It's only cheating if you get caught

Gary M

1. It was the right call, just an odd time for it be called for the VERY FIRST TIME EVER.

2. The Jets did the same thing on the tying FG near the end of regulation, but no call. (Thats just weird.)

3. Its over, it happened and even being down 5 starters on D the Jests needed OT beat the Pats at HOME! Hardly something thump your chest out over.

LOL was easy was in the same game, l;itterally less than 20 minutes apart. again over and done with.

The reason it was called for the first time is because Rex Ryan (AFTER doing it himself) directly mentioned it to the officials. Obviously, Ryan was saving it for a critical part of the game. He knew officials generally weren't looking for it, so he pointed it out. That's one of the reasons why it was so smart. It's not weird at all, but more a logical sequence in a bit of gamesmanship between coaches.

I'm impartial. I can't stand either team.

Edited by Marauder'sMicro

The reason it was called for the first time is because Rex Ryan (AFTER doing it himself) directly mentioned it to the officials. Obviously, Ryan was saving it for a critical part of the game. He knew officials generally weren't looking for it, so he pointed it out. That's one of the reasons why it was so smart. It's not weird at all, but more a logical sequence in a bit of gamesmanship between coaches.

^^^ This ^^^

It was a brilliant move against the cheating hoodie! LoL Dude Belicheat didn't even see it coming when he was blindsided by toe jam Rex tipping off the refs! LoL

Yeah, Rex is a douchebag like Bellyache... But it is comical to see "The Nerdy/Aloof Genius" get beat down and out smarted by the big big dummy! That is why I love Rex more and more. He provides good theater. He is there front and center w/the media, refs, etc... Belicheat knows he is doing things wrong and unethical, @ least stand tall and take it like a man when he gets bested @ his own game! Same thing when Coughlin hid his practices for the Super Bowls. After the game, Belicheat looks like the douchebag in math class that thought he had the answers prior to the test only to find out the teacher scrambled the questions! LoL

Agree completely. He shrewdly used it. Outcoached Bellichick.

By the way, why does anyone even do that push? Has that ever worked? Seems unlikely.