Could be 7 - 0 or 0 - 7

Gasjuggler

I think you could argue this either way. Bills are 7-0 or 0-7. So I guess 3 - 4 is middle of the road. Kudos to the Bills and coaching staff to achieve this with all the injuries and doing this with a rookie QB and a practice squad QB. I think there is nothing but up for this team. They remind me of the 88,89 Bills.

or 1-6, 2-5, 4-3. 5-2.......

'88 defense was much better than this one.

the 88 defense was 3rd in points allowed and 4th in yards allowed. so yea, way, way better! Plus the Bills went to the AFC Championship game that year after a 12-4 season.

This doesn't feel like 88 to me, Marv had lots of previous HCing experience, and as was pointed out the defense / QBing with Jim Kelly was far superior. Kelly spent time developing in the USFL under Mouse Davis utilizing the "run and shoot" offense so he wasn't a real raw.

If anything this somehow feels more like 85-86 with QB Vince Ferragamo- Bruce Mathison at QB. :lol:

we are an improving team and making for good close games throughout. That being said eight wins would be a major accomplishment, and nine would be outstanding. I'm liking the way we are going and this is the first year I have confidence in the coaching and in the team, despite some unfortunate injuries. I don't see us in the 88-89 bills class, but I see us being the best teams we have had since 2004.

I should add they remind me of the 88,89 Bills with the exception of experience at QB.

More 87 to me...could see the team coming together...could see Jimbo and the offense getting into a rhythm , the young guys learning how to make plays and late and win close games, didn't make the playoffs that year(strike as well) , but you just felt really good about them for 88

More 87 to me...could see the team coming together...could see Jimbo and the offense getting into a rhythm , the young guys learning how to make plays and late and win close games, didn't make the playoffs that year(strike as well) , but you just felt really good about them for 88

Yup, definitely more '87 than '88. They actually look more like the '86 Bills, without the locker room revolt against the coach.

Yep. Every game has been interesting down to the final 2 minutes. I guess that means we're a profoundly mediocre team. Not good enough to crush opponents. Not bad enough to get crushed.

So we should be either 4-3 or 3-4. But now what? With NO and KC looming, are we going to fall to 3-6? I'll be real excited about the potential of this team if we can go 1-1 in our next two games.

If Marrone gets this team to 9-7 he should win coach of the year.

Missing the top 3 CBs and FS for 5 weeks. His starting QB for 2.5 (and counting) starting a PS QB and not having a LG for weeks, two banged up backs and we are a game below 500.

I have been very impressed with the coaching staff and I would love to see what this team looks like fully healthy

Yep. Every game has been interesting down to the final 2 minutes. I guess that means we're a profoundly mediocre team. Not good enough to crush opponents. Not bad enough to get crushed.

So we should be either 4-3 or 3-4. But now what? With NO and KC looming, are we going to fall to 3-6? I'll be real excited about the potential of this team if we can go 1-1 in our next two games.

I'm not looking past the Saints nor am I checking it off as a loss. Good team in their house.

Chiefs are going to be in the Bills house. I posted this in a different thread, the Chiefs have played one team with a record of .500 or better, the Bills have played five.

Edited by chris heff

I said the same thing to some friends Sunday. We could easily be 7-0 or 0-7. It has been a crazy year. I think we are exactly where I'd expect us to be in our rebuilding this year. Except EJ has been injured. I would love to see an 9-7 record and it is not out of the question, bit 8-8 is more realistic. They are playing entertaining football with an opportunity to win every weekend.