Yes, the Colts receivers dropped 7 balls, but

nodnarb

If you STILL don't accept Bill Belichick as the best analyst and strategist in football today, your head is in the sand. Even when a colts WR DID drop a ball, there was a DB right on him to make the hit or make the catch difficult.

It wasn't Earthwind Fuggin Moreland, Randal Fuggin Gay, Troy Fuggin Brown and Hank Fuggin Poteat that shut down the NFL's most prolific passing offense of ALL TIME. It was Belichick, who has studied the colts and has the unique eye to read all of their offensive concepts and exploit them. You wanna tell me that those 3 stud receivers couldn't get open? Why? Because Belichick knew every one of their tendencies, pre snap, according to alignment and their statistics.

He simplifies and boils down these concepts for each player and communicates them personally. He tells each player what 3 things they can do to help the team win, be it "if you see Edgerrin in this formation, don't ever think he's staying in to block", or "Rian Diem doesn't like *this*. Do *this* early and often, and you'll get in his head", and so on. These little items are on TOP of his overarching strategy and scheme.

He's the best in football, and if he wins the SB again this year, which i believe he will (despite not having Seymore, which so many people made a big deal about, and his two best DBs) then he will be the best football strategist of all time.

Do yourself a favor and stop denying it. It will save you from the pain of crow eating in the end. Belichick is the best, and as long as he's there, the Bills are going to have a tough time ever getting to the SB.

That being said, I think Tony Dungy is soft. Nice guy, soft coach.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

If you STILL don't accept Bill Belichick as the best analyst and strategist in football today, your head is in the sand. Even when a colts WR DID drop a ball, there was a DB right on him to make the hit or make the catch difficult.

It wasn't Earthwind Fuggin Moreland, Randal Fuggin Gay, Troy Fuggin Brown and Hank Fuggin Poteat that shut down the NFL's most prolific passing offense of ALL TIME. It was Belichick, who has studied the colts and has the unique eye to read all of their offensive concepts and exploit them. You wanna tell me that those 3 stud receivers couldn't get open? Why? Because Belichick knew every one of their tendencies, pre snap, according to alignment and their statistics.

He simplifies and boils down these concepts for each player and communicates them personally. He tells each player what 3 things they can do to help the team win, be it "if you see Edgerrin in this formation, don't ever think he's staying in to block", or "Rian Diem doesn't like *this*. Do *this* early and often, and you'll get in his head", and so on. These little items are on TOP of his overarching strategy and scheme.

He's the best in football, and if he wins the SB again this year, which i believe he will (despite not having Seymore, which so many people made a big deal about, and his two best DBs) then he will be the best football strategist of all time.

Do yourself a favor and stop denying it. It will save you from the pain of crow eating in the end. Belichick is the best, and as long as he's there, the Bills are going to have a tough time ever getting to the SB.

208092[/snapback]

Sad but 100% T-R-U-E...The rest of TSW needs to get out of denial.

PTR

Right on the money man.

The guy can really, really coach. They have several players, even starters, who could sign with another team and disappear in terms of productivity. He takes guys like Mike Vrabel and dozens of guys just like him and turns them into solid contributors.

Right on the money man.

The guy can really, really coach. They have several players, even starters, who could sign with another team and disappear in terms of productivity. He takes guys like Mike Vrabel and dozens of guys just like him and turns them into solid contributors.

208116[/snapback]

.....and teaches them to not get caught cheating. :devil:

Tom Brady: Best QB in the NFL today.

Belichick: Best HC in the NFL today.

It sucks, but it's true.

Maybe if Belichick had 200 (yes, 200) pass plays like Mike Martz does, he could mae his team look foolish too.

A simple plan that works. That's what Belichick puts on the field every week.

Kudos to them if they win it all again.

208092[/snapback]

Bilichick is on a higher level than EVERY other NFL coach. It took some hard knocks to get there but he made the leap.

Yes, he'll lose both coordinators but it won't make much difference because he knows how to hire quality staff, something the majority of executives in any field do not accomplish.

He far and away outshines his erstwhile mentor, Parcells.

208092[/snapback]

It's the truth, Belichick is the best. But Tony Dungy a nice guy? Looks are deceiving. He is a self righteous prick and when he was a DC with Minnesota and HC with Tampa he taught and encouraged dirty defensive tactics like spearing and taking the QB out at the knees(see Jim Kelly 1994). How soon people forget.

Maybe if Belichick had 200 (yes, 200) pass plays like Mike Martz does, he could mae his team look foolish too.

208126[/snapback]

Ain't that the truth. People tend to forget the the K-Gun was a relatively small selection of plays that Kelly had to choose from in the same base 3-WR, 1-TE, 1-RB set, and that they executed well because the relative lack of complexity allowed them to concentrate on execution rather than trying to figure out what they were supposed to do. Compare those to Gilbride's "everyone has to read the coverage and react appropriately" abortion of an offense...

Tom Brady: Best QB in the NFL today.

Belichick: Best HC in the NFL today.

It sucks, but it's true.

Kudos to them if they win it all again.

208126[/snapback]

disclaimer: I still hate the Pats and everything they stand for...

just thought I'd throw that out there.

I was watching the game and the spanish commentator, who is friends of Crennel, was saying that Crennel and Weiss come up with the gameplan while Bellichick spends countless hours in the film room trying to pick the opposition tendencies.

Some people say he's a genius, I'd say he's just one hell of a hard worker.

I was watching the game and the spanish commentator, who is friends of Crennel, was saying that Crennel and Weiss come up with the gameplan while Bellichick spends countless hours in the film room trying to pick the opposition tendencies.

Some people say he's a genius, I'd say he's just one hell of a hard worker.

208150[/snapback]

can you please answer the obvious question that arises from your post.

I heard Phil Simms say that Rodney Harrison was more confident this year than last year facing the Colts, because they figured out some tendencies of the Colts.  But that's what happens when you spend 2 weeks looking at game film.  That being said, a short week to prepare for the Steelers AIN'T gonna cut it.

208196[/snapback]

OK, you really ARE nuts. No way a QB that struggled vs. the JEts is going to succeed against the BEST the NFL has to offer, NO WAY.

OK, you really ARE nuts. No way a QB that struggled vs. the JEts is going to succeed against the BEST the NFL has to offer, NO WAY.

Seems to me he destroyed the Patriots and struggled against the Jets during the regular season as well. And again you're ignoring the Steelers' defense against the Pats' offense, in light of how the Colts' weak defense on the road was able to hold the Pats to 6 points.

Seems to me he destroyed the Patriots and struggled against the Jets during the regular season as well.  And again you're ignoring the Steelers' defense against the Pats' offense, in light of how the Colts' weak defense on the road was able to hold the Pats to 6 points.

208242[/snapback]

Whoa, hold on there, cowboy....The Colts also gave up over 200 yards rushing to the Pats.

Note: Corey Dillon was absent in the first Pit/NE meeting, and the team was carrying the weight of an 80000 game winning streak. No such problems now, they'll be underdogs, just where Bill Belichick likes em.

Pats 35

Squeelers 21

Whoa, hold on there, cowboy....The Colts also gave up over 200 yards rushing to the Pats.

Note: Corey Dillon was absent in the first Pit/NE meeting, and the team was carrying the weight of an 80000 game winning streak. No such problems now, they'll be underdogs, just where Bill Belichick likes em.

Pats 35

Squeelers 21

You're on SERIOUS drugs man. How you think the Pats will score 35 on the Steelers IN Pgh when they could only score 20 on the Colts at home is BEYOND insanity! And as for Dillon, who cares? The Steelers can stop him AND shut down the Pats' passing attack, just like they did on Halloween, and just like the Colts did for the first half, only to see their offense do NOTHING. And again, it's a road playoff game for the Pats, Belichick doesn't have 2 weeks to prepare for it, and the Pats won't have Law this time OR Seymour at 100%.