so we will go 10-6

KikO M G

Realistically

KC - tough loss at home

Steelers - we get the snot kicked out of us

Jets - they do to us what they always do to us (Loss)

BYE - moral victory

Falcons - Still too much for the bills (Loss)

Jags - horrible team (Win)

TB - awful team but we still Lose

NE - get real (Loss)

The BYE being a moral victory by it's self makes this a great post :lol:

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Surprised to see the line for Sunday at Bills +3.5. And already read that one writer for Bleacher Report is picking the Bills to win straight up.

CBS has 5-2 Bills with the spread and 4-3 Bills straight up.

Which team is 3-5 and which 8-0? ;)

My favorite simulation site (http://www.sportsclu...st/Buffalo.html) has the most likely ending as the Bills going 4-4 the remainder of the season to finish the season 7-9. And their overall playoff chances at 5.9%.

Edited by CodeMonkey

The only thing that matters is if we go 3-6 or 4-5. Getting our fourth win out of the way in our ninth game is what matters for this team.

I don't like Lewis vs KC D as our matchup, and am concerned about turnovers, but I like our chances of running the ball and limiting their offense. We need Lewis to be somewhat efficient and avoid turnovers...i.e. more like Alex Smith that he faces this week than trying to be Drew Brees who he faced last week.

Our future schedule has some good things in it, and getting EJ back to continue his development AND increase our chances of winning games this year will be nice. But right now the difference between 3-6 and 4-5 is huge, and winning the game at hand is the key to our season (as it always is!).

I don't know. They've pretty much performed as expected (for me) to this point, and I could see them finishing 9-7. Looking at that remaining schedule, there's a TON on winnable games in there. If they can win the KC game, I think the Bills will be in position to be right there for that last playoff spot. We're only a game and a half out right now, and we have a relatively easy schedule coming up. We'll likely need that NE game at the end of the season though, and we all know how that will turn out.

6 - 10, if tremendously lucky....

So you're saying the Bills would be "tremendously lucky" to beat three teams who currently have fewer wins combined than the Bills (and one of those wins came when one of those teams played one of the other two)?

I know. The 3-5 Bills are going to easily beat the 8-0 Chiefs. It could happen of course, but the same people saying this are the same ones predicting an easy win against the Saints yesterday. Nothing wrong with a little blind optimism I suppose. Particularly when we can't look to the Sabres for any success.

I get where you are coming from, but they are different animals completely. For the record, I've been saying we'll probably lose to the Saints (but we can and should dream), but have a solid chance to beat the Chiefs. The Saints game was in New Orleans, the Saints have been a top team off-and-on for years, and their only loss was by 3 in New England. The Chiefs game is in Buffalo, KC has benefited from an incredibly easy schedule, it is a classic trap game (as the Broncos are up next on the Chiefs schedule), and the Bills have a recent history of having KC's number.

I'm not saying it's a sure win or even 50/50, but it's a very winnable game...and if the Bills can pull this off, then they should not face a game in which they are underdogs until the final game at New England.

I get where you are coming from, but they are different animals completely. For the record, I've been saying we'll probably lose to the Saints (but we can and should dream), but have a solid chance to beat the Chiefs. The Saints game was in New Orleans, the Saints have been a top team off-and-on for years, and their only loss was by 3 in New England. The Chiefs game is in Buffalo, KC has benefited from an incredibly easy schedule, it is a classic trap game (as the Broncos are up next on the Chiefs schedule), and the Bills have a recent history of having KC's number.

I'm not saying it's a sure win or even 50/50, but it's a very winnable game...and if the Bills can pull this off, then they should not face a game in which they are underdogs until the final game at New England.

A lot of pundits (at least at CBS) seem to agree that this is a very winnable game for the Bills. But with a PS QB, Spiller probably out, and SJ13 hobbling at least I have a hard time seeing the Bills putting points up against the Chiefs D. But hey, you never know.

A lot of pundits (at least at CBS) seem to agree that this is a very winnable game for the Bills. But with a PS QB, Spiller probably out, and SJ13 hobbling at least I have a hard time seeing the Bills putting points up against the Chiefs D. But hey, you never know.

Is Spiller probaby out?

4 of 7 CBS "experts" and 2 of 6 sbnation "experts" have picked the Bills to win this week. 3 of 12 bleacher report experts also pick the Bills.

So for a team that is 3-5 going up against a team that is 8-0, I think it says something that 36% of online "experts" are picking the Bills. Remember, NO ONE from these sites picked then to beat Baltimore and only 2 had them beating MIA.

4 of 7 CBS "experts" and 2 of 6 sbnation "experts" have picked the Bills to win this week. 3 of 12 bleacher report experts also pick the Bills.

So for a team that is 3-5 going up against a team that is 8-0, I think it says something that 36% of online "experts" are picking the Bills. Remember, NO ONE from these sites picked then to beat Baltimore and only 2 had them beating MIA.

4 out of 8 at CBS actually.

And (almost?) none had the Bills beating NO.

Edited by CodeMonkey

Man, some of you guys are even more pessimistic them myself, which is unusual to say the least.

I can see the Bills winning 5 more games, and finishing 8-8. Mostly because that defense should only get better.

Once SJ & Spiller get healthy, and if a QB steps up and plays better they could win more then 8 games this year. Part of the big problem has been the protections of the O line, and not just those 5. The RB's and TE's have been failing to make key blocks. Which is not really the lines fault as its the QB's job to read the defense, call protections, and set hot reads. I gotta wonder if Flynn would do a better job.

Edited by FeartheLosing

According to the cleaning lady I spoke with, the Chiefs are looking past this opponent and they're gonna get "dusted" Sunday. She has wagered her mop collection on Buffalo. Her research also suggests the Bills will "sweep" the remainder of their schedule.

Seems to think we will "clean" their clock and it will all come out in the "wash" even if there are injuries.

So I'm going with her assessment. Its as good as any.

Edited by jaybee

According to the cleaning lady I spoke with, the Chiefs are looking past this opponent and they're gonna get "dusted" Sunday. She has wagered her mop collection on Buffalo. Her research also suggests the Bills will "sweep" the remainder of their schedule.

Seems to think we will "clean" their clock and it will all come out in the "wash" even if there are injuries.

So I'm going with her assessment. Its as good as any.

Yeah yeah but is she hot?