Punter Brian Moorman signed

Punch

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What he may have lost in distance he makes up for in hang time. If anything, he was the most consistent and popular player of the BIlls for the past 13 years; I am happy to see him come back and have a graceful exit as opposed to what he got in 2012. He will provide solid leadership to a young team too.

If I'm Moorman, on one hand it's a job. On the other, this team unceremoniously dumped me, their MVP. Not sure I'd want to go back, especially since playoffs aren't a sure thing.

League minimum for a veteran with his tenure is what, 600k? I think I'd get over the dumping with 11 games left so probably 50-60 plays left for him?

Edited by stevestojan

Seriously, what makes you think Moorman will "do great?" He hasn't done even good in three years.

We don't need him to boom 70 yarders. We need a guy who isn't going to shank punts, knows the weather, and gives us some consistently high punts to cover. I think they want moorman to come in and hit 40 yard punts with no returns. No doubt in my mind that he can do that.

We don't need him to boom 70 yarders. We need a guy who isn't going to shank punts, knows the weather, and gives us some consistently high punts to cover. I think they want moorman to come in and hit 40 yard punts with no returns. No doubt in my mind that he can do that.

The thing is, Moorman wasn't kicking the ball out of bounds or knocking them inside the 20 or 10 like he used to for a long, long time. I wasn't worried about booming 70 yarders at all. Moorman was shanking punts and not delivering when you needed him the same way Powell wasn't.

The thing is, Moorman wasn't kicking the ball out of bounds or knocking them inside the 20 or 10 like he used to for a long, long time. I wasn't worried about booming 70 yarders at all. Moorman was shanking punts and not delivering when you needed him the same way Powell wasn't.

This team isn't making the playoffs. Anything wrong with having a strong leader, who loves the city and vice versa, kicking the same or maybe better punts than the last guy who brought neither to the plate?

This team isn't making the playoffs. Anything wrong with having a strong leader, who loves the city and vice versa, kicking the same or maybe better punts than the last guy who brought neither to the plate?

Nope. Powell had to go. There probably aren't better punters out there to do what they will be asking Moorman to do, at least no guarantee or good chance of it. I was simply responding to a poster that said he was going to do "great". If we get mediocre out of him it will be a win.

Nope. Powell had to go. There probably aren't better punters out there to do what they will be asking Moorman to do, at least no guarantee or good chance of it. I was simply responding to a poster that said he was going to do "great". If we get mediocre out of him it will be a win.

My bad then. Out of context. Cheers.

Frankly, I think people complaining about moorman's steep decline exaggerate it. He didn't have his best seasons for us in the last 3 years, but he also wasn't horrible. In fact, in 2011, he had his best punt average year (though I know that's not the best stat to judge a punter).

When I said he'd do "great" for us, maybe that was an overstatement. He'll do great in the sense that he will be about a million times more consistent than Powell. There's value in that and it's a reason why journeymen kickers and punters can be in the league for 15-20 years.

Frankly, I think people complaining about moorman's steep decline exaggerate it. He didn't have his best seasons for us in the last 3 years, but he also wasn't horrible. In fact, in 2011, he had his best punt average year (though I know that's not the best stat to judge a punter).

When I said he'd do "great" for us, maybe that was an overstatement. He'll do great in the sense that he will be about a million times more consistent than Powell. There's value in that and it's a reason why journeymen kickers and punters can be in the league for 15-20 years.

I'd agree with most of that. I really do, however, think he drastically declined in the last few years. He was constantly kicking into the endzone which jacked his average way up but hurt the team. And ones he used to kick to the five seemed to go to the fifteen. Some of it was that we were used to him being great, but he was extremely frustrating to me after being so good so long. I think he will be okay for us. Powell was a big disappointment, especially when you needed a good kick.

The Brandon/Marrone era is a joke so far.

No different.

Ya got that right laugh at these big chnges Brandens been here for 15 years Fifteen years of futility Whaley was Nixes right hand man He's responsible too