. The 3-5 Bills are going to easily beat the 8-0 Chiefs. It could happen of course, but the same people saying this are the same ones predicting an easy win against the Saints yesterday. Nothing wrong with a little blind optimism I suppose. Particularly when we can't look to the Sabres for any success.

Edited by CodeMonkey

I love the optimism ... I really just want to see some back to back wins ... get some kind of streak going. "IF" they can pull off a win against KC then I think they might make a little run but I this is a young team and there are bound to be a let down at some point.

Edited by cklapka

The Bills are currently 3-5, and in reality only face two teams with winning records in the next 8 games. 9-7 a good possibility.

Ya know what tho, even 7-9 is an improvement over Gailey - Jauron considering the QB's this season.

8-0 Chiefs*

@ 2-5 Steelers

4-4 Jets

bye week

2-5 Falcons

@ 0-7 Bucs

@ 0-8 Jags

3-4 Dolphins

@ 6-2 Patriots*

Edited by FeartheLosing

What happens if the Chiefs handily beat us?

Their D is legit, and the way Thad has been protecting the ball and dealing with pressure, I could see 2-4 turnovers leading to points for our opponent. And I don't see our O being able to keep up.

That would make for an interesting last game of the season, we could be 9-6 with a playoff berth on the line against NE.

Edited by peterpan

The way the second WC spot looks right now, it'll probably be a 9-7 team and come down to tie breakers. KC is the season: a win could put them on their way; a loss and they're done.

Disagree. After KC the Bills' opponents have a combined record of 17-35. They could lose to KC and still go 6-1 against those teams. Though I agree the math and the momentum is much better with an upset win against the Chiefs.

Honestly if the Bills can't get 8-8 with the soft schedule they have the rest of the way, then I am completely wrong about them being better than the past few years and they might as well start another rebuild next season. But I fully expect 8-8 with what I've seen from them so far this year.

If you watch the games, there is no way you can't see this team is way better than the past two 6-10 teams.

If you watch the games, there is no way you can't see this team is way better than the past two 6-10 teams.

I agree that the defense looks much better. I haven't seen improvement in the offense as of yet. With or without Manuel. Probably due to not many offensive roster changes over last season combined with a rookie QB (and recent PS QB) and coaching staff.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Disagree. After KC the Bills' opponents have a combined record of 17-35. They could lose to KC and still go 6-1 against those teams. Though I agree the math and the momentum is much better with an upset win against the Chiefs.

Honestly if the Bills can't get 8-8 with the soft schedule they have the rest of the way, then I am completely wrong about them being better than the past few years and they might as well start another rebuild next season. But I fully expect 8-8 with what I've seen from them so far this year.

What I meant by "done" was that their playoff chances would slip to < 5% (IMO); and if they win, I think their playoff chances exceed 50% based on your argument about schedule, and that I believe the last WC spot will come out of the AFCE.

Realistically

KC - tough loss at home

Steelers - we get the snot kicked out of us

Jets - they do to us what they always do to us (Loss)

BYE - moral victory

Falcons - Still too much for the bills (Loss)

Jags - horrible team (Win)

TB - awful team but we still Lose

NE - get real (Loss)

Realistically

KC - tough loss at home

BYE - moral victory

NE - get real (Loss)

Dude, seriously. Do you follow football at all? I barely do except for the Bills but even I know the Stillers are 2-5 this year so far and lost to the freaking Raiders this past weekend.

If Manuel is back by then I'd be very disappointed if the Bills lost that game much less have "the snot kicked out of us".

Realistically

KC - tough loss at home

BYE - moral victory

NE - get real (Loss)

Troll post of the year.

The combined record of our 8 opponents to date: 35-25 (22-15 out of division).

The combined record of our next 8 opponents: 25-35 (12-25 out of division, with 8 of those wins being KC)

And if we all feel we can handle KC next week, who's to say we can't fight for 9-10 wins?

Thats crazy to think about so if we beat KC the combined record of who we played will be at least 43-26. Then estimating our other opponents go .500 this week which isnt likely we will be up against 21-38. Which will probably be closer to 19-40. I really like our chances to go 10-6. I bet we have our hopes dashed at NE.