Dollar Shave Club is branching out....

Just Jack

Seriously, is it bad to flush them? Never had an issue before.

We will find out as the years drag on.

I heard that even when they say flushable that they really aren't good for the system... Esepcially later down the line? That municipal sewer systems (processing) hate them... They really don't break down like they should.

But... You do move a lot? ;-) ;-)

I would be even more leary to use them in a private septic system.

Couple that w/the talk about "low flow" toliets and how the years will tell if that has been a good idea.

We will find out as the years drag on.

I heard that even when they say flushable that they really aren't good for the system... Esepcially later down the line? That municipal sewer systems (processing) hate them... They really don't break down like they should.

But... You do move a lot? ;-) ;-)

I would be even more leary to use them in a private septic system.

Couple that w/the talk about "low flow" toliets and how the years will tell if that has been a good idea.

Good to know. I have moved a lot over the years, but I just bought a house in August so I now have to "own" all household repairs. Speaking of clogged sewer lines, in undergrad I lived in a house with 4 other guys. We essentially destroyed the plumbing in the house by flushing rubbers down the toilet...haha. Our landlord was so pissed.

Good to know. I have moved a lot over the years, but I just bought a house in August so I now have to "own" all household repairs. Speaking of clogged sewer lines, in undergrad I lived in a house with 4 other guys. We essentially destroyed the plumbing in the house by flushing rubbers down the toilet...haha. Our landlord was so pissed.

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-201_162-57604118/

http://www.nbcnews.com/science/fatberg-dead-ahead-15-tons-slime-wet-naps-clog-london-6C10843060

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2405674/Fatbergs-grease-baby-wipes-blocking-sewers-Denver.html

Seriously, is it bad to flush them? Never had an issue before.

We used whatever brand they were called probably ten years ago. It resulted in a costly visit by the plumber, who said NEVER to use them again.

YUCK! Thanks for the links!

Get this, back in the 1960's, my in-laws said they were entertaining some friends. One friend brought their baby. They were using this new fangled invention called: The disposable diaper. LoL. The mother actually attempted to flush the thing down my in-law's toilet! LoL... Boy was my father-in-law PO'd when he had to call a plumber. People are insane! Just think how huge first generation disposable diapers must have been and this lady attempted to flush the thing!! LoL.

We used whatever brand they were called probably ten years ago. It resulted in a costly visit by the plumber, who said NEVER to use them again.

Testimonial! Sorry for your pain... One time my father had to call the plumber and the plumber was asking: "You sure any females aren't flushing you know what?" "Oh no, not in my house!" Boy was he ticked off when the plumber rodded the sewer and dragged every rag this side of Niagara Falls out of that line! LoL

Gee plumbing stories never get old... LoL

I demand nothing but single ply, 1,000 square feet rolls... Heck, they say facial tissue may even be to strong! Look for: "Septic Safe."

;-)

Edited by ExiledInIllinois