Which QB signing would still make the season "watchable"?

I just gandered at the list of available free-agent QBs and the majority reads like a who's who of crap. But which signing would be most and least intriguing to you? Here's mine:

"Best" choices: Josh Freeman-To me, Freeman serves as the most logical choice to give the Bills season at least a glimmer of hope. Freeman has his issues, but I'm sure we can all agree, the talent that would surround him here (when healthy, that is) is far and away superior than the talent he had in Tampa Bay.

Timothy Richard Tebow- I know i'll get heat for this, and probably deservedly so, but he has a winning record and a playoff victory on his resume as an NFL starter. As far as accuracy goes, he's awful. He can't hit the broad side of Pam Oliver's face. But, selfishly, i cant help but wonder what a read-option offense would look like with Tebow/Spiller/Jackson. Just sayin...

Brett Favre-He's 44, been out of the game for 2 years, but reportedly is in the best shape of his life. If there is a definition of "veteran", he is it. This won't happen, but it'd be damn fun to watch..

Worst choices: Trent Edwards-Do I really have to give one reason why this is my top "worst" choice?! I know us Bills fans are loyal and diehard til the bitter end, but if this guy is signed, you'll be lucky if you have one seat filled at Ralph Wilson Stadium the rest of the year, Russ Brandon! DON'T EVEN THINK ABOUT IT!!!

Jamarcus Russell-Everybody's favorite draft bust is reportedly in fantastic shape and has corrected his accuracy issues and his work ethic...but still, No...

Vince Young-Young was cut by the Bills prior to last years opener. Has always had the mobility, but just didn't seem to grasp the overall offense here, or in Philly, or behind Rodgers in Green Bay. You not only need to have the physical attributes to play in the NFL, but you need to have the mental aspect for it as well and be able to understand the offensive schemes that you need to perform when called upon. VY...doesn't! Never has, never will. PASS!

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Timothy Richard Tebow- I know i'll get heat for this, and probably deservedly so, but he has a winning record and a playoff victory on his resume as an NFL starter. As far as accuracy goes, he's awful. He can't hit the broad side of Pam Oliver's face. But, selfishly, i cant help but wonder what a read-option offense would look like with Tebow/Spiller/Jackson. Just sayin...

That's all true about Mark Sanchez, too.

With the way our defense is playing, we could definitely go 3-5 or 4-4 with Vince Young at QB over our next 8 games while Manuel is out. That is good enough to put us around .500 with 4 games left, and try and push for the playoffs. The AFC is pretty weak this year.

Edited by BrooklynBills

Jonathan Paul Losman. I kid, I kid... Hell, if Trent is on the list, might as well include this joker for laughs.

I think Freeman would be a good fit. Has some of EJ's faults, and some of his strengths. Plenty of potential in the right system with the right coach.

Whoever it is, though, it better happen sooner than later. I'd like this person to have some idea about the offense before he steps on the field next Sunday.

Jonathan Paul Losman. I kid, I kid... Hell, if Trent is on the list, might as well include this joker for laughs.

I think Freeman would be a good fit. Has some of EJ's faults, and some of his strengths. Plenty of potential in the right system with the right coach.

Whoever it is, though, it better happen sooner than later. I'd like this person to have some idea about the offense before he steps on the field next Sunday.

It's looking like tuel and thad - you don't wait 2 or more days to make this move

It's looking like tuel and thad - you don't wait 2 or more days to make this move

I don't necessarily think you're wrong, but did not Marrone already say that they'd be going outside the organization for a QB solution?

With all due respect sir, Jeff Tuel looked an awful lot like Billy Joe Hobert on Thursday night...as in, he looked like he hadn't read the playbook!

Read the playbook? Hell he looked like he had no idea how he woke up and found himself playing football. But let's see how 10 days of being the starter effects him.

Go with Tuel. I never saw a NFL player look more scared then he did Thursday. Let's see how he works out knowing for 10 days he's the starter.

I agree. I am actually excited about seeing Tuel with a full 10 days, plus the experience of getting some live bullets on Thursday.

There would be no real excitement in seeing some below-average journeyman come here, and try to pass for 200 yards and no interceptions.

Could be waiting on the Raiders signing Freeman, making Matt Flynn available for trade.

They don't practice until Monday, I believe, so there really isn't anything that the new QB can do until then anyway. Also, whoever they bring in will be running a limited playbook which won't be much different to what we were running with Manuel at QB.

IMO, our options, in order of who could win us the most games:

Josh Freeman

Matt Flynn(trade)

Vince Young

Kellen Moore(trade)

Jamarcus Russel

Tyler Wilson(practice squad)

1-3 are all good options in my book.

Could be waiting on the Raiders signing Freeman, making Matt Flynn available for trade.

They don't practice until Monday, I believe, so there really isn't anything that the new QB can do until then anyway. Also, whoever they bring in will be running a limited playbook which won't be much different to what we were running with Manuel at QB.

IMO, our options, in order of who could win us the most games:

Josh Freeman

Matt Flynn(trade)

Vince Young

Kellen Moore(trade)

Jamarcus Russel

Tyler Wilson(practice squad)

1-3 are all good options in my book.

I like your first 2 choices. My fear, however, is that the front office does not want to bring in anyone who might pose a threat to EJ once he gets back. IMHO, the first 2 on that list would be breathing down his neck.