Here's proof Marcus Thigpen was down at the 33

I didn't think his knee ever touched down, and that photo doesn't prove it. His hand is right next to his knee on the photo, and there is some distance between the hand and knee.

Bottom line, it doesn't matter.

I believe, based on what happened yesterday in the Pittsburgh game, kickoffs aren't reviewable.

For those who didn't see the Pittsburgh game, in the final minute Emmanuel Sanders looked like he returned a kickoff for a TD. One of the officials thought he stepped out. The ref came over the PA and said he was out of bounds(it was really close) and that it wasn't reviewable.

My guess would be that it wasn't reviewable because the play was blown dead. AT that point, it doesn't matter if he scores because the defense is supposed to hear the whistle and stop pursuit.

if he actually touched him, yes. but if thigpen juked/tripped himself while avoiding carpenter it would not. honestly, i dont recall the exact interaction between the two, but id think he atleast touched him.

He had hit then tried staying up but knee hit, still contact made by tackler so he SHOULD have been stopped at 33. Thats a HUGE missed call and very easily could have cost us the game. With no timeouts, and an extra 13 yards which is 1 nice pass play with guy getting out of bounds. Phins basically only need about 15-20 yards rather than over 30 to get into FG range. Obviously, in hindsight, it doesnt matter cuz we won but i was cursing at screen and couldnt believe replay official didnt take look at it. We escaped with a win which is huge for team after losing last 2 in heartbreaking fashion.

if i recall the replay on cbs showed his knee stayed up... barely.

Yes...It looked like Tannehills's knee did stay off the ground based on the replay...

To the OP's point I had no idea it was this close when I watched it live...That's a HUGE miss by the booth to not at least take a look at it...I'm pretty sure that is review-able because the play continued...That's a 13 yard miss...And that 13 yards could have cost The Bills that game, seeing as though the lead was only 2 points...You would think on a Kickoff they would have plenty of time to look at it, and catch it...Figures... <_<

I believe, based on what happened yesterday in the Pittsburgh game, kickoffs aren't reviewable.

For those who didn't see the Pittsburgh game, in the final minute Emmanuel Sanders looked like he returned a kickoff for a TD. One of the officials thought he stepped out. The ref came over the PA and said he was out of bounds(it was really close) and that it wasn't reviewable.

I believe that play was in final 2:00. No coaches challenges allowed. It was not ruled a scoring play, so no review. If it had been ruled a TD, would have been reviewed by booth as all scoring plays are reviewed. It was pretty clear on replay that his heel was OB. Regarding the MIA KO return, it looked like Thigpen was knocked off balance but used his arm to prevent his knee from touching. It looked close, but even on TV appeared to not touch IMO.

I actually thought I remember seeing a divot left where his knee hit in the replay.

Watching that replay I thought the divot was from his shoe as he was knocked off balance. The knee doesn't appear to touch. Close, but I don't see it.