American Indian group wants the Cleveland Indians name changed

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Named 90 years ago after an immigrant group that settled in the area. The large Arab community living there doesn't seem to have an issue with it so why should anyone else?

You nitwit, because that's what Arabs call themselves: Arabs

The large Arab community would have an issue if they, Coachella Valley, used a nickname that is akin to the term redskins, say: sand ni**ers.

redskin

noun

• (pejorative) An American Indian.

sand ni**er

noun (pluralsand ni**ers)

• (context, derogatory, offensive) A person of Arabic descent.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

Named 90 years ago after an immigrant group that settled in the area. The large Arab community living there doesn't seem to have an issue with it so why should anyone else?

Because people who aren't of Arab decent that live nowhere near that area are acting like they're offended. Therefore the name, logo, team and shorts need to be changed.

How 'bout Cleveland Redskins? Fits nicely into the whole brouhaha, doncha' think?

I have no problem with that proposed team name. After all, the derogatory nickname "Browns" is an insult to not only black people and those of Arabic/Persian descent for making fun of the color of their skin, but is also insulting to all of the other colors of the rainbow.

As a white fan of the Buffalo Bills who lives several hundred miles from the Cleveland area, I must demand that the Cleveland Browns change their name as it offends me.

Because people who aren't of Arab decent that live nowhere near that area are acting like they're offended. Therefore the name, logo, team and shorts need to be changed.

No, they're not. Whiny douchebag media a--holes from LA and NY are acting like they're offended. Therefore you are just another pathetic PC lemming.

You nitwit, because that's what Arabs call themselves: Arabs

The large Arab community would have an issue if they, Coachella Valley, used a nickname that is akin to the term redskins, say: sand ni**ers.

No sh-- retard. That's why I said it was much nonsense about nothing. Go take your meds.