Yes, the Colts receivers dropped 7 balls, but

nodnarb

I like the matchup of the Steelers vs. the Pats better than the Colts and Pats for the following reasons:

- Steelers talent is distributed throughout the team. Colts are required to outgun all teams with their offense. Cutting off the head of Manning means that the Colts die. If Big Ben's head gets cut off (which it likely will) the Steelers still have enough talent defensively and with the running game to stay alive and remain a threat. It's already happened at times this season and Pitt has managed to succeed.

- Weather factors will not be an excuse. Both teams are accustomed to challenging conditions (unlike Colts).

- NE wins at home. Period. They're not at home. Question mark?

Go Steelers!

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that the Steelers have a much better chance of winning than the Colts.

When you play against Belichick, the simpler and more run-oriented your offense is, the better you will do. That's why Carolina had success moving the ball in the Super Bowl against the Pats. They kept it simple; they ran the ball and took some shots downfield. Likewise, Pittsburgh will pound the ball and pound the ball and then take their shots downfield with Burress.

Pittsburgh's receivers are much more physical and clutch. You will not see Hines Ward dropping balls over the middle like the Colts wideouts.

Again I look at the mere 6 points the Pats scored against the Colts' bad defense at home in the first half of that game. Suffice it to say that the Steelers' have a MUCH better defense, and crowd noise will make it harder for the Pats. On offense they need to keep it simple fr Roethlisberger, meaning run and play action.

A key to the game will be whether the Patriots are allowed to play two deep safeties like they did against Pittsburgh. The Steelers have run on everyone this year, and if they can run on the Pats front 7, then New England will have to give saftey support, opening up the downfield passing game.

One of the keys to New England's destruction of the Colts was that their defensive line and linebackers, even without Seymour, was able to control the Colts offensive lineman sans safety help. I don't think they'll have that luxury against Pittsburgh.