American Indian group wants the Cleveland Indians name changed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So what's wrong with the way the Redskins imagine is portrayed? That's not a strong and dignified image???

As far as Redskins go, calling attention to skin color is the problem in my opinion. A vote should be taken at all reservations across the nation to determine how American Indians feel about the name.

Then honor the outcome...

As far as Redskins go, calling attention to skin color is the problem in my opinion. A vote should be taken at all reservations across the nation to determine how American Indians feel about the name.

The 'we know what you should think/feel better than you do' crowd would never agree that.

Somehow "Fools rush in where wise men never go" just flashed through my brain.

You are an intelligent and erudite poster, and we are lucky to have you here.

No, it doesn't. If you want to espouse nanny Bloomberg's latest crusade you won't get much sympathy here. Now, don't you have an under side of a rock to protect?

but it may appeal to American Indians, so why not name a team after the pale face?

Hell, while we're at it, lets honor the Chinese with a team called the yellow bellies...

Edited by dog14787