Blame the corporations.

Gary M

• Replies 164
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this is corporate welfare, plain and simple. i started an entire thread on this: a living, minimum wage versus welfare. the actual numbers make it all the more compelling. increasing the minimum wage will lower govt subsidies and costs and increase tax revenues. the first part is what yall cons are always squaking about, non? what's uniquely wrong with cutting gov't spending via this mechanism?

this is corporate welfare, plain and simple. i started an entire thread on this: a living, minimum wage versus welfare. the actual numbers make it all the more compelling. increasing the minimum wage will lower govt subsidies and costs and increase tax revenues. the first part is what yall cons are always squaking about, non? what's uniquely wrong with cutting gov't spending via this mechanism?

The part that you never seem to understand is that the 'wacko cons' on this board have NEVER argued that the reason NOT to increase the minimum wage is so that companies will show a better profit margin. Until you try to fully understand why folks who are against a minimum wage increase are saying what they're saying, you and anyone having a discussion with you will continue to feel like you're each pounding your head against the wall.

The part that you never seem to understand is that the 'wacko cons' on this board have NEVER argued that the reason NOT to increase the minimum wage is so that companies will show a better profit margin. Until you try to fully understand why folks who are against a minimum wage increase are saying what they're saying, you and anyone having a discussion with you will continue to feel like you're each pounding your head against the wall.

So where does the extra cost of raising the wage come from?

It sure as heck won't be from profits.

http://finance.yahoo.com/news/mcdonald%E2%80%99s-new--dollar-menu--goes-up-to--5-144930006.html

You're right we have to limit CEO pay to the historic 20x the average workers pay.

LOL.

right on cue....................................how dare a private company decide how much a CEO gets ?

What about fairness ?

LOL.

right on cue....................................how dare a private company decide how much a CEO gets ?

What about fairness ?

they can decide any pay they like all the way up to 20x the average worker salary- I will also allow the stockholders to voluntarily tip them, am I not merciful

Who would this benefit?

The world

the double negative has confused me. you're saying that the profit motivation is enough to warrant the sub living wage or you're not? either way, increasing the minimum wage may well increase the cost of goods (especially cheap goods like pink slime burgers). but those costs will be spread over the populace (perhaps even more concentrated on lower wage earners) so it amounts to a flat tax. and if less is spent on welfare because of this. taxes in general can decrease or require less of an increase. isn't that exactly what the repubs want? why the obstructionism?

the double negative has confused me. you're saying that the profit motivation is enough to warrant the sub living wage or you're not? either way, increasing the minimum wage may well increase the cost of goods (especially cheap goods like pink slime burgers). but those costs will be spread over the populace (perhaps even more concentrated on lower wage earners) so it amounts to a flat tax. and if less is spent on welfare because of this. taxes in general can decrease or require less of an increase. isn't that exactly what the repubs want? why the obstructionism?

Take away the government assistance. Then people will demand they get paid more and market forces will cause that to happen. Then the cost of the burger goes up for those that choose to eat that **** on a regular basis and my taxes go down. I like it.

No. What I'm saying is that 'Repubs' are NOT arguing that we should keep min. wage where it is so that companies can make more money. They're concerned that this would actually lead to less people being employed. Hurting the very people you're trying to help.

they can decide any pay they like all the way up to 20x the average worker salary- I will also allow the stockholders to voluntarily tip them, am I not merciful

The world

In what way?