Official Bills Only-Talk Thread - PPP Style

Look **** head I never said Thad was better then EJ. Or got into that at all. I asked if it was wise to spend a #16 in a bad QB class. I will have that beer. Now you go up and load a fresh smack needle and get back to me.

It was absolutely wise to spend a high pick on a QB this year, because otherwise you'd have Kolb going in solo with someone like Skelton backing him up. You don't know how the preseason would have played out and there's no guarantee Bills would have landed Lewis and you could have had Tuel actually play a couple of games. No thank you.

As for gambling on a better QB next year, you better tank the season then, because there are at least 4 teams worse than Bills who will be looking at QBs next year, so it's not a given that Bills' choices would be better by waiting a year. It would have been the continuation of Nix's maddening strategy of building the team first and then getting the QB, when the professional GM's Handbook says you do the opposite.

• Replies 550
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was absolutely wise to spend a high pick on a QB this year, because otherwise you'd have Kolb going in solo with someone like Skelton backing him up. You don't know how the preseason would have played out and there's no guarantee Bills would have landed Lewis and you could have had Tuel actually play a couple of games. No thank you.

As for gambling on a better QB next year, you better tank the season then, because there are at least 4 teams worse than Bills who will be looking at QBs next year, so it's not a given that Bills' choices would be better by waiting a year. It would have been the continuation of Nix's maddening strategy of building the team first and then getting the QB, when the professional GM's Handbook says you do the opposite.

Kelly was picked 14 in a good QB class, and you know how that worked out. You don't need to be #1 Trading our 16 this year for a first next year would put us in a position of having 2 firsts in a good QB class. Limitless possibility's. Maybe we get the next Luck? We will Never know because our wagon is hitched to the inaccurate fragile EJ.

Smack needle ?

More like Simon smacked you around earlier.

EJ Cj and big ole fat #99 are gonna be here a while. Enjoy the ride bro.

They are not half as bad as you make them out to be.

You are one zoned out dude.

I have no problem giving up on EJ if he doesn't look like he will be a guy who will win games for you next season. By that, I mean a real difference maker.

If he is not.......just keep looking.

I agree that EJ does not have the look of an elite QB........he kind of reminds me of Phil Simms.......a guy with good enough skills and the mental makeup you want.......but as a young player he seems to be a long way from harnessing his talent. He isn't a natural QB but he has the skills to be molded.

Unfortunately, this isn't the NFL of 5 year plans that Phil Simms arrived into.

If EJ doesn't show big potential this season............and this injury will make that hard to do.........it is already time to draft another QB.

It's not like if EJ develops 3 years from now that the Bills will have missed on the only good QB in the past 3 years.

The current NFL is very QB friendly and the players coming in are much more pro-ready so there will continue to be many more quality QB's coming into the league.

You just can't shortchange yourself at the QB position.

I have not seen enough of EJ to pass judgement. I really hope he gets healthy and can string several consecutive games together so I can see what he is made of. If he cannot stay healthy - that is another conversation entirely.

LABillzFan: "batschittmuftherpuckinglooniebin"?

I did not know you had met my ex-wife! :D

Edited by rockpile

Well, I am not going to say what I really want to... but I am still annoyed that one of our favorite robots ain't around.

I have not seen enough of EJ to pass judgement. I really hope he gets healthy and can string several consecutive games together so I can see what he is made of. If he cannot stay healthy - that is another conversation entirely.

LABillzFan: "batschittmuftherpuckinglooniebin"?

I did not know you had met my ex-wife! :D

It is hard for any logical person to say they have seen enough of EJ to pass judgement. In fact, I dare anyone to judge past the truth that he has not looked "great." He has looked "good" but that was not consistent. He is very raw.

Well, I am not going to say what I really want to... but I am still annoyed that one of our favorite robots ain't around.

Well, there are two robots. One doesn't visit, the other does a drive-by here once in a while, is summarily thwacked and then retreats into the weeds.

It is hard for any logical person to say they have seen enough of EJ to pass judgement. In fact, I dare anyone to judge past the truth that he has not looked "great." He has looked "good" but that was not consistent. He is very raw.

Why are you surprised at the bipolarity of TSW? He's either Canton-worthy, or he needs to be traded for Skelton. There's no in between.

No it's totally accurate. I have seen this year after year. Wait till so and so's leg heals! Wait till so and so gets a couple years experience! And here we are, many years later.

No, it's not. You missed the "We should change everything every game because everyone sucks!" crowd.

No, it's not. You missed the "We should change everything every game because everyone sucks!" crowd.

The crowd I dislike most is the one that can never take anything positive away from a loss. They drive me nuts. No matter what upside you try to take away, they see things one of two ways: a win or a loss, and that's it.

Those pussrags somehow think they hold this higher ground of thinking, as if a team with an entirely new coaching staff, rookie quarterback, new playbook and new defensive scheme is somehow expected to win every game against established teams and that no progress whatsoever should be given consideration.

Hate those phucking pussrags.

The crowd I dislike most is the one that can never take anything positive away from a loss. They drive me nuts. No matter what upside you try to take away, they see things one of two ways: a win or a loss, and that's it.

Those pussrags somehow think they hold this higher ground of thinking, as if a team with an entirely new coaching staff, rookie quarterback, new playbook and new defensive scheme is somehow expected to win every game against established teams and that no progress whatsoever should be given consideration.

It's not like you to sugarcoat things in this manner.

Those types avoid all critical thinking by distilling everything down to black and white. W or L, everything else is excuses. For some reason those same morons can't take anything positive away from our recent wins, which strikes me as wildly inconsistent but I'm an excuse maker.

Which is why you don't see me posting very often over at Camp Unicorn.

I rarely post over there myself. I got a warning point for inappropriate language ostensibly for calling jboyst an idiot and !@#$ing moron in a parody of DC Tom (here at PPP) but it was mentioned that I was being "political" on TSW. Someone had a thread that was titled: Did we make a gaffe by choosing EJ over Geno? I answered with something along the lines of "that's not a gaffe. A gaffe is claiming Hawaii is part of Asia and that the U.S. has 57 states. It was no political statement on my part but I wonder if I'd have been treated the same way if I said a gaffe was pronouncing nuclear as "nucular"? I guess I just didn't realize they were that sensitive over there.

I rarely post over there myself. I got a warning point for inappropriate language ostensibly for calling jboyst an idiot and !@#$ing moron in a parody of DC Tom (here at PPP) but it was mentioned that I was being "political" on TSW. Someone had a thread that was titled: Did we make a gaffe by choosing EJ over Geno? I answered with something along the lines of "that's not a gaffe. A gaffe is claiming Hawaii is part of Asia and that the U.S. has 57 states. It was no political statement on my part but I wonder if I'd have been treated the same way if I said a gaffe was pronouncing nuclear as "nucular"? I guess I just didn't realize they were that sensitive over there.

You got it easy. I got 90 days for mentioning Bush throwing out the ball at Yankee stadium. Edited by Jim in Anchorage

For 90 day's I couldn't. Then first day back I was given a harsh warning for "mocking" Bills fans for suggesting the Pats are not the cause of their piss poor record.

So, what's your point? Those of us in the know, know that the Pats stand in front of us. Until we kick their asses we suck. But after that, we get to do things that I never imagined. I can picture it now, "no Bruschi, k-y is not allowed."