Gilmores club? Anyone know when it comes off?

Dylanme8

Keep him off the field as long as he has that thing on his hand. Maybe Rodgers couldn't have covered those screens as well as Gilmore did, but he also might be able to actually tackle somebody. If Brooks is back play him instead.

He looked timid and weak out there. Not a good look for a CB.

If he does play, look for the Fish to run WR screens his way.

Hopefully if the Fish do that Pettine will be more prepared this time. He has to know they will try that if Gilmore is in.

[/quoteHop

Its not a club. Its part of his arm, his hand grew into that shape after rehabbing with the aliens in district 9.

His left eye is bigger than his right eye now too.

Gilmore has been fitted with Biotics, ala Mass Effect 3

i agree that he was of little use with it, even compared to rogers... who at least can tackle, some, and made a pick at one point too. if you have zero chance at an interception, sure makes it a lot more appealing to throw the ball that way.

There's always one handed interceptions. So it's not a zero chance. More like 15%

Don't put this guy on the field again until the club comes off. Clearly he is having issues adjusting to playing with it. Robey showed he can play and A Williams has been a ball hawk

robey plays well in a strong secondary jumping routes and blitzing. robey does not play near as well in coverage and running with a wr. we are too quick to give depth guys credit for playing their role while and thinking they will play a bigger one just as well.

We sure will need Gilmore to play and excel this week vs Saints. I'd love to see him healthy with McLuvin as #2 Robey in slot and Brooks as #4 and Williams back to where he BELONGS... at SS. Williams got burned in the same fashion Flash Goodwin blew past coverage vs Cinci. No player should EVER get behind the secondary in a situation like that at end of game. Hartline also does not possess Goodwin's speed and for him to have about 5 yards on Williams on that 2nd down play on final drive was inexcusable. If Tannenhill doesnt overthrow him by alot, this would be the play the whole board would be flipping out about today.

He;s shown to have good cover skills, but is more suited for SS covering either a TE or in the box. He's a big boy, a very good tackler and will probably get the task of covering Jimmy Graham this week. Pats used a CB in Talib who is also a "big corner" to cover TE and Williams has best skill set between tackling and coverage on bigger guys to draw the task.

We sure will need Gilmore to play and excel this week vs Saints. I'd love to see him healthy with McLuvin as #2 Robey in slot and Brooks as #4 and Williams back to where he BELONGS... at SS. Williams got burned in the same fashion Flash Goodwin blew past coverage vs Cinci. No player should EVER get behind the secondary in a situation like that at end of game. Hartline also does not possess Goodwin's speed and for him to have about 5 yards on Williams on that 2nd down play on final drive was inexcusable. If Tannenhill doesnt overthrow him by alot, this would be the play the whole board would be flipping out about today.

He;s shown to have good cover skills, but is more suited for SS covering either a TE or in the box. He's a big boy, a very good tackler and will probably get the task of covering Jimmy Graham this week. Pats used a CB in Talib who is also a "big corner" to cover TE and Williams has best skill set between tackling and coverage on bigger guys to draw the task.

Yes, that play on their final drive is pretty troubling. Would love to be a fly on the wall in the film review session. Hard to believe in that situaiton you have any valid excuse for the coach in how you let the guy get behind you.

Williams got burned in the same fashion Flash Goodwin blew past coverage vs Cinci. No player should EVER get behind the secondary in a situation like that at end of game. Hartline also does not possess Goodwin's speed and for him to have about 5 yards on Williams on that 2nd down play on final drive was inexcusable. If Tannenhill doesnt overthrow him by alot, this would be the play the whole board would be flipping out about today.

You are correct. I mentioned this same play in the Aaron Williams thread. A good throw on that play would have us sitting at 2-5 right now.

We sure will need Gilmore to play and excel this week vs Saints. I'd love to see him healthy with McLuvin as #2 Robey in slot and Brooks as #4 and Williams back to where he BELONGS... at SS. Williams got burned in the same fashion Flash Goodwin blew past coverage vs Cinci. No player should EVER get behind the secondary in a situation like that at end of game. Hartline also does not possess Goodwin's speed and for him to have about 5 yards on Williams on that 2nd down play on final drive was inexcusable. If Tannenhill doesnt overthrow him by alot, this would be the play the whole board would be flipping out about today. He;s shown to have good cover skills, but is more suited for SS covering either a TE or in the box. He's a big boy, a very good tackler and will probably get the task of covering Jimmy Graham this week. Pats used a CB in Talib who is also a "big corner" to cover TE and Williams has best skill set between tackling and coverage on bigger guys to draw the task.
You are correct. I mentioned this same play in the Aaron Williams thread. A good throw on that play would have us sitting at 2-5 right now.

Take a look at what I just posted here: http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/162969-bills-final-play-shows-why-mike-pettine-is-awesome/page__st__20#entry2953501

I am wondering why they just dont play brooks at that spot till they get the club off......Have there been any Ron Brooks sightings?

He's supposedly closed to returning from the foot injury that has shelved him for quite some time.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz