Things are getting better, now we need wins to show for it

billsfan_34

Everyone has their opinions thats for sure. This is a qb driven league with rooks trying to right the ship. Im frustrated with the losses too i cant argue with the 13 years etc....the old Bills would of completely folded today and we clawed until the end. Gilmore playing with a club on his hand, spiller limping between every play. Im not sure what everyones seein i just see something different.

well...you havent yet become old and bitter. my advice to you,,,get away as soon as you can. RUN!!! Before its too late.Look at us..do you want to become that way?

cmon man, the Bills put 24 pts up on the score board with their best WR out,and their best RB suffering, and with a QB right off the PS. Freaking amazing to me!! Lets not forget that he Bengal defense held Brady to no TD's & only 6 pts last week

First game back from an injury for Byrd, Gilmore and the latter playing with a huge cast on his hand.

The biggest improvement for me was the benching of LG Colin Brown as Thad had some time to throw now and then. Brown was the worst player on the team by far.

First of all the Patriots are not that good

More importantly every week is different and being home vs on the road is huge. I also don't care what this team did vs that team only what Bills do vs team they are playing, the rest is just excuses for ppl trying to make themselves feel better

Woods is their best WR anyone that doesn't realize that hasn't been paying attention and Fred is still pretty good and arguably still their best RB

In saying all that I'd still like to know where the OP has seen improvement bc I'm just not seeing it.

well...you havent yet become old and bitter. my advice to you,,,get away as soon as you can. RUN!!! Before its too late.Look at us..do you want to become that way?

You can tell a kid not to play with fire, but until he burns himself, he will never know the lesson you were "trying" to teach him.

Without watching this game, ifyou told me that Thad Lewis was responsible for 24 points, 200 yards, 3 TD and 1 TO, I would tell you the Bills won.

I missed most of the first half. Admittedly, Lewis and the offense looked a little shook for most of the third quarter.

However, this loss is 100% on the defense. With a backup/practice squad/3rd string QB(whatever you want to calm him) starting, this was an unacceptable performance by the defensive unit.

480 yards is never acceptable. 330 yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick Part II Andy Dalton is unacceptable. Long chunks of yards and TD catches to Marvin Jones (who?!?!?) can't happen. Not if you want to win with the backup QB.

Defense was brutal today, punt coverage gave up another big return and receivers dropped a lot of catchable balls

The play calling on defense was very conservative most of the game then got aggressive once they were behind

Edited by Max997

They were terrible for 3.5 quarters today. Cincinnati absolutely dominated on both sides of the ball. Kudos to Lewis for hanging in there, but this loss looked a lot like every other loss in this downward spiral that started with home run throwback.

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive subject lines. The topic starter can edit the subject line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

well....I'm surprised how game we are every week. I mean I am not a fan at all of Hackett....IMO he's horrible....but I hope he learns a grows and turns into a good one.

For some reason this week I just sat back and enjoyed what was a good game. I didn't get mad when we lost...which is a shock around my house. I think we can all agree EJ wouldn't have made a difference. We played a very good team today.....probably the best one so far....and we had some good spurts and somehow kept it close when I thought it was going to get out of hand.

I've conceded this is an evaluation year. Sure we could be anywhere from 0-6 to at least 5-1 but we;re not. Rookie coaches and a slew of rookie players out there flying around and scaring everyone. But now all I really want from this season is to beat the teams in our division. If we can do that I'll be convinced its a new day and next year things are looking up. I've lived in FLorida for 10 years and as a Bills fan I still hate the Dolphins more than anyone...so all I really want is a couple wins in the division.

Just hope Hacket can grow as an OC as much as we expect the rookie players to grow. I think the D will come around with the consistency at some point.

I have been off the grid all day and just getting a chance to visit TBD. I was able to watch the whole game. I live in Ohio, so will start with the Bengals first. I am not a Bengals fan. I don't care whether they win or lose. I do know from the amount of coverage they get in Columbus, that they are a very good team that, both locally and nationally, was expected to be a strong SB contender at the beginning of the year. They will go as far as Dalton will take them. They should have won this game, as they were as healthy as they have beem all year and they were playing a team starting a PS QB with one week of 1st team reps, without their #1 WR, and a #1 RB playing hurt. Their defense is among the very best in the league. AJ Green is undefendable at times and overall a bad matchup for the Bills CBs due to his size. This is the year for them to get further than the first playoff game. The AFC North is a suckfest below them.

Now for the Bills. I did not expect them to win because at the end of the day, they were starting Thad Lewis, Stevie was out (which puts the Bengals #1 CB on Woods) and CJ was playing hurt. I was expecting the Bengals to go up 31-10 in the 3rd. I was surprised by what unfolded after that. IMO, the Bills lost this game because in hindsight, Marrone should have taken the FG in the 1st half. The D gave up too many yards and didn't tackle well at all in the 1st half. I am not upset at Thad for the fumble. Teams turn the ball over, espeically when they are trying to make plays from behind. That's football. Peyton Manning through a pick 6 against Jax for pete's sake. But it is important on how you come back from those. Cincy's D bounced back after Dalton's INT. Ours did not and allowed the TO to turn into points. Finally, for the 2nd week in a row, our ST gave up a big play on a PR. it wasn't a TD but it might as well have been. All they needed was FG to win and they gave up a 29 yard return? Not good.

I have been a huge fan for as long as I can remember. I really like this team. I know there will be numerous posts about same old Bills, no moral victories, etc. I agree only with the 2nd part. I don't believe in moral victories for good teams. I think this team has been through significant injuries and so far played 5 of the best defenses in the league through the first 6 weeks. The AFC is going to be very interested down the stretch, as some perennial playoff teams are not going to get there (Houston, Pitt). I think KC is going to end up losing some games as they haven't beaten a good defense so far. Next week's game against the Dolphins will be the worst defense we have played since NE. Not sure stats-wise, just from watching them play. Today's matchup is not a good barometer based on who we had hurt and the fact that the Bengals offense ws under incredive pressure to live up to expectations and ability.

Without watching this game, ifyou told me that Thad Lewis was responsible for 24 points, 200 yards, 3 TD and 1 TO, I would tell you the Bills won.

I missed most of the first half. Admittedly, Lewis and the offense looked a little shook for most of the third quarter.

However, this loss is 100% on the defense. With a backup/practice squad/3rd string QB(whatever you want to calm him) starting, this was an unacceptable performance by the defensive unit.

480 yards is never acceptable. 330 yards to Ryan Fitzpatrick Part II Andy Dalton is unacceptable. Long chunks of yards and TD catches to Marvin Jones (who?!?!?) can't happen. Not if you want to win with the backup QB.

This